Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Premier League is quaking its boots at a strike force of Keinan Davis and Sam Sturridge 

I mean, we're an established Premier League team and we explosively shít ourselves under a little bit of pressure from Forest and were 3-0 down before we knew what had happened. 

Just now, Asha said:

I mean, we're an established Premier League team and we explosively shít ourselves under a little bit of pressure from Forest and were 3-0 down before we knew what had happened. 

So your entire judgement is based on that one game? 

Just now, Asha said:

Aye, an established Premier League team cacked themselves at the sight of Mark De Vries and Elvis Hammond leading a three goal comeback. 

One-offs happen. 

If they go up, we've seen it before the week to week nature of playing at PL pace is far harder than the 3 games a week, rump-a-duck nature of the Championship. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is this satire? 

lol There's a danger people will start thinking I genuinely spend my free time sitting pensively by the river, in the shadows of the Trent End, breathing in the legendary footballing pedigree.

In all seriousness though, if this was anyone but Forest who had spanked us in the cup and were on an unstoppable run to promotion, people would be absolutely raving about them. Rivals or not, it's good to give credit where it's due. Just as it was fvcking stupid for Forest fans to do anything but bow and applaud as we lifted the Premier League trophy, it's stupid to say Forest are shít when they're as good as they are. 

1 minute ago, Asha said:

lol There's a danger people will start thinking I genuinely spend my free time sitting pensively by the river, in the shadows of the Trent End, breathing in the legendary footballing pedigree.

In all seriousness though, if this was anyone but Forest who had spanked us in the cup and were on an unstoppable run to promotion, people would be absolutely raving about them. Rivals or not, it's good to give credit where it's due. Just as it was fvcking stupid for Forest fans to do anything but bow and applaud as we lifted the Premier League trophy, it's stupid to say Forest are shít when they're as good as they are. 

Look they’ve had a decent run, but they’ve not been in the top 2 yet this season, and are still 3 points behind 2nd place - it’s hardly an unstoppable run to promotion.

If Bournemouth avoid defeat at home to Forest, then it’s there’s to throw away. 
Forest are doing okay, but, there what players won’t be there next season and they’ll have to spend a bucket load to stay up if they go up.

I can’t see it myself, Billy Sharpe with a last minute winner at Wembley to send them back home 😢 

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Look they’ve had a decent run, but they’ve not been in the top 2 yet this season, and are still 3 points behind 2nd place - it’s hardly an unstoppable run to promotion.

If Bournemouth avoid defeat at home to Forest, then it’s there’s to throw away. 
Forest are doing okay, but, there what players won’t be there next season and they’ll have to spend a bucket load to stay up if they go up.

I can’t see it myself, Billy Sharpe with a last minute winner at Wembley to send them back home 😢 

Fingers crossed, man. If they don't shove Bournemouth aside, they'll be in the lottery just like the other three.

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Aye, an established Premier League team cacked themselves at the sight of Mark De Vries and Elvis Hammond leading a three goal comeback. 

One-offs happen. 

If they go up, we've seen it before the week to week nature of playing at PL pace is far harder than the 3 games a week, rump-a-duck nature of the Championship. 

Fair point, but then Brentford are doing all right aren't they. 

Brighton, Wolves, etc came up several years ago and have always been comfortable.  

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely we would go for Marco Silva as he has Fulham first and already promoted? It that’s the way this ‘I can only see what’s right in front of me’ game is played of course.

I think Fulham has a lot more quality than Forest, for what it's worth. Both are good managers, imo - not sure I'd take either over Rodgers right now though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -sodapop said:

I think Fulham has a lot more quality than Forest, for what it's worth. Both are good managers, imo - not sure I'd take either over Rodgers right now though.

Silva has already been relegated from the Premier League with Hull too. And hardly set the world alight at Everton or Watford either. 

Cooper is an unknown quantity in the Premier League but could hardly be any worse. 

58 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I'm more concerned that Man City could win the big two. In terms of spending power they've been in a super league of their own. Unlikely to happen any-year soon, but I'd prefer to see ManUre or the Arse win the Champs league than M City.

