Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

Man City reportedly have secured Haaland's signature.

500K a week.

Will any other club have a chance at the league? This greedy, corrupt capitalism on steriods.

500k a week is ridiculous, any ideas how many years the contract is?

We really need a wage cap in the game.

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

what’s most disturbing about this is when man city pay this sort of cash there’s not even any real risk. even when the players flop you barely notice because they have so many megastars to fill in the blanks.  Any normal team would be lambasted for how bad Grealish has been but it literally barely effects them so nobody cares 

Yea I find it odd that no one is saying anything about a £100m signing who can’t even get off the bench!!

Man C clearly have sky in their back pocket.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

what’s most disturbing about this is when man city pay this sort of cash there’s not even any real risk. even when the players flop you barely notice because they have so many megastars to fill in the blanks.  Any normal team would be lambasted for how bad Grealish has been but it literally barely effects them so nobody cares 

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

Yea I find it odd that no one is saying anything about a £100m signing who can’t even get off the bench!!

Man City also paid a reported £41m for Nathan Ake, and he's largely been bench-fodder who causes problems for his own team when he gets a game.

Wow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Man City also paid a reported £41m for Nathan Ake, and he's largely been bench-fodder who causes problems for his own team when he gets a game.

Wow.

Trevor Sinclair described a defence with Ake in it as "makeshift" the other day.

This makeshift defence also had Cancelo and Stones in it. Both over £50m and international players for top international teams.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Trevor Sinclair described a defence with Ake in it as "makeshift" the other day.

This makeshift defence also had Cancelo and Stones in it. Both over £50m and international players for top international teams.

Sinclair isn't the most eloquent of radio pundits, often gets his words mixed up or gets it wrong.

He did back track when pulled up on it to be fair. I get your point though. 

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Sinclair isn't the most eloquent of radio pundits, often gets his words mixed up or gets it wrong.

He did back track when pulled up on it to be fair. I get your point though. 

I think in a way he's right and wrong tbf. It wasn't a makeshift defence as it had 4 defenders in it (Zinchenko has played left back enough to be considered a left back now). Also Stones and Cancelo are regular first team players so it wasn't makeshift. Makeshift is when you are forced to play midfielders in the defence like we have had to with Ndidi or Liverpool with Fabinho. But also despite costing £41m, Ake really isn't up to the level of Man City other defenders, and he's fine against teams like Norwich etc, but he was never going to cut it against Liverpools front 3. So it wasn't makeshift but also it wasn't a defence I'd be confident facing Liverpool with.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

500k a week is ridiculous, any ideas how many years the contract is?

We really need a wage cap in the game.

Its ridiculousness depends on the amount they have to pay his agent and his s/o fee

They are getting a £250m player for £75m - there is plenty of slack in the deal after dortmund get their 75m for haaland to earn 500/week over 5 years and raiola to take at least €50m. Man City will have actually restricted the salary to 500/week to stop possible salary issues in their camp. 

you would expect the s/o fee paid (could be some to other reps also like his dad) to be £30/£50m too. 

Raiola is no fool - the basics of any deal were worked out a couple years ago when he went to dortmund with the low release clause this summer. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jmono84 said:

There would be more discussion on it if he wasn't an England international.