Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

If Bournemouth win Tuesday, Huddersfield have a real chance to pip NFFC for the automatic.  Huddersfield host Bristol City on the final day. 

Big Nige v keeping Forest down … FT obsessions in conflict.

Surely the Great Man can play the ressies and sacrifice one match for the greater good?

I don't get this.  If Bournemouth win on  Tuesday,  they will be 6 clear of Huddersfield with vastly superior goal difference.  Huddersfield have two to play.

18 minutes ago, majaco said:

I don't get this.  If Bournemouth win on  Tuesday,  they will be 6 clear of Huddersfield with vastly superior goal difference.  Huddersfield have two to play.

Umm … It’s all about the playoff seeds?!

(Actually — obviously  — I blanked Fulham already coming up.  Good catch.)

8 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

My perspective on that is always: why?? 

I go to watch Leicester, not the opposition, and I don’t really care who we’re playing. 

Only my own personal view and I do realise that to some it’s more emotional and important to beat certain teams 

I actually think they’re a mid table PL side in the making. If they could teleport themselves into this league, based on the performances I’ve seen this season 

Horrendous prospect I know, but 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

10 hours ago, KingsX said:

Umm … It’s all about the playoff seeds?!

(Actually — obviously  — I blanked Fulham already coming up.  Good catch.)

I quite fancy huddersfield to do. In form, while Bournemouth seem faltering right at the wrong. Wouldnt fancy Bournemouth in the play offs either.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Forest will go straight back down

Personally hope they come up and stay up, despite growing up as a Leicester fan living in Nottingham for much of my childhood… 

Will be nice to have some local rivalry in the Prem. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Personally hope they come up and stay up, despite growing up as a Leicester fan living in Nottingham for much of my childhood… 

Will be nice to have some local rivalry in the Prem. 

It will be nice having local teams to play, but they just aren't good enough to stay up I don't think. Yeah they'll invest but they'll need more than a couple of players imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Asha said:

A lot of people are obviously blinded by innate dislike for Forest. I feel that.

If you're objective about it though, their transformation under Cooper has been nothing short of miraculous - from bottom of the league to fighting for autos. They're genuinely one of the most frightening teams the Championship has ever seen, and as I said before I'm worried there's a really good chance they finish above us next season.

I'd swap Rodgers for Cooper in an instant. 

They're having a decent season but... wow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

They're having a decent season but... wow.

And not like he bottled the playoffs last year is it?

28 minutes ago, Asha said:

The way people talk about Liverpool is really nauseating. 

Non-stop talk of a quadruple despite being in a marginally worse position than Man City in the league.

The media would love it though. Those rheumy-eyed coffin dodgers Thompson, Hansen, and Souness all dribbling 'European nights at Anfield' for the last 20 years are going to be enthused over this. 

1 minute ago, gerrytaggart said:

I dont know about any of that...

But what I do know is that Steve Cooper looks like he's eaten a bag of magic mushrooms and then started on the bongs.

You're not wrong. But if we chose managers based on looks then Paulo Sousa would still be in charge.

1 hour ago, Asha said:

A lot of people are obviously blinded by innate dislike for Forest. I feel that.

If you're objective about it though, their transformation under Cooper has been nothing short of miraculous - from bottom of the league to fighting for autos. They're genuinely one of the most frightening teams the Championship has ever seen, and as I said before I'm worried there's a really good chance they finish above us next season.

They've dropped points 21 times this season. The same amount of times that we have.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Well they’ve already won the league cup !

but yes, the hope would be that’s all they win …..

I'm more concerned that Man City could win the big two. In terms of spending power they've been in a super league of their own. Unlikely to happen any-year soon, but I'd prefer to see ManUre or the Arse win the Champs league than M City.

Objectively the Forest turnaround has been very good. To go from where they were at the start of the season to where they are now, they definitely have momentum. They'll also be desperate for the top two because that playoff bracket looks really, really tough.

However it's already getting insufferable seeing the "Wouldn't it be great to have them back in the Premier League?" This from people of a certain age who in their old memories still think of Forest as actually relevant. A team that's been in the PL for five seasons out of 30. There are people who could have got a masters degree or started raising several children in the time since they were last in the Premier League and languishing at the bottom.

I'd wager a fair amount of younger fans who don't have any bias like us wouldn't give a scooby about Forest and whether they "belong" in the PL or not. The only good thing about them back would be the commute to the away game, but even then we all know it'll be 12:30 on a Saturday or 4:30 on a Sunday for TV.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Objectively the Forest turnaround has been very good. To go from where they were at the start of the season to where they are now, they definitely have momentum. They'll also be desperate for the top two because that playoff bracket looks really, really tough.

However it's already getting insufferable seeing the "Wouldn't it be great to have them back in the Premier League?" This from people of a certain age who in their old memories still think of Forest as actually relevant. A team that's been in the PL for five seasons out of 30. There are people who could have got a masters degree or started raising several children in the time since they were last in the Premier League and languishing at the bottom.

I'd wager a fair amount of younger fans who don't have any bias like us wouldn't give a scooby about Forest and whether they "belong" in the PL or not. The only good thing about them back would be the commute to the away game, but even then we all know it'll be 12:30 on a Saturday or 4:30 on a Sunday for TV.

And judging by our away ends at forest it'll be crap anyway.  Don't see any advantage of them getting promoted.  Hopefully Bournemouth will sneak 2nd and forest fail in the play offs.

2 hours ago, Asha said:

Is this satire? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Asha said:

Surely we would go for Marco Silva as he has Fulham first and already promoted? It that’s the way this ‘I can only see what’s right in front of me’ game is played of course.