Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Even though kane was planning to leave pre summer anyway, I still think there was side of him that probably didnt wanna force a move through. However the appointment of nuno has not helped things, to appoint a manager that was considered no longer good enough for wolves just shows where the ambition lies at Tottenham. 

Enjoying the talk from the spurs fans tbh. "he's ruining his legacy"... What legacy ffs. If he stays at spurs, he'll be the best striker, maybe the best player, to never win a decent cup. And that won't be down to Kane, but the absolute dross that surrounds him. I'd want out too. 

• Like 4

30 goals a season for 7 straight years. Man has been carrying Tottenhams attack for years and Levy has failed to give him adequate talent around him. I'm also of the belief Poch would have continued Spurs upward trajectory had Levy backed him significantly when the teams cycle was coming to an end and needed fresh blood. Some of Kane's talent should be winning trophies. He is bigger than Tottenham. I hope he gets his move tbh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

He is paid a ****ing fortune - millions - to do a very easy job in training. The millions and millions of impoverished kids that must look up to him, and I'm talking the penniless...the type Rashford is busting his balls to feed, will see a bloke who can't be arsed to go to work for more a week than they'll see in their life. 

Not turning up, ESPECIALLY as a footballer, to further ones own interests at the denigration of the collective is scummy behaviour. It's the actions of a piece of shit. 

What a weird take. 

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

30 goals a season for 7 straight years. Man has been carrying Tottenhams attack for years and Levy has failed to give him adequate talent around him. I'm also of the belief Poch would have continued Spurs upward trajectory had Levy backed him significantly when the teams cycle was coming to an end and needed fresh blood. Some of Kane's talent should be winning trophies. He is bigger than Tottenham. I hope he gets his move tbh. 

Plus, I'm sure he look far more likeable not wearing that Spuds kit!! 😂

IF Levy has broken this gentleman’s agreement then he’s made his bed and should lie in it. You wheel and deal and these are the situations you end up in. Not 100% professional from the captain of the national team but I also empathise with him, he’s made his intentions clear that he wants to go - and if he needs to make a show of Levy to force his hand then fair ****s to him. Kane is likely to get a big fine for going AWOL anyway, rightly, as he is under contract, so he’s clearly not arsed anymore. You can’t say Kane hasn’t got any ambition. 

• Like 1

I'm no big fan of kane, but for spurs fan to call him disloyal is a joke. Kane has been very loyal to spurs he should have gone years ago but stuck around. He made quiet clear in a nice way at the end of season he felt it was time to move on. If there going to blame anyone levy hes shown the lack of ambition and greed. 

If Jamie vardy turned round tomorrow and said this was he final season at Leicester. I'd be sad but respect his decision hes done more than enough for this club.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

He ain’t no Senior Man though. 

Exactly!

He's the type of player I hope we don't see here. A top star, approaching the downward element of his career, but commanding stratospheric wages. Leave it to the likes of Man U or PSG to buy this type of player.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, StriderHiryu said:

The Kane situation makes our signing of Daka look even better than it already is. Because if he was still available then Spurs could have sold Kane and brought him in to have a potential 20 goal a season striker and still have 120m in the bank.

Rudkin is so, so good as DOF. Used sales of Maguire, Chilwell, Mahrez, etc to maximum effect. Whenever you are feeling down about Leicester City FC, you just need to pinch yourself and realise how good we've got it. Unbelievable club at the moment. 

It's not just rudkin, but we're a very well run club with a clear strategy. It's also incredibly sustainable. Happy days.

The only way PSG go for Kane is if they decide to try and Claw a good fee for Mbappe before he walks away for nothing next summer. Real want him and getting him for free next summer will be the plan, I hope he sees it out as PSG are a disgrace when it comes to getting players worth a lot on a free.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's not just rudkin, but we're a very well run club with a clear strategy. It's also incredibly sustainable. Happy days.

It's crazy how sustainable we are.

- Tielemans goes? Soumare and KDH can step in. Might not be as good but we'd cope.

- Rodgers goes? Get the next up and coming coach or coach with a good youth development record. Hassenhutl would probably do well here for example, even if he's not quite as good.

- Vardy falls apart physically? Daka already in.

- Maddison goes? Will get crazy money, could play Praet / Perez short term and replace later with stacks to spare.

- Etc, etc.

There will be ups and downs. I think over the next 10 years we could bounce anywhere between 2nd and 10th. But barring a massive change like Top having to sell up, I think the model will continue to work. 

Incredibly Leicester City Football Club is probably the *least* stressful thing I have to worry about in my life lol. Might always want us to do better, but really it's pretty damn awesome. 

• Like 3

Massive difference between how Grealish moves to City and how Kane will get to City. Grealish has kept quile and seemed not bothered if he gets the move, while Kane has done the opposite. Kane is the Captain of England and should have set a better example, acouple of months ago he was interviewed playing golf with a skysports presenter some guy called Neville who stitched him, Kane  apparently telling him Man City was his preferred (final) destination. Really dumb of him when he's got such a long contract with spurs 

• Like 1