Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Man City, Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, Sheff Wednesday, Everton etc The slightest whiff of money or success at those clubs and you can forget about any humbling experience of the last few decades their fans have been through. That ingrained sleeping giant mentality will have them screaming for a top four finish, European Tours and the odd cup. You just have to look at back pedalling of Newcastle fans after their recent takeover. 

I think Everton fans have a special level of bitterness brought on by living in the shadow of Liverpool for decades. To be in the same city as a club with that level of success has ruined them. They have invested massively summer after summer to no avail, they force manager after manager out. They now seem to be turning on the board. 

I think there's also resentment that when Everton were successful in the mid-80s they were banned from Europe in four successive seasons as a result of the Heysel disaster.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Koke said:

**** Everton, hope they go down. 

Me too, for two daft reasons. 1. Their home strip is too similar to ours. 2. Along with Arsenal, they're the only PL club that haven't been in the second tier during my lifetime. Btw, 5 of their last 6 matches are against clubs from the London area.

The new Burnley manager playing players Jack Cork, Dwight McNeil and Vydra who had been mainly on the bench under Dyche.

And now they're been given game time and playing great. Seems Dyche was quite stubborn and ran the side his own way....abit like Brendan here

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The new Burnley manager playing players Jack Cork, Dwight McNeil and Vydra who had been mainly on the bench under Dyche.

And now they're been given game time and playing great. Seems Dyche was quite stubborn and ran the side his own way....abit like Brendan here

I don’t think mc Neil has suffered for lack of playing time but he’s been pretty useless whenever I’ve watched him this season . The change of manager  may have given him wings 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think if Leeds win one more game then Everton are gone. I can see Burnley picking up a few more wins now. Leeds are their biggest hope. 

Unfortunately, I think Leeds will get at least another win. Where it comes, I’m not sure, but they seem to be able to pull a result out when needed.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Anyone else think Leeds might be the ones to drop? 

Huge game for them tomorrow at Crystal Palace, not an easy place to go, but place have been por the last couple of weeks. 
Defeat for Leeds and then it’s Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea and they are in the shite. 
Looking at the run in, I’d prefer to be in Burnley’s shoes.

Leeds need to find 6 points from their remaining 6 games, I can’t see Everton getting 10 plus from their games.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Huge game for them tomorrow at Crystal Palace, not an easy place to go, but place have been por the last couple of weeks. 
Defeat for Leeds and then it’s Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea and they are in the shite. 
Looking at the run in, I’d prefer to be in Burnley’s shoes.

Leeds need to find 6 points from their remaining 6 games, I can’t see Everton getting 10 plus from their games.

Agreed, I think Burnley are safe now. 

Leeds or Everton for me and a voice in my head saying it will be Leeds who drop. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed, I think Burnley are safe now. 

Leeds or Everton for me and a voice in my head saying it will be Leeds who drop. 

Would love anyone one of those two to go!

Edited by coolhandfox

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Anyone else think Leeds might be the ones to drop? 

They're definitely more in this than people seem to mention them but I just have this feeling they'll be OK. Their run in isn't kind though.

The thing with Burnley is every time they look to finally get a string of results they fall back again. it was norwich last time so i’m wouldn’t be so sure they will beat watford. Its the only interesting battle left in the league ( i couldn’t care any less about which team wins it, both are scum) 

I also have a feeling lampard will go to chelsea and win 

Edited by Lambert09

No question with their brutal run-in Leeds are nothing like out of the woods yet.  Getting 3 from Palace is huge for them, and Jesse knows that - this is a big test for him.  Playing at home on two weeks rest  with much more at stake than CP, who are on mediocre form anyway - he should have them sky-high for this one.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

No question with their brutal run-in Leeds are nothing like out of the woods yet.  Getting 3 from Palace is huge for them, and Jesse knows that - this is a big test for him.  Playing at home on two weeks rest  with much more at stake than CP, who are on mediocre form anyway - he should have them sky-high for this one.

Its at Palace.

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool seem like the new Man Utd in terms of how referees treat them - no penalties against them in the last 46 PL games... 

have there been that many contentious calls ?? 

of course getting a pen at liverpool does involve an application form and interview ………

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool seem like the new Man Utd in terms of how referees treat them - no penalties against them in the last 46 PL games... 

Klopp played a smart long game here. Previous years he has been in officials faces relentlessly at Anfield,both during and after games. Paid off this year :)

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Man u went 5 and a half years without conceding a home penalty, under ferguson.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1