Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Pathetic that Man City want to sell Gabriel Jesus because they want to sign Haaland this summer.

This what having a bottomless pit of money has done to football.

They can't just stick and use what they have but want more...the next big fish

Its called upgrading your team. Get over it.

10 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I'll be thrilled to see Man City just edge Liverpool out for the title (which I think they will) because every last odious Scouser will fixate until his last breath on our 1-0 win as being what cost them the title.

Every time you see one, be sure to remind him we won on two days of rest with our only shot on target  :)

And 1 fit centre back who isn't even a starter lol

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Problem with Le Tissier is that if he just had one crazy idea, people would accept it, laugh it off etc. But it's everything. It's not just no to the covid jab, which I accept some people weren't keen on having because they believe it wasn't tested enough, which he references in the article, it also jabs have microchips in, covid patients were actors, ventilators did more harm than good, pcr test were fake, Ukrainians in the war are actors, and on and on. Everything is fake in his mind.

I have no problem with people questioning things, but he's gone way to far into it now, to the point where he's not even questioning things or even everything, he's just flat out not believing it as a default position and then looking for stuff that supports his stances and thats what he calls research. Also why would Matt Le Tissier of all people be given access to suppressed documents. I think we're watching a man lose his mind in real time here.

The thing is, people confuse the difference between discredited and suppressed. Discredited scientific research rarely gets published because it has flaws but ‘certain people’ think that means it’s hidden. If you’ve found it on the web, so can everyone, so how exactly is it suppressed? 
I know a lad, he used to be a good laugh but he is a massive bore now. He bangs on about this shit all the time, I could tear him a new one most of the time as it’s so predictable but I just nod along. The sooner he is finished and moves on to the next person to bore the better.

Even if they are right, what does it achieve? **** all. 

1 minute ago, jonthefox said:

Just met Burnley’s Tarkowski and Rodriguez at the services 

Tell him to stay away from Leicester unless he's visiting with an opposition team.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

The thing is, people confuse the difference between discredited and suppressed. Discredited scientific research rarely gets published because it has flaws but ‘certain people’ think that means it’s hidden. If you’ve found it on the web, so can everyone, so how exactly is it suppressed? 
I know a lad, he used to be a good laugh but he is a massive bore now. He bangs on about this shit all the time, I could tear him a new one most of the time as it’s so predictable but I just nod along. The sooner he is finished and moves on to the next person to bore the better.

Even if they are right, what does it achieve? **** all. 

They never are though.  There are various reasons why people believe in such theories I won't bore you with them.  It is something I find both interesting and incredibly frustrating, as you can never argue with them because all the evidence you show is just discredited as fake, they have the real evidence.

• Like 2

Is it because I’m getting old or is it all just so boring now? Can’t get excited at all about the title race. In “the old days” even though I don’t really like either of them I used to love the Utd Arsenal rivalry and even Chelsea when they first started to compete but I’m completely bored by Man City/Liverpool. I’d rather City win but can’t muster up any form of emotion about it as a sports spectacle at all. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Is it because I’m getting old or is it all just so boring now? Can’t get excited at all about the title race. In “the old days” even though I don’t really like either of them I used to love the Utd Arsenal rivalry and even Chelsea when they first started to compete but I’m completely bored by Man City/Liverpool. I’d rather City win but can’t muster up any form of emotion about it as a sports spectacle at all. 

Back in the day it was also a two horse race. From 1996 to 2005 the title was won by either Man Utd or Arsenal. And from 2005 to 2012 by Man Utd or Chelsea. 

The quality of football is a lot better now so I enjoy it. Klopp and Pep has taken it to another level. You can get 90+ points and not win the league, which is insane. By comparison Man Utd once won the league with 75 points.