Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Amazing what spending millions can do for you isn't it!

Anyway here's something to laugh at ...

lol

Hate this. Hope it all goes horribly wrong for them.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12595249/harry-maguire-manchester-united-captain-receives-bomb-threat-to-his-home

Harry Maguire: Manchester United captain receives bomb threat to his home

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has received a bomb threat to his home.

The threat was reported to Cheshire Police, who conducted a sweep of the England international's home on Thursday afternoon.

Maguire has two young children with his fiance Fern Hawkins.

A spokesman for Maguire said: "In the last 24 hours, Harry has received a serious threat to his family home.

"He has reported this to the police who are now looking into the matter. The safety of his family and those around him is obviously Harry's number one priority.

"He will continue to prepare for this weekend's fixture as normal and we will not be commenting in any further detail at this time."

A statement from Cheshire Police read: "On Wednesday 20 April, Cheshire Police were called to reports of a bomb threat at an address in the Wilmslow area.

"No evacuations took place, but as a precautionary measure a police explosives dog has attended the address this afternoon, Thursday 21 April, to conduct a search of the gardens and surrounding area."

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I understand it’s Man Utd but the fuss around them appointing Ten Hag is mental. I’m not even convinced he’ll do that well for them 

Crazy thing is hes billed as young, up and coming but he's older than Pep and Rodgers and only a year younger than Klopp... 

He hasn't even dominated domestically in the Netherlands. 

This appointment is based off one European Cup run surely? 

36 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I understand it’s Man Utd but the fuss around them appointing Ten Hag is mental. I’m not even convinced he’ll do that well for them 

Wall to wall on Sky sports News, Maguire was just a footnote normally it would be all over the same programme. 

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Imagine after all the hard work Eddie Howe has done keeping them and pushing them for mid table finish. They sack him come end of the season... bring in someone to raise the stakes. Wouldnt put it past them. Especially if they go for their original first choice Umi Emeri.

They won't do that. As reprehensible as the new owners are, they are clearly well organised with a clear plan. Their decisions so far have been annoyingly good and sensible, and there is no reason to think it won't continue 

28 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Maguire might be a bell but that's pathetic to call in a bomb threat (whoever did it). Hope they do serious jail time as it is unacceptable behavior.

This is fake news as there was a misunderstanding as his manager reckoned 'Slabhead' needed a rocket up his arse!! I think they call it "lost in translation".

I'd like to have seen Roy Keane and/or Gary Neville get the Man Utd job. Both make a living slagging them off yet I bet they'd both bottle it if offered the job.

Would be fun to see if they could actually walk the talk

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
51 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Maguire might be a bell but that's pathetic to call in a bomb threat (whoever did it). Hope they do serious jail time as it is unacceptable behavior.

It's all a symptom of how serious sky et Al have made football. It literally doesn't matter yet the whole circus has made the most meaningless things the most serious things for some. The whole circus around man utd is weird.

Like the fickle bastard I am, after this bomb threat thing I’m willing to back England Harry Maguire now and let the way he left our club go. He’s had enough of the shit I thought he deserved and I can’t imagine the state of his mental health right now.

Shame it’s not his brother getting the level of shit he is.

16 minutes ago, KFS said:

Like the fickle bastard I am, after this bomb threat thing I’m willing to back England Harry Maguire now and let the way he left our club go. He’s had enough of the shit I thought he deserved and I can’t imagine the state of his mental health right now.

Shame it’s not his brother getting the level of shit he is.

Yeah the level of criticism is absurd now but it's symptomatic of a lot of 'big 6' English PL fans who have not a single original thought amongst them and just parrot whatever they see on social media

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

I blame xG it’s turning normal fans into crazies 

With Maguire it is almost going beyond comical now. He is painfully out of his depth at man united. It’s insane that we got £80m + for him even tho both Soy and Evans were better than him when we sold him. Yeah it was a great move for him financially, but from a footballing perspective if he had stayed with us or gone to someone like West Ham or Burnley he would be thriving. I assume Ten Haag will be looking to ship him out but who the **** will pay what they would want for him? Just shows the grass isn’t always greener. 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

With Maguire it is almost going beyond comical now. He is painfully out of his depth at man united. It’s insane that we got £80m + for him even tho both Soy and Evans were better than him when we sold him. Yeah it was a great move for him financially, but from a footballing perspective if he had stayed with us or gone to someone like West Ham or Burnley he would be thriving. I assume Ten Haag will be looking to ship him out but who the **** will pay what they would want for him? Just shows the grass isn’t always greener. 

It's got Newcastle written all over it