Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

Kane would cost more than £100m?

Marginally more (in the context). But the point is, they have near unlimited money so the idea they wouldn't spend a little bit more on a player who'd massively improve them but will spend this on Grealish who whilst a quality player, is ultimately a luxury player for Man City is bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Spending just short of £1bn on transfers in 5 years and not delivering the CL title must represent a degree of failure on Pep's part. In European terms anyway.

Absolutely. Losing 3 times to Chelsea in a month as well, was pretty unforgivable. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Marginally more (in the context). But the point is, they have near unlimited money so the idea they wouldn't spend a little bit more on a player who'd massively improve them but will spend this on Grealish who whilst a quality player, is ultimately a luxury player for Man City is bizarre. 

them buying him stops one of their competitors doing so (which could make a much bigger difference to that side) 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pep will turn Grealish in to a machine. He wants him to become a number 8, as opposed to a winger. I think he'll be unreal in the next year or so.

Seems to have regular niggles like Maddison, though.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pep will turn Grealish in to a machine. He wants him to become a number 8, as opposed to a winger. I think he'll be unreal in the next year or so.

Agreed, he adds a new dimension to their attack. They can afford to have just one holding player behind Grealish and De Bruyne then a front 3 ahead of that, inverted wing backs adding numbers to create overloads in the middle or wide depending on the opposition... They should be wiping the floor with the majority of the Prem this season, even more-so than last. 

Add Kane to the mix and you’re looking at significant favourites for the champions league IMO. On paper it’s very impressive stuff, big potential (and great for England too). 

Edited by FoxesWalk

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Seems to have regular niggles like Maddison, though.

I don't recall him being out much other than last seasons injury. KDB has made a very good career despite getting injured at least once a season.

Obviously through gritted teeth I have to say Man City are the best team in the league (I’ll still debate they’re incredibly boring though given the talent they have) - they have to be with the players they buy and the players they hoard just so opposition can’t have them in turn diluting the competition but for the money they spend, the players they have are they really that much better than the rest? 

They're beatable, again through gritted teeth i’d say Liverpool achievements in terms of games unbeaten etc are more impressive and they’ve still not got the elusive CL as has been mentioned.

(Mind you I’m abit confused as to why it’s so elusive to them given their fans boo the CL anthem and the club wanted to turn their back on the CL in turn to set the super league up)

Then of course you have Pep, crying about prices of players, saying deals are quote “impossible” and even claiming he’s going to have to play the U23’s against us next week.

Edited by Matt

I'm a big fan of Grealish but £100m is a mental figure (even by Man City's standards) for a guy who hasn't fully broken into the national side yet. He's a fantastic talent but that's at least £25m-£30m over his true value imho.

Spurs will be adding a few zeros to Kane's value having seen this. I think they may have shot themselves in the foot here as arguably they need a striker more than a midfielder / winger and they may have just priced themselves out of their first choice option. Hopefully anyway :D

‘Grealish isn’t worth X amount’

Has nobody learned anything from Leicester City in the past 6 years? 

A player is worth whatever his selling club can demand.

If Villa can get £100m for him then fair play to them. That’s insane money they can reinvest in their squad just like we have.

The only shame for Villa is that they don’t really have anyone else to sell to do the same. Yet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

If Villa can get £100m for him then fair play to them. That’s insane money they can reinvest in their squad just like we have.

The only shame for Villa is that they don’t really have anyone else to sell to do the same. Yet.  

Don’t think anyone thinks Villa shouldn’t demand that, just that Man City shouldn’t be paying that much for him. Then again guess it’s pretty irrelevant to them 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

But will it work with Grealish?  He’s a very strong-willed maverick on and off the pitch.  A solo entertainer.  At the moment, just about the biggest brand name among English footballers.  He’s not Mahrez.

His style of play is close to the opposite of what Pep will demand.  Is he ready to completely change it to become a cog in a machine full of interchangeable parts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

But will it work with Grealish?  He’s a very strong-willed maverick on and off the pitch.  A solo entertainer.  At the moment, just about the biggest brand name among English footballers.  He’s not Mahrez.

His style of play is close to the opposite of what Pep will demand.  Is he ready to completely change it to become a cog in a machine full of interchangeable parts?

Yeah I think he will, he's going to be phenomenal.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I think he will, he's going to be phenomenal.

You could well be right … but I hope not!

I’d prefer Grealish to become a cautionary tale about the career risk of going to a huge side that hoards star players … and a pri** ;) in Pep’s balloon of reputed genius.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 2

Didn't know that Ashley Young returned to Villa.

Think he's still got a bit to offer at his age, but doesn't need to prove anything reallyv- considering his past with them.

Edited by Wymsey

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The player is worth whatever the selling club think he's worth to them.

Grealish is simply worth that much to Villa.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I think Spurs will do a lot better than people are expecting them to.

In fact, I think there is every chance they'll finish above us.

They can play weak line ups in Europe which will help but still interrupts their PL prep ….I’d say it’s pretty even between us 

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think Spurs will do a lot better than people are expecting them to.

In fact, I think there is every chance they'll finish above us.

Depends if Kane goes. If he does and their drop in calibre of manager and other could quite easily be another poor season for them.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Depends if Kane goes. If he does and their drop in calibre of manager and other could quite easily be another poor season for them.

Dunno, I suspect Nuno will get a tune out of them, and I think Kane leaving might turn out to be a good thing for them; they've built their style of play around him to their detrement. If they buy well I can see them competing for top six.