Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Issue they have is the amount they've spent and the wages players will be on. No one is going to be dishing out the wages some of their players will want having just gone down. Sunderland probably thought the same and they were no where near Everton in terms of expenditure.

Absolutely this. The teams that have been going down in recent seasons haven’t been massive payers, overspending on trying to break into Europe. They’ve been clubs who’ve been down before and know their place, as nasty as that sounds. Everton aren’t like these clubs. They will have players on Champions league wages strutting around at the likes of Preston and Wigan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Issue they have is the amount they've spent and the wages players will be on. No one is going to be dishing out the wages some of their players will want having just gone down. Sunderland probably thought the same and they were no where near Everton in terms of expenditure.

True, however that first year for Sunderland in championship was a right mess. They brought Grayson in, who is legend here of course but never capable of taking a club from the championship to premier league. His signings were pretty laughable, didn't help his case he couldn't rid of the players who didn't wanna be their and refuse to walk away without getting the rest of their wages. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

True, however that first year for Sunderland in championship was a right mess. They brought Grayson in, who is legend here of course but never capable of taking a club from the championship to premier league. His signings were pretty laughable, didn't help his case he couldn't rid of the players who didn't wanna be their and refuse to walk away without getting the rest of their wages. 

Yeah so imagine the trouble Everton will have getting players off the books, or even having to pay some up for them to move.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If Everton go down I could well imagine brendan letting kasper go and signing Pickford. A small keeper who's good with his distribution but woeful on crosses.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

If Everton go down I could well imagine brendan letting kasper go and signing Pickford. A small keeper who's good with his distribution but woeful on crosses.

The only thing Pickford is good at is time-wasting as he proved this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You really don’t like Kasper do you?

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

That would be insane.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Unabomber said:

You really don’t like Kasper do you?

The post said more about pickford than kasper tbh.

23 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Maybe not, but strangely I'm not as emotionally invested in what Man Utd do as I am Leicester 

Sorry, thought this was about Everton and who was more to blame if they stay up, our 1 point or Man Utd’s 3 points….

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Are you aware that they have massive financial problems? They're not Burnley. If they go down they're in Derby territory. They'll end up in League One. 

They'll have parachute payments. Not sure if that will be enough. 

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

They'll have parachute payments. Not sure if that will be enough. 

They have players with big wages and egos. None of them will accept a huge cut to play in Championship. If I'm not mistaken they're under financial investigation also. Premier League will never deduct points from a team because this is an expensive commercial international product. They'll go down to Championship, have 12 points deducted and they're done. 

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

So Everton are bottom 3 but with a game in hand, against us, chuffing nora it had to be! Kingmakers Leicester, lets just hope we score with our one chance with 70% possesion! 

Their game in hand isn't against us.