Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It should have been given as a penalty, however, it's not the most obvious penalty I've ever seen. They were more hard done by against Man City. 

it was a clear and obvs error - even carragher shut up! I don't know how the var let it go.

39 minutes ago, Raj said:

As much as I loathe Leeds, it would be perfect if Everton get relegated.

All the hype around them over the last few years and tgey have done absolutely  feck all since Graham Sharp and Andy Gray were banging them in over 20 years ago!!!!

They seem to think they are obe of the Big Boys but they are nothing.

Be great scenes if they were relegated! 

I too want to see them relegated.
However, some of their fans gave up tickets to leicester fans when we won the league - so I feel bad for them.  The truth is that they have not been good enough and made the wrong calls.

17 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Brentford are the ones I wanted to see go down. Too many London clubs and they are very meh. They've comfortably survived though, so fair play to them. 

Yeah hopefully Brentford go down next season.

Fulham up as well next season so yet another club from London.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Everton are getting desperate- they’ve officially complained about not getting a pen yesterday …..

did anyone think it was a cast iron pen?  I thought he couldn’t wait to go down …….

clearly trying to make sure they get the next one ……..  we are pretty good at giving away pens …..

personally yes. if it was at the other end it gets given and that’s what’s annoying. Twice as likely given with var. Evertons barely got checked 🤷‍♂️ didn’t even hold up the play just allowed the game to restart instantly 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

To be honest even though I want Everton down, hope this goes down to the final day. Just so theres intense ending to the season.

Interestingly on last day Burnley are at home to Newcastle, while Everton travel to Arsenal. Last time a team went to Arsenal on the last day was Watford... the outcome.. Watford went down.

Could depend on whether Arsenal have already secured 4th place by then and have nothing more to play for by being 4 points or more ahead of Spurs and West Ham which looks fairly do-able. Newcastle could be neck and neck with us or / and Wolves for 8th or 9th place by then and see that as something worth playing for but I'd still fancy Burnley to get at least a point if they need it. 

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

However, some of their fans gave up tickets to leicester fans when we won the league - so I feel bad for them.  The truth is that they have not been good enough and made the wrong calls.

My mate was in that end and he said some of them were also "cvnts" to the Leicester supporters.

Were moaning and whinging about the Leicester  fans being in there and trying to kick off with some of them when we scored the goals and throughout the celebrations.

So some of them might have been okay, some of them typical scouse shithousers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Everton are getting desperate- they’ve officially complained about not getting a pen yesterday …..

did anyone think it was a cast iron pen?  I thought he couldn’t wait to go down …….

clearly trying to make sure they get the next one ……..  we are pretty good at giving away pens …..

Were Everton that bad in their play acting ?

Might have had an affect in the decision making for one that looked like a penalty.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

oh no. Another personal apology to the Club and fat frank for VAR failings looks to be on the cards

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

Could depend on whether Arsenal have already secured 4th place by then and have nothing more to play for by being 4 points or more ahead of Spurs and West Ham which looks fairly do-able. Newcastle could be neck and neck with us or / and Wolves for 8th or 9th place by then and see that as something worth playing for but I'd still fancy Burnley to get at least a point if they need it. 

If Everton are relegated I think that would mean arsenal were the only team never to have been out of the top division in English football (I think) . That might be something worth claiming. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, surrifox said:

If Everton are relegated I think that would mean arsenal were the only team never to have been out of the top division in English football (I think) . That might be something worth claiming. 

Both have played in the second tier, although a long time ago.

Arsenal last in 1915 and Everton last in 1954.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Both have played in the second tier, although a long time ago.

Arsenal last in 1915 and Everton last in 1954.

Funny thing is when Arsenal were promoted all that time ago there was something of a fiddle as they did not finish in promotion places. Been in top division since so rather ironic .

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah hopefully Brentford go down next season.

Fulham up as well next season so yet another club from London.

I'd rather see arsenal or chelsea go down then brentford.  Unrealistic though!

Everton should have hired Duncan!

55 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Funny thing is when Arsenal were promoted all that time ago there was something of a fiddle as they did not finish in promotion places. Been in top division since so rather ironic .

I think it was  voted for back then like they used to do until recently for getting into the Football League, brown envelopes springs to mind

Full Story here - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11564691/how-arsenal-were-voted-into-the-top-flight-over-tottenham-in-1919

The rivalry between Arsenal and Tottenham is a fierce one but perhaps the most controversial moment came almost 100 seasons ago on March 10, 1919 when the Gunners were voted into the top flight ahead of Spurs. Here's the story of how it happened…

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Sold for a tidy profit.......which I'm not complaining about as one sold to me :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think it was  voted for back then like they used to do until recently for getting into the Football League, brown envelopes springs to mind

Full Story here - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11564691/how-arsenal-were-voted-into-the-top-flight-over-tottenham-in-1919

The rivalry between Arsenal and Tottenham is a fierce one but perhaps the most controversial moment came almost 100 seasons ago on March 10, 1919 when the Gunners were voted into the top flight ahead of Spurs. Here's the story of how it happened…

As well as Spurs I think Wolves and Barnsley finished above Arsenal. Obviously a bit dodgy. Perhaps they should demoted now! 

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

As well as Spurs I think Wolves and Barnsley finished above Arsenal. Obviously a bit dodgy. Perhaps they should demoted now! 

A Leicester player scored the first goal at the old Highbury. Tommy Benfield who sadly was killed in WW1 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Sold for a tidy profit.......which I'm not complaining about as one sold to me :D

One of my colleagues is an Everton STH and asked me where he should go for a safe drink pre-match. I advised the Counting House but he wasn't happy when I caught up with him a few days afterwards. Apparently, he was targeted for his ticket as soon as his scouse accent was evident and didn't want to sell in case of trouble resulting in the ticket being traced back to him. However, they wouldn't take no for an answer and he was persued all the way to the stadium only to find the away corner littered with King Power shirts (as he put it). Being a typical Scouser, he was probably happy as it gave him something to whinge about. :D