Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool seem like the new Man Utd in terms of how referees treat them - no penalties against them in the last 46 PL games... 

You watch, the next game liverpool is winning  by 3 or 4 a weak pk will be called against them to make this talking point go away.

35 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Man u went 5 and a half years without conceding a home penalty, under ferguson.

Wasn't that record broken when we got one at Old Trafford as Muzzy rolled it into an open net as Barthez was going through his gamesmanship routine by pretending to be cleaning his boots? 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wasn't that record broken when we got one at Old Trafford as Muzzy rolled it into an open net as Barthez was going through his gamesmanship routine by pretending to be cleaning his boots? 

That was then retaken though wasn't it..

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That was then retaken though wasn't it..

Yep, eventhough the ref had blown for it to be taken. Perfectly legal goal. The inevitable happened as the retake was missed. All decisions at Old Trafford during the Ferguson years had to favour ManU. It was the law. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool seem like the new Man Utd in terms of how referees treat them - no penalties against them in the last 46 PL games... 

Doesnt surprise me. They are whiny little arseholes who seem affronted by everything, including another team trying to shithouse them but if you are a great team you have to expect teams to try something different to beat you despite how ugly the opposition play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Everton are as good of an example as any for signing 'premier league experienced' players being a complete myth. 

it was all going so well at one point when Gray and Townsend was banging them in, how the mighty have fallen.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Yep, eventhough the ref had blown for it to be taken. Perfectly legal goal. The inevitable happened as the retake was missed. All decisions at Old Trafford during the Ferguson years had to favour ManU. It was the law. 

I believe it wasn't a legal goal because the laws say the goalkeeper must be on his line between the posts.  If he isn't, even though it's because he is taking the mick and wasting time, then the ref shouldn't signal for a penalty to be taken, and if he does signal, it still shouldn't count.  

16 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I think if Leeds win one more game then Everton are gone. I can see Burnley picking up a few more wins now. Leeds are their biggest hope. 

35 points I think is needed to stay in the premier league this season. 

To be honest even though I want Everton down, hope this goes down to the final day. Just so theres intense ending to the season.

Interestingly on last day Burnley are at home to Newcastle, while Everton travel to Arsenal. Last time a team went to Arsenal on the last day was Watford... the outcome.. Watford went down.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

To be honest even though I want Everton down, hope this goes down to the final day. Just so theres intense ending to the season.

I'm quite sure it'll go down to the final day. If all 3 teams (Burnley, Everton, Leeds) are involved even better. It depends on tonight's game Palace game. A Palace win and I don't think Leeds players will be capable to absorb the pressure even with Ted Lasso as a manager. 

23 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I believe it wasn't a legal goal because the laws say the goalkeeper must be on his line between the posts.  If he isn't, even though it's because he is taking the mick and wasting time, then the ref shouldn't signal for a penalty to be taken, and if he does signal, it still shouldn't count.  

He was on the line between the posts. Just standing inside the left hand upright. 

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Interestingly on last day Burnley are at home to Newcastle, while Everton travel to Arsenal. Last time a team went to Arsenal on the last day was Watford... the outcome.. Watford went down.

I mean, that's just a coincidence, but also Arsenal played Brighton at home on the last day last season.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

If they lose tonight then yes.

And hopefully they do drop.

Really ? Rather than Everton ? 

Leeds have done their time in the lower reaches , surely time for Everton’s preposterously entitled  fan base to get Luton and Blackpool programmed into their sat nav 

• Like 2

As much as I loathe Leeds, it would be perfect if Everton get relegated.

All the hype around them over the last few years and tgey have done absolutely  feck all since Graham Sharp and Andy Gray were banging them in over 20 years ago!!!!

They seem to think they are obe of the Big Boys but they are nothing.

Be great scenes if they were relegated! 

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Leeds have done their time in the lower reaches , surely time for Everton’s preposterously entitled  fan base to get Luton and Blackpool programmed into their sat nav 

Tosh.  Luton have a chance of being in the Premier League next season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Yes, really, awful fanbase.

Everton are getting desperate- they’ve officially complained about not getting a pen yesterday …..

did anyone think it was a cast iron pen?  I thought he couldn’t wait to go down …….

clearly trying to make sure they get the next one ……..  we are pretty good at giving away pens …..

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Everton are getting desperate- they’ve officially complained about not getting a pen yesterday …..

did anyone think it was a cast iron pen?  I thought he couldn’t wait to go down …….

clearly trying to make sure they get the next one ……..  we are pretty good at giving away pens …..

It should have been given as a penalty, however, it's not the most obvious penalty I've ever seen. They were more hard done by against Man City.