Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Still can't fathom how Mane gets away with poking someone's face TWICE and not seeing red card for it. Its 2 yellows at the very least. What happened from the officials' side there? 

Did they bottle it because they were scared of the Anfield crowd and bashing from Liverpool fans afterwards? 

About time some of this corruption gets called out for what it is by some of the media companies. 

Everton have been rightly slated this evening for diving and time wasting.

When Liverpool play dirty and do the same it's conveniently ignored by the media.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying I’d take him at Leicester, but I think Pickford’s a decent goalie tbf. 

He is far better for England.

Seems to be one of those that gets up for playing for the Country.

The only thing more frustrating than VAR is this Peter Walton bloke.

I don't think I have ever heard him disagree with an on field decision. He's like the referee's solicitor.

I wonder how much he gets paid just to give his 'impartial' opinion.

• Like 1

Tend to agree that as a club Everton are ok, they have some players who aren’t exactly loveable but so do most clubs. Also think they need to go down to stop their spiral of decline, and I hope they have the will to rip it all down, reset expectations and come back stronger.

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

The only thing more frustrating than VAR is this Peter Walton bloke.

I don't think I have ever heard him disagree with an on field decision. He's like the referee's solicitor.

I wonder how much he gets paid just to give his 'impartial' opinion.

Former Premier League referee Peter Walton caught speeding in Audi A5 -  Leicestershire Live

• Haha 2

Man City, Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, Sheff Wednesday, Everton etc The slightest whiff of money or success at those clubs and you can forget about any humbling experience of the last few decades their fans have been through. That ingrained sleeping giant mentality will have them screaming for a top four finish, European Tours and the odd cup. You just have to look at back pedalling of Newcastle fans after their recent takeover. 

I think Everton fans have a special level of bitterness brought on by living in the shadow of Liverpool for decades. To be in the same city as a club with that level of success has ruined them. They have invested massively summer after summer to no avail, they force manager after manager out. They now seem to be turning on the board. 

• Like 1

I have no issue with Everton per se.

The fans as a homogenous fan base do tend to buy in to the 'People's Club' rubbish a bit; but just about every Everton fan I know is sound. Homogenous fan bases obviously don't even exist; so I'm not really sure what I'm criticising, but its a bit like Liverpool's 'THIS MEANS MORE' nonsense. Both fanbases do seem to have this inherent superiority about them; as a collective; and I suspect its because the clubs both play up to it.

I do however think that, like Liverpool, they indulge in the dark arts and gamesmanship and seem to get a bit of a free ride for it. They also have more than their fair share of players that opposition teams just don't like. 

So, my genuine desire to see them relegated is a bit weird, I suppose, but I do want them to go down.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, thought this was about Everton and who was more to blame if they stay up, our 1 point or Man Utd’s 3 points...

It doesn't take a mathematician to work out that 3 points are better than 1, but I'm a Leicester fan and not a Man Utd fan.. or a fan of any other team they might have taken some points from over the course of the season. 

As a Leicester fan I'm finding our defensive frailties, inability to defend set pieces and lack of game management in the closing stages of games frustrating enough. If, in the run in, it somehow contributes sufficiently to being one of the reasons Everton stay in the league I will personally find in even more frustrating. If they get enough points anyway by winning games elsewhere then I don't really care! 

I'm surprised I've had to spell it out really ... 

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

It doesn't take a mathematician to work out that 3 points are better than 1, but I'm a Leicester fan and not a Man Utd fan.. or a fan of any other team they might have taken some points from over the course of the season. 

As a Leicester fan I'm finding our defensive frailties, inability to defend set pieces and lack of game management in the closing stages of games frustrating enough. If, in the run in, it somehow contributes sufficiently to being one of the reasons Everton stay in the league I will personally find in even more frustrating. If they get enough points anyway by winning games elsewhere then I don't really care! 

I'm surprised I've had to spell it out really ... 

Guess I got the wrong end of the stick on the conversation, but as you say, we are all Leicester fans!!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I have no issue with Everton per se.

The fans as a homogenous fan base do tend to buy in to the 'People's Club' rubbish a bit; but just about every Everton fan I know is sound. Homogenous fan bases obviously don't even exist; so I'm not really sure what I'm criticising, but its a bit like Liverpool's 'THIS MEANS MORE' nonsense. Both fanbases do seem to have this inherent superiority about them; as a collective; and I suspect its because the clubs both play up to it.

I do however think that, like Liverpool, they indulge in the dark arts and gamesmanship and seem to get a bit of a free ride for it. They also have more than their fair share of players that opposition teams just don't like. 

So, my genuine desire to see them relegated is a bit weird, I suppose, but I do want them to go down.

Van per se?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

He's a good shot stopper but total head case. I like a calm and reliable keeper, thanks very much

I always thought it was a pre-requisite of the Goalkeepers Union that you had to be as mad as a box of frogs in some way. They're all nuts, you just pick your flavour of psychosis 😃