Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just going to leave this here ahead of the new season:16F37441-0D92-4B92-8D78-6EADCACCB691.jpeg.e8e630b50c4a8b90faf3f2bdf7bebe15.jpegFYI:

Forest 31 years

Derby 46 years 

Hands up if you were born the last time one of the big teams in the East Midlands won anything! In the time since either of them won anything, we’ve won the complete set!

Bloody love that zero next to our name!

Brentford being 12 years ago makes a mockery of whatever point they're trying to make. That better not be the LDV Vans trophy lol

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Surely if the takeover is allowed (or another one is arranged) he'll be straight out of the door and replaced?

Why would you give him a long deal? It's not like he'll be attractive to anybody else and you'll cash in on the compensation. Clubs make really odd decisions at times.

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't imagine they have that much money left to get Maddison. 

Correct not much money left thus the media reports of trying to dump unwanted players on us!  They can Fuchs  off.

Edited by mozartfox

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

See Villa have made a cheeky bid for Ward-Prowse of £25million which has been rejected, think he was worth more than that £40million more near the mark I think. 

If grealish is worth 100 then ward prowse is worth at least half that. A bit cheeky to be bidding a quarter tbh. 

1 hour ago, Yes said:

I’m all for clubs overtaking the Super League lot but it’ll be great if Villa fans get a reality check, they seem to think they’re the only ones with a project, rich owners and ambitions, they’re weirdly confident they’re going to progress every year until they’re competing for and winning titles as if it’s that simple. Being optimistic is fine but there’s an arrogance they’ve got with it.

One of the most deluded fanbases in the country, everyone in the Midlands has always known this.

Edited by MattFox

13 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Villa do look to have spent the grealish money already and it appears they are copying our model of buying wisely and selling a top player.

I've been impressed with their purchases so far and think that they will be competing with us for top 6.

This. Hot take but I think it's McGinn and Watkins they'd miss more.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Villa do look to have spent the grealish money already and it appears they are copying our model of buying wisely and selling a top player.

I've been impressed with their purchases so far and think that they will be competing with us for top 6.

Thought They have only brought Emi Buendia and got Ashley young on a free 

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Not sure Villa aren't exactly short of a few bob with the owners they have, it wasn't so long ago they spent nearly 100million in one window. I think there might be a few late deals for them, especially if Grealish goes.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's terrible but I'm pissing myself about grealish. Have mates who are villa fans tell me about how rich their owners are and how they're not a selling club. It's probably beneficial to us, they're less of a threat to us without grealish and we're never catching city.

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Spending just short of £1bn on transfers in 5 years and not delivering the CL title must represent a degree of failure on Pep's part. In European terms anyway.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's terrible but I'm pissing myself about grealish. Have mates who are villa fans tell me about how rich their owners are and how they're not a selling club. It's probably beneficial to us, they're less of a threat to us without grealish and we're never catching city.

To be fair, taking £100m for Grealish doesn't make them a selling club. Just transfer masters

• Like 1