Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I never get how booing, or campaigning like this are supposed to help the club or the player.

Most players, if not all are are quite egotistical, if they get to PL level, they clearly have quite a bit of talent - if you want the best out of them, sing there name, praise them, massage their ego.

There is not a single player who has improved after being abused or booed by their own fans.

Agreed, most if not all of such actions have self-aggrandisement at their heart. It’s bullying, low key perhaps, but bullying pure and simple.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shailen said:

Maguire has become a scapegoat as he is the captain of a club that could well be in freefall. No one talks about the other players not performing, but instead everything is about him and their fans are using his price tag as ammunition to shut him down! Disgusting behaviour really! 

Yep was saying this yesterday, he’s in poor form however as a centre back of the people in front of you are not running it’s a difficult job.

there was an image about his position for one of the goals, it was terrible but also seeming there isn’t a midfielder anywhere near the playing passing the ball.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I never get how booing, or campaigning like this are supposed to help the club or the player.

Most players, if not all are are quite egotistical, if they get to PL level, they clearly have quite a bit of talent - if you want the best out of them, sing there name, praise them, massage their ego.

There is not a single player who has improved after being abused or booed by their own fans.

Booing is not intended to help the target, it is a sign that the booers have given up on the booee, it is a stage, coming after: mumbling, groans, comments, ironic clapping and cheering of a sub.

Mobs need a focus and Harry fits the bill admirably for the empty heads, captain, expensive and visible -  in the same way that a goalkeepers mistake often leads to a goal but multiple mistakes by a striker or midfielder are not so noticeable.

Of course this is unquestionably bullying and nasty.

Edited by J. James

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, J. James said:

Booing is not intended to help the target, is a sign that the booers have given up on the booee, it is a stage, after: mumbling, groans, comments, ironic clapping and cheering of a sub.

Mobs need a focus and Harry fits the bill admirably for the empty heads, captain expensive and visible -  in the same way that a goalkeepers mistake often leads to a goal but multiple mistakes by a striker or midfielder are not so noticeable.

Of course this is unquestionably bullying and nasty.

Top marks for use of the term ‘booee’

👍

24 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

Burnely missed a trick to improve their goal difference last night. When their 2nd goal went in I though this could be Southampton's annual 9-0 drubbing.

Hopefully waiting for us.

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Maguire has become a scapegoat as he is the captain of a club that could well be in freefall. No one talks about the other players not performing, but instead everything is about him and their fans are using his price tag as ammunition to shut him down! Disgusting behaviour really! 

Not really. It's not his fault but he just isn't good enough for the level that club expects to be at. 

We told them this when they tried to sign him initially. We all said we weren't too bothered about losing him. This is why. 

Does he deserve abuse away from the pitch? No. During a game though they're wise to let their feelings be known when it's a club thats been reported to field players on 'marketability' over actual ability. 

30 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Not really. It's not his fault but he just isn't good enough for the level that club expects to be at. 

We told them this when they tried to sign him initially. We all said we weren't too bothered about losing him. This is why. 

Does he deserve abuse away from the pitch? No. During a game though they're wise to let their feelings be known when it's a club thats been reported to field players on 'marketability' over actual ability. 

Does, did Maguire have marketability? I'd have thought they could have found a more marketable defender for less than £80m.

Even so no matter what his ability level abusing him on or off the pitch is more likely to make him less effective surely not or shouldn't be the the aim of any supporters. 

22 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I was going to show off by using it in my next Scrabble game, but it's not allowed, unfortunately.:sweating:

English really is a wonderfully eclectic language. lol

Edited by Dahnsouff

15 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

A colleague is a United fan and a season ticket holder of 35+ years. He is absolutely disgusted with the current crop. He says the lot need a clear out or a kick up the arse. He'd only keep the ones brought through the academy. 

I have a mate like this. However,my mate wanked himself dry when they made each of those signings. Listening to him after the disgusting amount of money spent on Sancho, and when Ronaldo came back, and how this was a magnificent team that just needed a good manager was nauseous. 

I presume another huge spending spree is due which will lead to more self love for the fans and tonnes of media hype. Great for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

I was going to show off by using it in my next Scrabble game, but it's not allowed, unfortunately.:sweating:

I played an online scrabble game but the words it allowed were bizarre slang whereas it wouldn't allow certain actual real ones such as Jewish or Jew!

I deleted it,  dont need a PC game on my PC thanks.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If they work out how to properly integrate him and he can adapt to the style of play, Haaland at the top of a Pep system could be fvcking terrifying. 

Allows them to play literally every way. 

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Allows them to play literally every way. 

Easier said than done, though. He's a much different player to someone like Thierry Henry or David Villa who very much fit in his systems at Barcelona in a way that made them interchangeable with the rest of the front 3 or 4.

He struggled to work with Ibra and really couldn't get the best out of him there although I think it's far to say a clash in personality styles probably played a part. Ibra has been quite vocal about how Mourinho understood how to work with him far more. 

Since then I guess Pep has worked with Lewa in that outright 9 role and you could argue Lewa wouldn't be the force he is now without that time spent with Guardiola. 

It'll definitely be interesting. 

27 minutes ago, J. James said:

I played an online scrabble game but the words it allowed were bizarre slang whereas it wouldn't allow certain actual real ones such as Jewish or Jew!

In time we might have to state our prefered gender pronoun in our foxestalk profiles, as per a few of my you tube hangouts.

Usernames might become a bit of a palaver too due too inherent patriarchal tendencies.

That said, I think Harry could have been marketable, in that bit of rough catagory,  if he had been able to make a better impression in a better Man U team. 

2 hours ago, J. James said:

Reminds me of:

An English teacher asks 2 men called John and James to write a sentence describing a man with a cold in the past tense. John writes “the man had a cold” which the teacher marks as incorrect, James writes “the man had had a cold” which the teacher writes as correct. James’ correct answer had had a better effect on the teacher.

In other words - James, while John had had had, had had had had; had had had had a better effect on the teacher

Edited by Sampson