Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

15 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm quite enjoying the game actually

I just watched the replay and yes, it was a very entertaining game.  Two sides without much quality TBH, but well-drilled and tirelessly working.  And after watching us play it's really striking to see teams that are actually trying to make things happen - no, there wasn't much in the way of finishing but at least both sides were trying to be attacking rather than just dinking the ball around towards their own end.

Also, if Zaha had any end product at all he'd be world-class.  He has everything else - size, speed, technical skill, strength, work rate.  He just has nothing for the final ball.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I just watched the replay and yes, it was a very entertaining game.  Two sides without much quality TBH, but well-drilled and tirelessly working.  And after watching us play it's really striking to see teams that are actually trying to make things happen - no, there wasn't much in the way of finishing but at least both sides were trying to be attacking rather than just dinking the ball around towards their own end.

Also, if Zaha had any end product at all he'd be world-class.  He has everything else - size, speed, technical skill, strength, work rate.  He just has nothing for the final ball.

This is why Barnes needs to try hard and improve. 

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Much of Zaha's lack of end product is down to his greediness. I saw an interview recently where he said his main aim in a game is to shoot as much as possible, than your more likely to score. Surely you should be looking to maximise your team chance of scoring, not your own. There was moment last night where Meslier made a save and the ball came to Zaha right on the byline, he should have just stuck ball straight back in before the keeper got set again and the defence was still all over the place, instead he decides from the from standing on the byline the most effective thing would be to a step over, try and get past Ayling until he has something of a shooting angle and try and score. Obviously by this point Meslier has reset himself and makes a relatively easy save with his foot.

No wonder Palace strikers often have poor scoring records when this **** never passes to them.

• Like 2

Just read that Allan completed 1 successful pass against Liverpool and it was from the kick off. I'm no amazing football player but I reckon I could take the kick off pass to a team mate and do nothing else for 90 minutes and get paid over £100k for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, don_danbury said:

lol when were people saying this?

When mahrez was still with us. 

Sky sports did a poll of who's the best player outside the big six and zaha got about 75% ffs  

Mahrez was second with about 4% and it was JUST. Someone else gash like that long haired blonde fella from Everton almost had him 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

When mahrez was still with us. 

Sky sports did a poll of who's the best player outside the big six and zaha got about 75% ffs  

Mahrez was second with about 4% and it was JUST. Someone else gash like that long hard blonde fella from Everton almost had him 

i'd guess that was done when mahrez had a poor season after the title winning one. footy fans are too fickle

With regards to Zaha ,he's a sulky annoying git ,but he's a class player that would be an asset to most sides.

His price tag would be daft ,so it's a non runner but it would be wrong to say he wouldn't be useful to a club like ours.

Don't know what he's like as a person though and whether he'd be a popular player amongst our squad could be an issue.

I'd take him on a free or a straight swap for Perez 😜

3 hours ago, don_danbury said:

i'd guess that was done when mahrez had a poor season after the title winning one. footy fans are too fickle

No it was the season he was fully going to man city one way or another which made it even funnier. People were like oh they only got mahrez because zaha is too expensive with his 4 goals and 2 assists a season. 

• Haha 2

I get the Forest hate, but the idea of a derby in the PL should make Leicester fans excited IMHO.

Besides - how else do you get the joy of seeing them relegated from the top flight if they never get promoted to it?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I get the Forest hate, but the idea of a derby in the PL should make Leicester fans excited IMHO.

Besides - how else do you get the joy of seeing them relegated from the top flight if they never get promoted to it?

It's a derby we so rarely win though.  That's not exciting it's miserable particularly as we've been better than them for the vast majority of the last 30 yrs. You're basically adding the city ground to Anfield and the Emirates as a place we're guaranteed to get 0 points from. Keep those horrible b@stards away from us.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No thanks, well not yet anyway. For all the grief we get, I want forest and derby to wallow in the championship or league one reminiscing of past glories.

The dream is for them to become so irrelevant to us that we end up loaning our players to them (in effect our B teams) so their precious Brian Clough trophy is competed by mostly Leicester City players.

• Haha 1