That’s doesn’t bother me 

Man City are spending whatever they want to, irrespective of what they win. Infact the only time that the authorities may grow beg enough balls to challenge them is if they begin to win everything 

Arsenal or spurs challenging in the CL is not good for our ambitions 

liverpool winning makes not much difference on a sporting level to us but to see and hear their fans even more insufferable than they already are would be awful ……

2 minutes ago, Asha said:

Fair point, but then Brentford are doing all right aren't they. 

Brighton, Wolves, etc came up several years ago and have always been comfortable.  

Yeah - 'alright'. Not frightening though.

Due to Forest's use of loan players, they would have a lot of work to do in the summer if they get promoted. I can see Spence going to the highest bidder for example. Garner will be used by Man U I think. Both strikers on loan. Not a lot of depth beyond their first 11. Colbeck is playing left-wing back now and he wasn't PL level last time. 

Brighton have struggled and definitely not been comfortable - they've had scares. Wolves were one of the best teams to get promoted from the Championship, no doubt, 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah - 'alright'. Not frightening though.

Due to Forest's use of loan players, they would have a lot of work to do in the summer if they get promoted. I can see Spence going to the highest bidder for example. Garner will be used by Man U I think. Both strikers on loan. Not a lot of depth beyond their first 11. Colbeck is playing left-wing back now and he wasn't PL level last time. 

Brighton have struggled and definitely not been comfortable - they've had scares. Wolves were one of the best teams to get promoted from the Championship, no doubt, 

Think you're underestimating a little the draw of guaranteed Premier League football. Reckon the likes of Djed Spence would stay a season knowing he'd be picked every week rather than go to the highest bidder and play a season with their u23s. 

If they don't go up, you're right that they'd basically have a complete new XI next season which would be devastating (good). 

7 minutes ago, Asha said:

Think you're underestimating a little the draw of guaranteed Premier League football. Reckon the likes of Djed Spence would stay a season knowing he'd be picked every week rather than go to the highest bidder and play a season with their u23s. 

If they don't go up, you're right that they'd basically have a complete new XI next season which would be devastating (good). 

Doesn't matter what Spence thinks, it's what Middlesbrough think and they need the lolly. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Asha said:

this was anyone but Forest who had spanked us in the cup and were on an unstoppable run to promotion, people would be absolutely raving about them

They're on 76 points and have scored 67 goals. They're third in the league. Fulham have 11 more points, 30 odd more goals and a top scorer who's managed 41 in 42 games. 

And nobody gives a shit about them. 

We've seen Wolves come up with 99pts and a +43 goal difference and a team full of Portuguese internationals bought by a super agent. 

Fulham have come up before with over a hundred points and about sixty odd goal difference. 

We racked up 102 points and about a +40 GD with future hall of famers Vardy, Kasper and Riyad in the team. 

Newcastle went over 100+ with Andy Carroll doing a star turn. 

And Reading set records that might never be beaten with the Doyle / Long double act tearing it up. 

And that's all without joining in the rimjob given to Leeds and Bielsa, and your pick for scariest Championship team of all time is Forest, largely because they mugged us off in a shocking collapse the like of which we've done many times before under Rodgers? 

OK pal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

They're on 76 points and have scored 67 goals. They're third in the league. Fulham have 11 more points, 30 odd more goals and a top scorer who's managed 41 in 42 games. 

And nobody gives a shit about them. 

We've seen Wolves come up with 99pts and a +43 goal difference and a team full of Portuguese internationals bought by a super agent. 

Fulham have come up before with over a hundred points and about sixty odd goal difference. 

We racked up 102 points and about a +40 GD with future hall of famers Vardy, Kasper and Riyad in the team. 

Newcastle went over 100+ with Andy Carroll doing a star turn. 

And Reading set records that might never be beaten with the Doyle / Long double act tearing it up. 

And that's all without joining in the rimjob given to Leeds and Bielsa, and your pick for scariest Championship team of all time is Forest, largely because they mugged us off in a shocking collapse the like of which we've done many times before under Rodgers? 

OK pal. 

But look at the start of the season they had. If you look purely at the time since Cooper joined, it's a completely different story. 

And key thing, that you're missing here, I wrote 'one of the most' not 'the most'. Big difference there. I didn't say they were better than our Championship winning team. 

Edited by Asha

But our Championship winning team, in the grand scheme of things, was really not all that long ago and even just in the time since, Bournemouth were really impressive racking up nearly 100 goals playing some great football, Newcastle absolutely walked it looking really composed and like a natural top flight team out of place, Wolves were - if we're honest with ourselves - maybe even better than us, even if they didn't quite hit the numbers. 

