Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

lcimg-27ba1f5a-210c-40bf-8490-04287fb3fbeb.jpg

Proper spicy down there at the moment. Burnley have to play Villa twice. Everton's best hope of points is against us again probably given our European excursions.

Leeds all of a sudden look in big trouble to me.

But now that Burnley are above Everton I think the Toffees will go down. They really lack fight as a team, and despite us playing quite badly against them, never played like a team desperate to stay up.

Just now, David Hankey said:

The optimists at LCFC will look at the table as it stands and say we have not lost in 20 of the 32 games played.

However, the pessimists will argue we have not won in 21 games of those 32.

Funny old game, football.

That is mid-table for you 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Many fans often bemoan Top not "going for it" and spending that little bit extra to push us a little bit further over the line. IMO it's actually the reason why we missed out on the Champions League twice in a row. BUT, look at Everton as the reason as to why he hasn't done it. We've had a pretty awful season and yet are still in the semi finals of a European competition and safe in the league. Even if Everton survive this season I think they are a shoe-in to go down next because they simply need too much work done to them to make them competitive. Their signings have been awful.

If they go down I think they will do a Sunderland or Leeds and be down for quite a while. That's what happens when a club is run badly.

Agreed, a clear indication it isn’t about just spending to progress.

Makes it even more special what was achieved prior to us winning the title.

it will be interesting to see how Newcastle progress over the next 12 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Agreed, a clear indication it isn’t about just spending to progress.

Makes it even more special what was achieved prior to us winning the title.

it will be interesting to see how Newcastle progress over the next 12 months.

Dare I say, they have spent wisely, how long that lasts I don’t know. Howe is doing a good job though 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't do it to yourself. 

We probably would have said that three games ago. If we'd won the last three, which really shouldn't have been a big ask, we'd be hammering on the door of 5th by now. 

I realise the focus is on Europe but it wasn't Everest we were climbing to put pressure on. Wolves have lost 14 this season, we are more than capable of getting closer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Dare I say, they have spent wisely, how long that lasts I don’t know. Howe is doing a good job though 

Yeah maybe a case of hands were tied to a certain degree because of their league position in Jan and the attractiveness of a transfer to a club with a risk of being regelated. 

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

I realise the focus is on Europe but it wasn't Everest we were climbing to put pressure on. Wolves have lost 14 this season, we are more than capable of getting closer.

You're preaching to the choir my man.

We're all feeling it. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't do it to yourself. 

We probably would have said that three games ago. If we'd won the last three, which really shouldn't have been a big ask, we'd be hammering on the door of 5th by now. 

We are where we deserve to be.

True, we could have done with fewer injuries and perhaps a bit more luck with key decisions. But the way the manager and players have performed in 2021/22, consistently disappointing and letting us down, merits no more than a mid-table finish.

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yeah the last 3 games have been hugely frustrating and disappointing, regardless of whether you are Rodgers in or not. Still the true test was always Roma.