Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, KFS said:

So the top three form both domestic finals. When does this ****ing boredom end? And don’t say Newcastle because that’s ****ed up in itself.

Really hope we get our shit together and back to challenging again next year.

Was thinking the same thing. Again you look at the top six in the league- which looks quite likely to be the traditional big six teams this season. 

Was thinking earlier how refreshing the FA cup semi finals were last season, furthermore the final too. Us against Southampton- a pretty matched game. And then the two top dogs in Chelsea vs Man city. Was shocked and relieved that last season wasn’t just two Big Six teams against each other in the final. It’s just boring and becoming very uncompetitive now. 

Edited by Chloe_77

25 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

It just highlights the mammoth task any club outside the greedy 6 (not you Spurs lol), has with competing for silverware. It’s such an achievement that we’ve managed to win the league and FA cup when the odds are so heavily skewed.

It also highlights how much Spurs have underperformed :D

• Like 1

Is Rodger's off to Newcastle next then?

Brendan Rodgers watched on as his team dominated possession and played most of the football.

However, Newcastle United restricted Leicester City to only two efforts on target, in the entire 90 minutes (plus stoppage time…).

Bruno Guimaraes providing a spectacular winner only seconds before the referee was set to blow, deep into time added on.

All credit to Brendan Rodgers for his reaction / words after the match.

I struggle to disagree with pretty much anything he says…

Brendan Rodgers reflecting on Newcastle 2 Leicester 1:

“We were much the better team today.

“We controlled most of the game.
“We scored a very good goal and had lots of other really good moments in the game.

“Physically we were excellent in the game, considering we played Thursday.

“The message always is that if you control the ball, you control the game…but for some reason right at the end, we decided to go long with it.

“Then we give it away, Newcastle have a break away…it was very harsh on us because I thought some of our play and our pressing was excellent.
“We started the game fantastic in the first 25 minutes. 

However, we were then a little bit loose with our passing and that gave the (Newcastle United) crowd…it gets them up in the game and they get the goal, but we then find the control again.
“I thought in the second half that we controlled the game really well, we moved them around the field, we got into some really good areas, the minimum you should take is a point in these circumstances…but for some reason we failed to control the ball.
“I’m so happy though for the people here, the (Newcastle United) supporters.

“You get a great feeling every time you come here.

“It is one of the cities and grounds I really enjoy coming to.

“It is great for the (Newcastle) supporters because the passion here is incredible.
“Eddie (Howe) has come in and made a very good start, made some really good signings.

“I think that gives great hope to the (Newcastle) supporters.

“I’m pretty sure they’ll look to build on that in the summer.

“This is one of the incoming football clubs in Britain.
“It is a special place…

“A great atmosphere during the game and we are just disappointed with the result…but we say congratulations to Newcastle.”

:fishing:

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So all the extremely temporary outrage about the Saudi’s buying Newcastle see to have waned then…. lol

Garth Crooks doesn't seem too bothered

Garth Crooks also keen to shower praise elsewhere at St James Park, ‘Newcastle’s new owners, meanwhile, need to be congratulated for taking over the club at a difficult time. They have provided stability and been conservative in the transfer market. I don’t know who is advising them, but they are doing one helluva job.’

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Garth Crooks doesn't seem too bothered

Garth Crooks also keen to shower praise elsewhere at St James Park, ‘Newcastle’s new owners, meanwhile, need to be congratulated for taking over the club at a difficult time. They have provided stability and been conservative in the transfer market. I don’t know who is advising them, but they are doing one helluva job.’

Been Conservative in the transfer market? Didn't they spend nearly £100m in January?