Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is where it falls down as a rivalry for me. They're never actually in any direct competition with each other. I don't think they've met in a final in 20 years either.

Off the top off my head the last time they met in a final would be 96 fa cup final. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think that first part is partially a myth that we tell ourselves to convince each other that it won't last forever. 

Liverpool were shit for a generation and it didn't really curb their supporter base significantly. 

Even when Liverpool were "shit" between mid 90s and mid 2010s, they still won 2 FA cups, 4 league cups, a UEFA cup and, oh yeah, one of the greatest champions league wins ever.

8 trophies in 20 years is still great going. Averages at a trophy every 3 ish years.

In the nine years since Fergie retired, United have won 1 FA cup, 1 League Cup and a Europa League. Two of those trophies were under Mourinho, in the same season - 5 years ago. 

For a club that's one of the 5 richest in the world and certainly top 5 biggest spenders, that is horrific. If they don't get another trophy within the next 2 years, I think the brand starts to really get tarnished.

How many games does mctominay play for them? He's not a great player but he plays a lot and as their wage structure goes if I was him I'd be sacking my agent sharpish. You've got the gift that keeps on giving in United handing out stupid contracts so take advantage or get paid the same somewhere that isn't toxic. I think mctominay could get a lot better in a club that wasn't so toxic with a bit of stability. 

And I'd take Henderson here as Kaspers replacement in the next 2-3 years after father time catches up with him, he must be the best number 2 in the league by a country mile, people forget how good he was at Sheffield United and when he had a run in the man United team, and he's currently on less money. 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Just took a look at Man U's weekly wage bill, as best an internet search can throw up, & its just criminal what these guys are being paid from top to bottom.
We know the likes CR7 are on stupid wages but its the fringe players that get me these are earning from £75k upwards, the likes of McTominay are around the £85k mark now i'm mixed on the numbers just because whilst he isn't a Man U 'player' as in not good enough & is a fringe player earning a top players wage (for another club) atleast he puts some graft in for his wages the rest are 100k up to 510k & stroll around.
The 1 that really made my jaw drop is Sancho £18.2m per year £350k pwk the kids 21 what incentives does he have to become a better player no wonder the whole club is poison.

ps - Dean Henderson never plays £100k pwk he want's out but who's going to be paying him £100k pwk

Spot on.

Their fans think these top level players want to go to the club for the prestige/contenders but in all honesty it's purely for the money and nothing else.

The club is a mess from the top down, until they sort the infrastructure out no manager will be successful there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many games does mctominay play for them? He's not a great player but he plays a lot and as their wage structure goes if I was him I'd be sacking my agent sharpish. You've got the gift that keeps on giving in United handing out stupid contracts so take advantage or get paid the same somewhere that isn't toxic. I think mctominay could get a lot better in a club that wasn't so toxic with a bit of stability. 

He does play a bit just because he's the only 1 showing a bit of fight & agree i think somewhere else he becomes a solid starter & would get better

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

And I'd take Henderson here as Kaspers replacement in the next 2-3 years after father time catches up with him, he must be the best number 2 in the league by a country mile, people forget how good he was at Sheffield United and when he had a run in the man United team, and he's currently on less money. 

Yep would have him in a heart beat & i think way back in the Kasper thread put him up as an option as he wanted out but didn't realise he was on 100k he can't come straight in on that & be a #2 pushing it even if he was #1 considering his lack of game time & what other players are on in our squad it just knocks it all out of kilter

Guest Col city fan

I’ve watched Man Utd play for decades and I can’t recollect a worse Utd side than this one

They have no desire, no game plan and no leaders.

How the Hell is Ragnick meant to be a good ‘tactician’

The new bloke coming in has to start offloading the deadwood before signing anyone else imo.

If not, any new players will soon become submerged into what appears to be a toxic situation at the club

To think how much they’ve spent and to see super young players like Sancho not even come on as sub last night is ridiculous

They essentially have to hit re-start!

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve watched Man Utd play for decades and I can’t recollect a worse Utd side than this one

They have no desire, no game plan and no leaders.

How the Hell is Ragnick meant to be a good ‘tactician’

The new bloke coming in has to start offloading the deadwood before signing anyone else imo.

If not, any new players will soon become submerged into what appears to be a toxic situation at the club

To think how much they’ve spent and to see super young players like Sancho not even come on as sub last night is ridiculous

They essentially have to hit re-start!

Sancho did come on as a sub 

• Like 1

Further proof (if it were needed) that Sky have no care or clue about what’s going on outside the big 6, I’ve just seen a brief advert for this Sunday’s Merseyside Derby where they showed a Liverpool goal followed by Maddison’s goal against Burnley. 

It’s one thing David Cameron not being able to tell apart two teams wearing the same colour shirt but that is a new low for Sky.

22 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Here’s a question, and I don’t have the answer to it…when was the last time that both Man U and Liverpool genuinely competed for a league title against each other? They seem to be like ying and Yang - 90s Man U dominated and Liverpool dropped from their 80s perch while Man U rebuilt 

It is weird that they have so rarely been rivals in a title race. 2008/09, which has been mentioned, really was a big one though.

It was United's chance to finally get level with Liverpool's 18 titles - and Liverpool were desperate to stop them doing so.

United won it of course, thus completing an extraordinary historical symmetry between the two:

First Liverpool won the League twice - 1901 and 1906.

Then United won it twice -   1908 and 1911.

Liverpool won three - 1922,  1923 and 1947.

Then United won three -  1952, 1956  and 1957.

That was followed by Liverpool (1964), United (1965), Liverpool (1966) and United (1967).

So they had seven each - in step all the way.

Then Liverpool raced away -- winning an incredible eleven (between 1973 and 1990). 

But then United came back and won eleven - with 2008/09 the one that completed the pattern.

The whole process had a kind of mythical quality, similar to the timing of King Richard III's reburial in 2015 and our miracle escape / title win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

Saudi scum are flying now :blink:

Imagine after all the hard work Eddie Howe has done keeping them and pushing them for mid table finish. They sack him come end of the season... bring in someone to raise the stakes. Wouldnt put it past them. Especially if they go for their original first choice Umi Emeri.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1