Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Sidepoint from what's going on on-field, but take a look at the fans in the front rows when it zooms in for a throw-in. Unironic wearing of half-and-half scarves, phones glued to the action happening right in front of them, one bloke half-asleep with a sunhat on and earphones in during the Merseyside derby... christ above, our atmosphere may be shite but I'd never trade it for those sorts of tourist plastics in a million years. Clappers are positively edgy in comparison. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If I had to make a list of the most unlikeable players in the PL, my top 4 is already decided,

1) Fernandes

2) Son

3) Richarlison

4) Zaha

Any other nominations?

Vesty

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah the last 3 games have been hugely frustrating and disappointing, regardless of whether you are Rodgers in or not. Still the true test was always Roma. 

And IF we’d won  v Newcastle, Everton & Aston Villa we’d now be 8th with 2 games in hand on 7th & 6th place and only 2 & 4 points behind. Those places are Man U who have collapsed and West Ham who are, as expected, falling off at the end of the season. They have also now lost Dawson to a red card. If we win the Conference then fair enough but if not looks like a serious misjudgment of priorities.

So not convinced the Conference should have been the sole priority

• Like 3

Has Rodgers snuck into Liverpool’s training session? They keep giving the ball away….. 

I actually hope Everton go down, after listening to that trollop on the radio talk about them prior to our last game annoyed me. They’re a bit like Boro used to be, just stinking out the lower regions of the PL waiting to go down. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Dare I say, they have spent wisely, how long that lasts I don’t know. Howe is doing a good job though 

Howe brought in some duffers whilst at Bournemouth. More cash may mean more Duds?  BUT to his credit he never got involved in Pension Top-up schemes for surplus Saints.  Congers should have tarred and feathered for that initiative. It is also a black mark for BR and I am a big supporter of his.  Just crazy we spent window after window sanitizing the 2016 window f**k up, plus eradicating some Puel mistakes, then we bring in more deadwood.  Frigging amazing. Let’s hope we have learnt by all this. Please.

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If I had to make a list of the most unlikeable players in the PL, my top 4 is already decided,

1) Fernandes

2) Son

3) Richarlison

4) Zaha

Any other nominations?

Pogba!

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

1) Fernandes

2) Son

3) Richarlison

4) Zaha

Any other nominations?

No one comes close to Fernandes for me.

As cvntiness goes, he’s in a league of his own.

• Like 4

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, sishades said:

What a magnificent game this is....cracking atmosphere too. !

Did you post that yesterday at the KP?

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

1) Fernandes

2) Son

3) Richarlison

4) Zaha

Any other nominations?

Add Kane and Rudiger to this list and even that 6 playing on their own would score about 27 goals against us.

• Haha 1

What also annoys me is how sky seem to stick to shit players…. Like Gordon, the lads shite, and they talk him up….. whereas I barely hear anything said about KDH who let’s face it, is England’s saviour. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

And IF we’d won  v Newcastle, Everton & Aston Villa we’d now be 8th with 2 games in hand on 7th & 6th place and only 2 & 4 points behind. Those places are Man U who have collapsed and West Ham who are, as expected, falling off at the end of the season. They have also now lost Dawson to a red card. If we win the Conference then fair enough but if not looks like a serious misjudgment of priorities.

So not convinced the Conference should have been the sole priority

This assumes the point of winning a trophy is solely to qualify for Europe again. 

Edit: and the teams we put out were good enough to win all three games

Edited by bovril