Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Would be great if we could help drag Villa into it. Not that I think they'll get relegated, but would be nice to see them squirm a bit... 

Villa play Burnley twice, could get even more interesting down there.

Really hoping Everton drop though!

26 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would ironic if it's Liverpool that send Everton into the relegation zone come Sunday tea time.

Burnley play first so if they get something out of Wolves Everton would already be in the bottom 3 going into the later game. Also Burnley play Watford the week after the day before Everton's game so it's possible Everton could be a few points adrift by the time they even face Chelsea.

20 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I will throw something across the room so hard if our carelessness ultimately helps Everton stay up instead of a scrappy team like Burnley. 

Rather then their game against us, it's more likely to come down to the fact that Man Utd don't give a shit about anything.

That was a huge 3 points for Everton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Kind of symbolic of the cheap, low key, anonymous bullying that has ended up with him getting bomb threats at his house where he, his wife and 2 young children live though, isn’t it?

The Maguire as a meme stuff has reached a point where it’s not funny anymore and is starting to have a genuinely nasty and cruel underbelly to it now.

Yeah mate completely I posted it for discussion, not inviting signatures!

Edit to say, this is in the news it's not just some niche meme

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Kind of symbolic of the cheap, low key, anonymous bullying that has ended up with him getting bomb threats at his house where he, his wife and 2 young children live though, isn’t it?

The Maguire as a meme stuff has reached a point where it’s not funny anymore and is starting to have a genuinely nasty and cruel underbelly to it now.

In what world is that petition bullying? It's ****ing stupid, but the description is weirdly polite and clearly from a yank. Get a grip mate

52 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

In Everton's run in, the best I can see them getting is 7 points. While Burnley run in i'd say 6 points. Going to be tight. 

I just think ( hope) Burnley can pull a result out of nowhere against anyone ; I don’t think Everton have the stones to do the same so I’m fancying their chances 

16 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

In what world is that petition bullying? It's ****ing stupid, but the description is weirdly polite and clearly from a yank. Get a grip mate

I think he just means the whole Maguire hate campaign. Does seem to be going way too overboard lately. 

Bloke’s self-esteem must be in tatters now. I know people will say oh he’s on x amount per week who cares etc etc but all this hate / pressure can’t be good for his mental health and home life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

I think he just means the whole Maguire hate campaign. Does seem to be going way too overboard lately. 

Bloke’s self-esteem must be in tatters now. I know people will say oh he’s on x amount per week who cares etc etc but all this hate / pressure can’t be good for his mental health and home life.

Oh sure I can sympathise from that perspective, but let's be honest he hasn't helped himself with the comments he made even before the Liverpool match. I think he's coping with it better than most will think if he's making such statements.

47 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Ironic that he is getting a bomb scare instead of being one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Has this been posted yet

Screenshot_20220421-224957.png

People take things to far, must be horrible growing up as a supporter to the club. only to get that dream move only for years later to be getting abuse and death threats from your own supporters. Youd think after all this you wouldn't want anything to do with that club no more.

I never get how booing, or campaigning like this are supposed to help the club or the player.

Most players, if not all are are quite egotistical, if they get to PL level, they clearly have quite a bit of talent - if you want the best out of them, sing there name, praise them, massage their ego.

There is not a single player who has improved after being abused or booed by their own fans.

• Like 3

Maguire has become a scapegoat as he is the captain of a club that could well be in freefall. No one talks about the other players not performing, but instead everything is about him and their fans are using his price tag as ammunition to shut him down! Disgusting behaviour really! 

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I never get how booing, or campaigning like this are supposed to help the club or the player.

Most players, if not all are are quite egotistical, if they get to PL level, they clearly have quite a bit of talent - if you want the best out of them, sing there name, praise them, massage their ego.

There is not a single player who has improved after being abused or booed by their own fans.

not really relevant but i remember taking my mate to a game and him saying this to me… before i informed him that we were shouting Huuuuume not booing 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1