Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Don't think so, unlike the SPL where it's just top two with the money. In premier league their loads clubs who've got the cash to burn, namely Newcastle to come in time, Man Utd despite their struggles, Arsenal got the cash to burn, Villa got a heavy cheque book, Chelsea depending on who the owners shall be.

It's not just money though, you need great scouting and a manager with a set DNA and a good academy system already in place, most of those teams are years away.

5 minutes ago, LeicesterDavid said:

Any prem fans bored and willing to do a quick 5-10 minute survey for my dissertation about how clubs can connect with fans even after a bad season, I would appreciate it highly:schmike: How can Leicester City FC sustain and heighten brand loyalty? (smartsurvey.co.uk) 

Done mate. Good luck with it!

Liverpool are something else and it pains me to say that.

They are where they are really because they've probably got the world's best manager imo.

Doesn't work with a bottomless pot of money and when he is backed,the players like VVD,Jota and Diaz just fit into his system and team,seamlessly. 

I hope he leaves them ASAP as I really want them to be average again 😄😄

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Is that good? 

No. XG is basically from their play, efforts on goal, crosses and other balls played into the box etc, how many goals they'd be expected to score (probably over simplified it). Basically Man Utd didn't just not score, they didn't get close.

It's a stat that's better used over a series of games in all honesty, it's pretty meaningless for one game, even more so for a half.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No. XG is basically from their play, efforts on goal, crosses and other balls played into the box etc, how many goals they'd be expected to score (probably over simplified it). Basically Man Utd didn't just not score, they didn't get close.

It's a stat that's better used over a series of games in all honesty, it's pretty meaningless for one game, even more so for a half.

Oh I feel bad now you've made a long reply lol

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

They did but everyone can have a freak season. They're so far behind them as a club

I think a lot of that is down to United. They have gone downhill since the start of the season and further since getting rid of ole. Made some poor decisions. Chelsea weren’t far off city and pool for much of the season. I do hope we see more competition and opportunities for progression from other clubs. Without it football is dull. 

Edited by Supergray22

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wonder if at this point they see Rangnick as a failure or if this was expected due to the bad situation the club is in  

I don't see that he's  particularly improved much on Ole.