Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Still 3 matches to play and Bournemouth are 3 ahead. A lot can happen yet. 

This is true, but, having followed the situation unfolding around these parts, quite closely all season, you can feel the momentum building.

Something is happening down at the City Ground, along the lines of what happened to us under O'Neil and Pearson. You can feel it in the air.

As much as it grinds my gears to admit it, they'll get automatic.

As ugly as he is, Cooper is a very good manager. Lets hope the wheels come off in spectacular fashion, but I just can't see it, this time.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This is true, but, having followed the situation unfolding around these parts, quite closely all season, you can feel the momentum building.

Something is happening down at the City Ground, along the lines of what happened to us under O'Neil and Pearson. You can feel it in the air.

As ugly as he is, Cooper is a very good manager. Lets hope the wheels come off in spectacular fashion, but I just can't see it, this time.

As much as we dislike them, they were in the bottom 3 when he took over and now they could potentially be promoted automatically. Can't disagree with the good job he's done. And as you say, they're currently the form team and have momentum. Unfortunately. 

It’ll be hilarious to see them bottle coming up after hearing how they’re the next best thing since sliced bread. But it will also be nice to play them again. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Each to his own, but I’m not one of those fans who will get an erection from the prospect of playing Forest twice a season in the way that Derby fans would. I’d rather Forest be nowhere near the Premier League.

There is much discussion about ‘rivalry’ and what it really means and much of it is subjective. From a completely practical point of view Forest ARE our rivals. Especially if they end up in the PL.

I’d much rather Leicester City remain unchallenged in the  surrounding area and for our academy to hoover up all the best local talent. Forest are years behind us currently, but a continued presence in the PL could start to close that gap. 

From purely a fan perspective, it would be great to have Forest back up. Much more entertaining matches than going to Bournemouth and playing them at home. However, I would equally appreciate Luton/Huddersfield/Sheffield Utd up here. I guess the lack of any local (ish) games in this league are a bit frustrating. Wolves, Villa and Leeds being the only "local" matches.

From an academy, investment type perspective, then yes, having Forest up here will probably push us aside a bit.

13 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

With regards to Zaha ,he's a sulky annoying git ,but he's a class player that would be an asset to most sides.

His price tag would be daft ,so it's a non runner but it would be wrong to say he wouldn't be useful to a club like ours.

Don't know what he's like as a person though and whether he'd be a popular player amongst our squad could be an issue.

I'd take him on a free or a straight swap for Perez 😜

Lol... Better employ some Russian "tourists" to spike Palace's Chairmans tea with LSD then!

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I get the Forest hate, but the idea of a derby in the PL should make Leicester fans excited IMHO.

Besides - how else do you get the joy of seeing them relegated from the top flight if they never get promoted to it?

Them bottling another promotion charge and probably their most impressive one to be condemn to another season of purgatory when their best youth players will get robbed is far more satisfying than them coming up. Plus I'm thinking of the league, we can't lose a prestigious club like Everton to one managed by a sex offender 

28 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I felt that on 'that day' in February. You can just tell when there's something special happening at a club. I've resigned myself to them coming up whether it be automatic or via the play-offs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

From purely a fan perspective, it would be great to have Forest back up. Much more entertaining matches than going to Bournemouth and playing them at home. However, I would equally appreciate Luton/Huddersfield/Sheffield Utd up here. I guess the lack of any local (ish) games in this league are a bit frustrating. Wolves, Villa and Leeds being the only "local" matches.

From an academy, investment type perspective, then yes, having Forest up here will probably push us aside a bit.

My perspective on that is always: why?? 

I go to watch Leicester, not the opposition, and I don’t really care who we’re playing. 

Only my own personal view and I do realise that to some it’s more emotional and important to beat certain teams 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I go to watch Leicester, not the opposition, and I don’t really care who we’re playing. 

Only my own personal view and I do realise that to some it’s more emotional and important to beat certain teams 

In theory yes, I agree. Unfortunately, not everyone is of the same view. For example, tomorrow's game will be in front of a crowd up for it and making noise, whereas Brentford at home or insert average game is flat.

Also, for those of us who travel away regularly, especially now everything is more expensive (petrol etc.), having games that are 40 miles away rather than 140 miles away are preferable.

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

There are headlines about Liverpool having to play two games in the final week of the season.

I think this means they have a rearranged fixture taking place in midweek between two games at weekends.

There's literally no other time to play them.

They have Villa on 10th.

Then the FA Cup final on 14th

Southampton on the 17th (the rearranged game). 

Final game on 22nd.

I don't see what the issue is. 

No doubt Liverpool fans and Klopp especially will be getting their voices warmed up to have a go at anyone and everyone about it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

There are headlines about Liverpool having to play two games in the final week of the season.

I think this means they have a rearranged fixture taking place in midweek between two games at weekends.

Its ridiculous moaning isnt it? If you get to the cup final you expect your league match to be moved to the last available midweek. Nowhere else to arrange it anyway.

If Bournemouth win Tuesday, Huddersfield have a real chance to pip NFFC for the automatic.  Huddersfield host Bristol City on the final day. 

Big Nige v keeping Forest down … FT obsessions in conflict.

Surely the Great Man can play the ressies and sacrifice one match for the greater good?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Spock! Spock? Is that really you? 

Objectively Forest would be good for us and the Premier League. However, they’ve made cocking it up including the premature printing of shirts, giving it the Bertie Big B@llocks that it would be hilarious for them to do it one more time and with their best chance in over 20 years. Come on Bournemouth!