Norwich were excellent, absolute force and Leeds were a joy to watch and we all know the praise was justified in our heart of hearts. 

🤷

Sorry but this isn't "if it wasn't Forest you'd all admit it!" it's "if it wasn't Forest, you'd not be trying to wind everyone up with it."

Theyre in good form and they're having a good run under a manager that knows the Championship pretty well. They shouldn't really have ever been in a relegation slog and he's turned them around. But it's nothing more than that, you're just having fun being a little controversial for the banter. 

44 minutes ago, Asha said:

Silva has already been relegated from the Premier League with Hull too. And hardly set the world alight at Everton or Watford either. 

Cooper is an unknown quantity in the Premier League but could hardly be any worse. 

He was doing well at Watford until Everton came sniffing and then basically spent the rest of the season trying to get sacked. 

Nobody works at Everton. 

He's a good manager 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But our Championship winning team, in the grand scheme of things, was really not all that long ago and even just in the time since, Bournemouth were really impressive racking up nearly 100 goals playing some great football, Newcastle absolutely walked it looking really composed and like a natural top flight team out of place, Wolves were - if we're honest with ourselves - maybe even better than us, even if they didn't quite hit the numbers. 

Norwich were excellent, absolute force and Leeds were a joy to watch and we all know the praise was justified in our heart of hearts. 

🤷

Sorry but this isn't "if it wasn't Forest you'd all admit it!" it's "if it wasn't Forest, you'd not be trying to wind everyone up with it."

Theyre in good form and they're having a good run under a manager that knows the Championship pretty well. They shouldn't really have ever been in a relegation slog and he's turned them around. But it's nothing more than that, you're just having fun being a little controversial for the banter. 

I think you are being a little unfair, it is quite a remarkable turnaround, Forest was bottom with 1 win from 8 games and I know it’s all “if’s & But’s”

in the 35 league games since cooper’s appointment Forest would be top by a point and with a game In hand on Fulham 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

I think you are being a little unfair, it is quite a remarkable turnaround, Forest was bottom with 1 win from 8 games and I know it’s all “if’s & But’s”

in the 35 league games since cooper’s appointment Forest would be top by a point and with a game In hand on Fulham 

I'm not saying they're shit 🤷

I just think it's wild hyperbole (clearly designed to get a reaction out of Leicester fans) to come on here and make out they're one of the greatest teams to play in the second tier and they're going to come straight up and rock the Prem. 

All of the teams I just listed were exceptional, dominated the league, looked imperious in topping the table and played really good football doing it. 

And only really Wolves came up and had a significant impact straight away and, maybe honest, that's hardly surprising given the calibre of player they were recruiting. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not saying they're shit 🤷

I just think it's wild hyperbole (clearly designed to get a reaction out of Leicester fans) to come on here and make out they're one of the greatest teams to play in the second tier and they're going to come straight up and rock the Prem. 

All of the teams I just listed were exceptional, dominated the league, looked imperious in topping the table and played really good football doing it. 

And only really Wolves came up and had a significant impact straight away and, maybe honest, that's hardly surprising given the calibre of player they were recruiting. 

They didn't even really look that good while brushing us aside. It was more a case of us being that pathetic on the day that we roundly shat our pants every time their wingers came forward and overlapped for a basic overload - the same thing we've seen in the Prem in recent years from stalwarts such as, uh... Sheffield United and Leeds.

We deserved everything we got that day, in the same way we did against Newport under Puel. If we'd had even an ounce of backbone or composure about us, we could have done them on the counter time and time again, as Kelechi's goal showed. Their tactics are remarkably basic and - assuming they stuck to them - they'd probably follow exactly the same trajectory as the two teams mentioned previously did - one good season where they "surprise a few" with their "positive football", then get found out and turn to shite.

Knowing how basic their tactics actually are, and that it was our players' attitude, mentality and application that saw us embarrassed, is why I'm still seething about that result, and why I really, really would rather have another year minimum before I have to watch us play them again. Even if we did smash them in the league next year, it would probably just frustrate me more thinking back to our capitulation. It wouldn't make it better. We'd probably look like a tinpot joke gloating about it after the way we composed ourselves both on and off the pitch this season.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2