Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Pretty much 30 goals a season from him for 7 seasons in a row and Levy has pretty much refused to back him/the squad with other talent.

Two finals (lost both comfortably) is the closest he's come to any success.

It's apparent that he won't get a move unless he asks for it and this sort of maneuver won't affect Spurs chances of receiving top dosh. 

£150m for Kane. Who says no? Spurs could easily replace him and build the rest of their squad up if they're sensible about it.

He is paid a ****ing fortune - millions - to do a very easy job in training. The millions and millions of impoverished kids that must look up to him, and I'm talking the penniless...the type Rashford is busting his balls to feed, will see a bloke who can't be arsed to go to work for more a week than they'll see in their life. 

Not turning up, ESPECIALLY as a footballer, to further ones own interests at the denigration of the collective is scummy behaviour. It's the actions of a piece of shit. 

Edited by foxile5

A well run club would actually be quite happy with the prospect of £100-120 million for someone with Kane's recent injury record who will only decline in ability rather than improve.

However...this is Spurs, and they will likely waste 75% of that money on crap.

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
34 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Signing a 6 year deal in 2018 was daft but then thinking that you could have a “gentlemen’s agreement” with Daniel Levy of all people is just breathtakingly naive.

He won’t be going anywhere this summer.

His agent is more than breathtakingly naive....

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Surprised at that by Kane didn’t think he was the type to pull stunts like that. 

Agreed. I think the squeaky clean, good boy image is forced and he's got a huge ego (as have most players) but he did strike me as a professional who would go about things properly. Can imagine a lot of fans will now turn against him as it isn't something we can really identify with in our own situations.

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Agreed. I think the squeaky clean, good boy image is forced and he's got a huge ego (as have most players) but he did strike me as a professional who would go about things properly. Can imagine a lot of fans will now turn against him as it isn't something we can really identify with in our own situations.

I like him and he strikes me as a good pro.too..

That said, great credit to Maguire when he had a simialr cenario with us. he never kicked up a stink..even played -and scored - in friendlies for us

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

How refreshing that were not involved in any of these shenanigans. Long may it continue.

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

I'll laugh if Grealish is just trolling Man City lol

I’ve grown to like Grealish over the past few months, if he was trolling Man City he’d go beyond my expectations of him.

Personally I think he’s an idiot if he goes Man City and that goes for most players who go there - I could understand Kane going there as he would be likely to play most if not every game. Someone like Grealish will play a 1 in 3.

30 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Why don’t he just hand in a transfer request and be done with it 

Because you are then not entitled to various bonuses (such as a ‘loyalty’ bonus).

As we know, it all about £

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He is paid a ****ing fortune - millions - to do a very easy job in training. The millions and millions of impoverished kids that must look up to him, and I'm talking the penniless...the type Rashford is busting his balls to feed, will see a bloke who can't be arsed to go to work for more a week than they'll see in their life. 

Not turning up, ESPECIALLY as a footballer, to further ones own interests at the denigration of the collective is scummy behaviour. It's the actions of a piece of shit. 

This is somewhat hyperbolic

• Like 2

Just now, The Bear said:

Absolutely. Comparing apples with oranges. 

Maybe so. But I've no time for it. Thousands of folk have to go to work in roles that have so much more societal impact.

No time for prima Donna footballers thinking that not turning up is an effective problem solving issue. 

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve grown to like Grealish over the past few months, if he was trolling Man City he’d go beyond my expectations of him.

Personally I think he’s an idiot if he goes Man City and that goes for most players who go there - I could understand Kane going there as he would be likely to play most if not every game. Someone like Grealish will play a 1 in 3.

comes down to £ unfortunately, reported £360k a week if he goes to Man City. Imagine how many Range Rovers he could write off with that 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kane to PSG possible, I mean it's all man city the talk. But i can still see Kane being keen to reunite with poch... plus they do have the money.

Aye I can imagine them spending 120-150 million as they're light in the centre forward position

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Fans of other teams, or spurs fans?

I don't think Spurs fans will turn on him - from what I can tell they're plenty pissed off enough with Levy as it is and probably won't blame him given how they have done since on the pitch.