Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

So Grealish will be winning the free kicks and Fernandinho, given an extra year, will be conceding them if any team dare have the nerve to break on them. I think their games are going to be a bit stop-start next season, lots of whistle and stoppage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

So Grealish will be winning the free kicks and Fernandinho, given an extra year, will be conceding them if any team dare have the nerve to break on them. I think their games are going to be a bit stop-start next season, lots of whistle and stoppage.

They are a horrible team. So happy to moan yet they are the worse cynical foulers in the league.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just going to leave this here ahead of the new season:16F37441-0D92-4B92-8D78-6EADCACCB691.jpeg.e8e630b50c4a8b90faf3f2bdf7bebe15.jpegFYI:

Forest 31 years

Derby 46 years 

Hands up if you were born the last time one of the big teams in the East Midlands won anything! In the time since either of them won anything, we’ve won the complete set!

Bloody love that zero next to our name!

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It really should just be Premier League, FA Cup and - at a big stretch these days - the League Cup if you want to throw around the word "major."

Calling Football League titles "major trophies" in this context is a bit daft. 

If it includes football league titles then why are Newcastle on 66 years when they won the Championship in 2010? lol 

Its proper crap.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It really should just be Premier League, FA Cup and - at a big stretch these days - the League Cup if you want to throw around the word "major."

Calling Football League titles "major trophies" in this context is a bit daft. 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It's especially daft considering they're not counting Norwich's Football League title from a few months ago.

And Newcastle have won the Championship twice in the last decade haven't they lol Burnley won it too, and Leeds.

Should just be top flight, FA Cup and league cup imo.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

And Newcastle have won the Championship twice in the last decade haven't they lol Burnley won it too.

Yep, but they're classing Brentford's Johnstones Paint Trophy, not the league 2 title they won.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not going to lie. Villa fans are the most deluded out there.

City have bid the release clause so basically going to come down to the player and it sounds like he wants city.

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Ours is pretty good, comparably. Also have to factor in the value of our playing squad which is probably huge in comparison to our net spend 

just looked into it, we’re 6th for squad value https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

15th most valuable squad in existence ... hard to believe innit?

847074853_Squadvalues.thumb.JPG.003b4c83241f6efae23fdf6a558949e2.JPG

• Like 4

Seriously shouldn't Man City be chasing Harry Kane and not Grealish? They have plenty of ball keeping attacking midfielders, but with no Aguero anymore, they seem to need a forward more.

• Like 2

I’m sorry, but I’m aware grealish is a top player but 100m good he is not. He’s not at that elite level where those fees would be expected. I wouldn’t have expected him to go for more than 60 or 70 at a push. Then again maguire wasn’t an 80m player so I guess when compared to that transfer it is more understandable. 

48 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Seriously shouldn't Man City be chasing Harry Kane and not Grealish? They have plenty of ball keeping attacking midfielders, but with no Aguero anymore, they seem to need a forward more.

One could argue they played all last season without aguero and they did ok.

However, I'd expect them to bid for kane at some point, even if it's just to test the water as to how much spurs want.

• Like 1

I’m all for clubs overtaking the Super League lot but it’ll be great if Villa fans get a reality check, they seem to think they’re the only ones with a project, rich owners and ambitions, they’re weirdly confident they’re going to progress every year until they’re competing for and winning titles as if it’s that simple. Being optimistic is fine but there’s an arrogance they’ve got with it.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, Yes said:

I’m all for clubs overtaking the Super League lot but it’ll be great if Villa fans get a reality check, they seem to think they’re the only ones with a project, rich owners and ambitions, they’re weirdly confident they’re going to progress every year until they’re competing for and winning titles as if it’s that simple. Being optimistic is fine but there’s an arrogance they’ve got with it.

Yeah.

Theyre now panicked and bid for JWP.

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Really strange signing for Man City to prioritise considering the players he would be competing with. I really rate him, but I think he's one of those players who needs to be the focal point in a team. 

Wonder if we might see a mini exodus should he sign to balance the books a microscopic amount, or is this just (expensive) succession planning?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wonder if we might see a mini exodus should he sign to balance the books a microscopic amount, or is this just (expensive) succession planning?

There were reports about players they might offer Spurs as part of a deal with Harry Kane, including Sterling (surely not) and Mahrez. Who knows? Pep really does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with stockpiling attacking wide players. 

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

There were reports about players they might offer Spurs as part of a deal with Harry Kane, including Sterling (surely not) and Mahrez. Who knows? Pep really does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with stockpiling attacking wide players. 

I am sure Sterling and Mahrez were thrilled with the prospect!

• Haha 4