Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

52 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Massive difference between how Grealish moves to City and how Kane will get to City. Grealish has kept quile and seemed not bothered if he gets the move, while Kane has done the opposite. Kane is the Captain of England and should have set a better example, acouple of months ago he was interviewed playing golf with a skysports presenter some guy called Neville who stitched him, Kane  apparently telling him Man City was his preferred (final) destination. Really dumb of him when he's got such a long contract with spurs 

Difference is Grealish plays for a club he supports so he cant really lose on any deal, while kane despite chants of hes one of our... hes actually arsenal fan. So he couldn't really give a damn about spurs, however saying that hes always been respectful towards them and dragged them at times in some games. Just a time where kane has said enough.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Difference is Grealish plays for a club he supports so he cant really lose on any deal, while kane despite chants of hes one of our... hes actually arsenal fan. So he couldn't really give a damn about spurs, however saying that hes always been respectful towards them and dragged them at times in some games. Just a time where kane has said enough.

Grealish is a man utd fan.

Read news reports  over the weekend that because Man city will spend 100m on Grealish then they won't have the Cash to buy Kane, and Kane being abit selfish probably thought he can get to Man city first. He knows that Man city need a striker more than they need Grealish.... Just thought maybe.....so many angles to the Kane Saga

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Saw that a 'Boro legend had retired.

I guess I should have guessed it was Downing lol

His career ended on a bit of a downer. A lots of potential but I dont think he could ever get to level he could have got to. Last three or four seasons he cant say have been that special.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I doubt Kane couldn't care about Spurs, even if he was an Arsenal fan growing up. Many a player has changed club/grown closer to a particular club in their career (look at Birch!).

Grealish sitution is difficult as he can leave and win everything or stay at the club he loves. Lots of players have done the latter and ended up not winning much/anything. Depends which way you look at it though as playing for the club you love could outweigh winning things at another club.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Kane situation makes our signing of Daka look even better than it already is. Because if he was still available then Spurs could have sold Kane and brought him in to have a potential 20 goal a season striker and still have 120m in the bank.

Rudkin is so, so good as DOF. Used sales of Maguire, Chilwell, Mahrez, etc to maximum effect. Whenever you are feeling down about Leicester City FC, you just need to pinch yourself and realise how good we've got it. Unbelievable club at the moment. 

It helps to have a recruitment team that clearly Rudkin and the board have genuine faith in. The priority targets the last two summers have clearly been identified well in advance so as soon as the summer starts Rudkin has the freedom to just go straight out and strike a deal. 

One look at Fofana and then Soumare has confirmed whoever is making these calls has a genuine eye for talent. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2021 at 11:19, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's terrible but I'm pissing myself about grealish. Have mates who are villa fans tell me about how rich their owners are and how they're not a selling club. It's probably beneficial to us, they're less of a threat to us without grealish and we're never catching city.

Don t underrate A.Villa...Without Grealish towards EOS seen Villa Play some neat football & got some decent results

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Don t underrate A.Villa...Without Grealish towards EOS seen Villa Play some neat football & got some decent results

They were awful without him. Relegation form.

Hopefully both Kane and greilish go can’t see us realistically catching Man City this season. At least then villa and Spurs lose a big player each that will be very hard to replace with anyone close to the quality they are. Also be funny to watch Spurs go completely to s***

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

That was only when Grealish returned. Prior to that they were every bit as shit as we were without Barnes.

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It helps to have a recruitment team that clearly Rudkin and the board have genuine faith in. The priority targets the last two summers have clearly been identified well in advance so as soon as the summer starts Rudkin has the freedom to just go straight out and strike a deal. 

One look at Fofana and then Soumare has confirmed whoever is making these calls has a genuine eye for talent. 

I'd love to know who (or whom?) that is. As you say, they have a real talent. Compare Ben White to Wesley Fofana. Or Tanguy Ndombele to Soumare. We've signed better players for half the price, if not better than that!

I wish I could run my own business with that level of shrewdness lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's crazy how sustainable we are.

- Tielemans goes? Soumare and KDH can step in. Might not be as good but we'd cope.

- Rodgers goes? Get the next up and coming coach or coach with a good youth development record. Hassenhutl would probably do well here for example, even if he's not quite as good.

- Vardy falls apart physically? Daka already in.

- Maddison goes? Will get crazy money, could play Praet / Perez short term and replace later with stacks to spare.

- Etc, etc.

There will be ups and downs. I think over the next 10 years we could bounce anywhere between 2nd and 10th. But barring a massive change like Top having to sell up, I think the model will continue to work. 

Incredibly Leicester City Football Club is probably the *least* stressful thing I have to worry about in my life lol. Might always want us to do better, but really it's pretty damn awesome. 

This..!! It is the balanced Way of thinking...

No Stress knowing we will see some decent to Great seasons, andd Not get frustrated, Chasing some "entitled". ambition.Which means this era spread over

Another 10-15 yrs...gives us a potential, 'Not should' era of Collecting some decent Silverware...

.Consistent higher PL places will See us competing in the end-run-ins across All competitions...

Though I wont see it all...it will be a successful Group of seasons and Period ,

where Leicesters History & Tradition  can climb to a more consistent higher Level...

Like you mentioned 'competing' for 2nd(1st..) to 10th..

Not struggling to hold & fighting between 20th-12th placings.

We have to appreciate, how we have grown, where es are, but Knowledge still in the new building phase...and will remain ,like Spurs past...a top 4 Chasing club..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd love to know who (or whom?) that is. As you say, they have a real talent. Compare Ben White to Wesley Fofana. Or Tanguy Ndombele to Soumare. We've signed better players for half the price, if not better than that!

I wish I could run my own business with that level of shrewdness lol

I assume its multiple persons tbh. 

As fans, and actually even in the media, we get preoccupied with individuals when it comes to transfers. 

You always hear Jurgen Klopp wants to sign so and so, or Guardiola being held responsible for X transfer. Even at Leicester, we always credit/blame individuals like Walsh, Macia, Congerton, Rudkin, etc. 

I'm pretty confident that identifying need, specifying targets, negotiating fees and finalising contracts are all team efforts at every stage. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Musa for £20m, Slimani for £30m, Perez for £30m, Ghezzal £12m, Silva for £22m and the 14 second fiasco, Iborra £14m

Our transfer are generally amazing, but I think a lot of our duds are swept under the carpet. 

Yeah this is a leicester forum we don’t mention the ones that went wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Should we maybe wait until Daka or Soumare have played a proper game for us before proclaiming them brilliant signings?

Can't say I'm ready to reach that conclusion after 3 friendlies against lower league clubs, none of which we've won.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They were awful without him. Relegation form.

My bad..so Good result wise they weren't...but still IMO played some Good Football 

without Jackie-boy

Games: 17
Wins: 4
Draws: 4
Defeats: 9

Points per game: 0.94
Win rate: 23.5%

Goals: 18
Goals per game: 1.06
Goals against: 26
Goals against per game: 1.53

With Covid-crash-hero

Games: 25
Wins: 14
Draws: 3
Defeats: 8

Points per game: 1.8
Win rate: 56%

Goals: 43
Goals per game: 1.72
Goals against: 27
Goals against per game: 1.08

27 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Hopefully both Kane and greilish go can’t see us realistically catching Man City this season. At least then villa and Spurs lose a big player each that will be very hard to replace with anyone close to the quality they are. Also be funny to watch Spurs go completely to s***

This is my thinking too