Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I think the longer the Kane deal takes, the worse it is for Spurs cause unlike the other top six clubs Tottenham haven't got the cash to spend to buy a decent replacement until the Kane deal goes through. I don't think they can plan ahead either by bringing in replacement now, due to the fact if the Kane doesn't go through then they will have a striker like say a Danny Ings sitting on the bench, earning so much amount... plus i'm not sure a striker like Ings would wanna go to Spurs to be second fiddle. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buce said:

Dunno, I suspect Nuno will get a tune out of them, and I think Kane leaving might turn out to be a good thing for them; they've built their style of play around him to their detrement. If they buy well I can see them competing for top six.

Losing a world class striker who consistently scores 20+ goals a season I find it most bizarre how that could be a good thing, each to there own and that,

Edited by Kingleicester

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Kevin friend is a legend.

Met him in a bar in Bristol not so long ago, was more than accommodating with us and had a few beers with us. Supports Leicester too, great guy. 

Someone asked him if it’s true that Bobby Madley shags dogs, he said no don’t be so ridiculous. It was Mike Dean lol

Ok Kev:plancque:no need to make shit up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Sky reporting that Kane hasn’t turned up to training with Spurs. Guess he could be off too... 

City are going to need to make plenty of sales to make this work. 

Unless he has a justifiable reason such as illness or family matters he should be there. He's paid by Tottenham and under contract there.

We saw how disruptive it was when Mahrez didn't show up.

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If Levy is being a twat about it (eminently possible) then that's the only stance that will get him out of there. 

I think this is the likely scenario. He believes they have a verbal agreement, but clearly it’s not been easy for them to agree a deal because otherwise he wouldn’t feel the need to do this. 

Signing a 6 year deal in 2018 was daft but then thinking that you could have a “gentlemen’s agreement” with Daniel Levy of all people is just breathtakingly naive.

He won’t be going anywhere this summer.

10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Signing a 6 year deal in 2018 was daft but then thinking that you could have a “gentlemen’s agreement” with Daniel Levy of all people is just breathtakingly naive.

He won’t be going anywhere this summer.

I don't mind the six year deal, that's a lot of financial security for a man earning a reported £300k a week. I think we'd all sign it.

What is silly is neither him or his agent/representatives trying to get that "gentleman's agreement" into a written contract or legal document. Go present Levy with that last year, try and turn it from Gentleman's into Legal and see how willing he is. The reaction would have told you everything you need to know.

I don't begrudge players wanting to move clubs and equally I don't mind them wanting to move during a long contract, but be smarter about it. It's 2021 and players are still getting caught out by thinking verbal agreements mean something. Come on now.