Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Not quite. Since the Second World War there have been 5 seasons in which Liverpool and Manchester United finished in the top 2 positions.

1946/47, 1963/63, 1979/80, 1987/88 and 2008/09. Liverpool were the champions in all but the last season. But it is strange that over 76 years there have only been 5 seasons like that and only in 46/47 did it really go down to the last couple of games. Looking back at old league tables does remind one of how much more open football was in the 50s, 60s and 70s. In the the 1959/60 season for example the top 6 looked like this

1 Burnley

2 Wolves

3 Spurs

4 WBA

5 Sheff Wed

6 Bolton

Makes you wonder why it took us so long to win the title.

We should have won it under Gillies.

Totally fvcked up the last 4 games of the season, against teams all of which finished lower than 14th.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

On a serious note I think I'd be worried about his mental health. He had that whole Greece debacle and now he's had a season that really shows him to be nowhere near the level of a top 6 club and he's consistently ridiculed by the football community and his own clubs fans. He looks like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders and I don't see it getting any easier for him

I think the criticism of him is way over the top at this stage in the media / social media and players like Pogba are painted as being a talented but trapped potential Ballon D'or if they weren't in a poor team.

Saw something this morning trying to circle stills to show out of out of position Maguire appears to be for Liverpool goals with no context at all. You could manipulate that in any way possible, if you really wanted to I'm sure you could use misinterpreted stills from the PSV game to show how 'out of position' Fofana would incorrectly appear to be.

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Fulham with the overused line of being 'back we're we belong' following their promotion. Errmm, hardly anyone even noticed you were gone....

They're one of the most nothingy clubs going for me. I literally have no opinion of them either way 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Utd have concede more than Burnley this season... 

And yet they’re still only 3 points off 4th albeit played a game more. Appreciate they’re completely bobbins for what they aspire to be but equally us, Wolves, West Ham etc have completely failed to take advantage of this. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Utd have concede more than Burnley this season... 

Hahaha fvcking losers with their shit defence. What a joke. How shit do you have to be to ship more goals than fvcking Burnley. 

Absolute useless scrubs, Maguire you're shit aaaaahhh

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

w2i3l9ag12f51.png?auto=webp&s=1d370950b2

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

And yet they’re still only 3 points off 4th albeit played a game more. Appreciate they’re completely bobbins for what they aspire to be but equally us, Wolves, West Ham etc have completely failed to take advantage of this. 

The thing with a team like Man Utd is they have world class players all over the pitch - they are not playing as a team and have a lot going wrong, but if you stay in games with players like Ronaldo in your team you’re always likely to pick up the points. They have got over the line in so many games this season due to a bit of magic, and this has largely kept them in touch with the top 4.

The way they are playing and the opponents they have, I can easily see them losing all 5 of their remain games.

53 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

If every club who claimed the PL was where they belong actually played in the top tier there'd be about 60 clubs lol

Only clubs who have won the Premier League can rightfully claim it’s where they belong…

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone seen Fernandes' comments yesterday. 

'we've got nothing to play for'. Despicable really. 

Yeah no trophies, but what about trying to win for the fans, perhaps? At the very least! 

Surprises me a little with him if I'm honest. Cvnt he might be but he also seems a pretty driven winner that just hates not winning games anyway. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Surprises me a little with him if I'm honest. Cvnt he might be but he also seems a pretty driven winner that just hates not winning games anyway. 

Yeah it surprised me too. Especially from him. 

I think it just typifies how low and misguided they are as a club right now. From top to bottom they're just a huge mess. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone seen Fernandes' comments yesterday. 

'we've got nothing to play for'. Despicable really. 

Yeah no trophies, but what about trying to win for the fans, perhaps? At the very least! 

If ever there was a reason to bin the "historical right" for a CL place you have it right there.

What a t*sser.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah it surprised me too. Especially from him. 

I think it just typifies how low and misguided they are as a club right now. From top to bottom they're just a huge mess. 

What strikes me is that I expected the squad to take a morale hit when Rangnick went in and I'm a bit baffled why the media think it's surprising. The whole point of Rangnick is he's a high profile Nigel Pearson, he's going in there tasked with identifying their dead wood, the egos, the prima donnas and getting them out of the club. You don't do that without ruffling feathers. 

What surprises me is some of the feathers he has ruffled. I'd have thought the likes of Fernandes and Rashford would have loved him going in there to try and make the squad more hard working and professional. 

And if that's not what United wanted from him then I don't know exactly why they hired a famous builder who's more comfortable back office than in the manager's chair. 

In theory, Rangnick in charge of recruitment and Ten Hag in charge of coaching is one of the most formidable partnerships in the world and we should be terrified. But United, at a corporate level, need to be ready to commit to the culture change of hiring on footballing merit and not commercially. Otherwise they're just wasting talent. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What strikes me is that I expected the squad to take a morale hit when Rangnick went in and I'm a bit baffled why the media think it's surprising. The whole point of Rangnick is he's a high profile Nigel Pearson, he's going in there tasked with identifying their dead wood, the egos, the prima donnas and getting them out of the club. You don't do that without ruffling feathers. 

What surprises me is some of the feathers he has ruffled. I'd have thought the likes of Fernandes and Rashford would have loved him going in there to try and make the squad more hard working and professional. 

And if that's not what United wanted from him then I don't know exactly why they hired a famous builder who's more comfortable back office than in the manager's chair. 

In theory, Rangnick in charge of recruitment and Ten Hag in charge of coaching is one of the most formidable partnerships in the world and we should be terrified. But United, at a corporate level, need to be ready to commit to the culture change of hiring on footballing merit and not commercially. Otherwise they're just wasting talent. 

There's no plan there - literally the words of a journalist to me whose job is covering Man U every day. Alluded that Woodward and his replacement are clueless. 

The feeling amongst some is that Rangnick might not even be there in a few weeks - it's been implied that he will go upstairs but there is no defined plan. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There's no plan there - literally the words of a journalist to me whose job is covering Man U every day. Alluded that Woodward and his replacement are clueless. 

The feeling amongst some is that Rangnick might not even be there in a few weeks - it's been implied that he will go upstairs but there is no defined plan. 

And that's exactly it. If they arrived at Rangnick and Ten Hag purely by reputation without understanding how and why those guys had previous success then they're fvcked. 

If they hired them because they finally understand where they've been going wrong and they're ready to learn - the rest of us are fvcked. 

• Like 2