Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

HAHA wow. I need to read properly! Normality restored.

To be fair BBC are very sneaky at slipping the women's stuff in with the men's and I've often been clickbaited into an article thinking 'WTF!?' only to soon realise they're talking about the women's game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Asha said:

To be fair BBC are very sneaky at slipping the women's stuff in with the men's and I've often been clickbaited into an article thinking 'WTF!?' only to soon realise they're talking about the women's game.

Yeah I've done a similar thing, looked at the score thinking "womens rugby" only to find womens football..

Ooops... joke ok... no bombs threats or booing please

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That's Steve McFadden who has played Phil Mitchell in popular BBC soap drama EastEnders since 1990. This is NOT Erik Ten Hag. Please delete.

No - this is Steve McFadden!

image.png.8f662b4c9930a9678a10c19543f86de5.png

4 hours ago, Asha said:

The Fa do it as well with their emails, I guess they can use it to justify how popular Women's Football is.

41 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Good old BBC giving Wham all the sympathy.  Try managing for 2 seasons

Screenshot_20220422-194311.png

Welcome to our world. In recent season, three non big six clubs have tried to balance multiple competitions and it’s always squad depth what gets you 

5 hours ago, Asha said:

Does my head in, let them have their game and keep it real for the rest of us. I'm 43, fat and nowhere near good enough to lace my boots up for professional football. But I'm tempted to become the greatest striker womens football has ever seen by changing my name to a female one and sitting down for a piss to treat myself. I'd be the alexandra mitrovic of the women's game and the BBC would love me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Umbungo78 said:

Does my head in, let them have their game and keep it real for the rest of us. I'm 43, fat and nowhere near good enough to lace my boots up for professional football. But I'm tempted to become the greatest striker womens football has ever seen by changing my name to a female one and sitting down for a piss to treat myself. I'd be the alexandra mitrovic of the women's game and the BBC would love me 

Fully agreed mate ! And ban coloured boots while we're at it ! Can't even order an Indian these days can you !

• Like 2

Manchester United is such a complicated mess, this is now there 5th permanent manager since Ferguson left. All apart from Solskjaer have come with great reputations and an ability to achieve success. It’s was always going to be toughest for Moyes following Ferguson, but it’s proved to be just a challenging for everyone else.

I can’t see Ten Hag being a success, unless he’s given time and the licence to completely rebuild - players like Pogba and Maguire need to be moved on, and the board need to be happy to take a big loss on the investment.

Having world class players will always win you games and Sancho, Ronaldo, Pogba, Cavani will always have moments of brilliance that will keep you in and around the top 6, but they need to build a team. 
This is where our rebuild will be interesting, as Man Utd, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Aston Villa and Everton (If they stay up) are all in need of moving some expensive players on, and bringing in some genuine PL quality players to start and improve their starting XI.

Alongside this Spurs and Arsenal, do need significant investment in their playing squad, to get to where they want to be and closer to Man City and Liverpool and challenging in Europe and for domestic trophies.

With no World Cup or continental competitions this summer, I think this will be one of the most exciting summer transfer windows ever. 

12 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Good old BBC giving Wham all the sympathy.  Try managing for 2 seasons

Screenshot_20220422-194311.png

Now our centre backs are fit, maybe we can help out? Loan them Vestergaard. 

Edited by SkidsFox

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Manchester United is such a complicated mess, this is now there 5th permanent manager since Ferguson left. All apart from Solskjaer have come with great reputations and an ability to achieve success. It’s was always going to be toughest for Moyes following Ferguson, but it’s proved to be just a challenging for everyone else.

I can’t see Ten Hag being a success, unless he’s given time and the licence to completely rebuild - players like Pogba and Maguire need to be moved on, and the board need to be happy to take a big loss on the investment.

Having world class players will always win you games and Sancho, Ronaldo, Pogba, Cavani will always have moments of brilliance that will keep you in and around the top 6, but they need to build a team. 
This is where our rebuild will be interesting, as Man Utd, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Aston Villa and Everton (If they stay up) are all in need of moving some expensive players on, and bringing in some genuine PL quality players to start and improve their starting XI.

Alongside this Spurs and Arsenal, do need significant investment in their playing squad, to get to where they want to be and closer to Man City and Liverpool and challenging in Europe and for domestic trophies.

With no World Cup or continental competitions this summer, I think this will be one of the most exciting summer transfer windows ever. 

It was the same when Busby left and before Fergie turned up.

• Like 1