Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

If we finished 14th but won the Europa conference league... would that be considered a disappointing season... surely not. Let's not forget we did win the community shield in August. So two cups in one season for Rodgers would far from be a failure.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

If we finished 14th but won the Europa conference league... would that be considered a disappointing season... surely not. Let's not forget we did win the community shield in August. So two cups in one season for Rodgers would far from be a failure.

It's a trophy and its silverware. The more often we can continue to challenge for any competitive trophy (and for us the CS counts) the better we will be in terms of status and stature of the club.

In no way saying I'm happy with what has happened in the league as its been underwhelming*, but if we finish the season with another trophy I won't be turning my nose up at all, I'd be delighted! 

*must be said we've had to manage our fair share of injuries for the past 2 seasons which shouldn't ever be discounted or ignored in any debate. 

Not something I’ve seen discussed much in the press but Chelsea have gone a bit shit haven’t they? 

They’re an FA Cup final defeat away from a nothing season and limping towards a top four finish… even that is under threat. 

Wonder if a new owner might make a managerial change? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koke said:

We finished 14th in 14/15 with Schlupp and De Laet playing for us lol

Complete joke of a season. 

Wow just shows what skills and leadership Nigel had to finish 14th with that team! Crazy stuff when you think about it. 

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not something I’ve seen discussed much in the press but Chelsea have gone a bit shit haven’t they? 

They’re an FA Cup final defeat away from a nothing season and limping towards a top four finish… even that is under threat. 

I think Roman was still in charge I reckon Tuchel would have been sacked after the champions league loss, judging by his players reaction in the last few games something doesn't look right. A lot of their players are losing their cool very quickly, getting involved with scraps with players and very quick to snap out officalls and even their own supporters. Saying all this though to be still in the top four, in a Fa Cup final and be Fifa world club winners can't really say it's been that bad of a season. 

• Like 2

Everton w@nkfest on MOTD.

Love it if it all backfires on them and they go down.

No doubt we will oblige them with 3 easy points though...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Just watching MOTD. It may the booze talking, but I don't think I have ever wanted a side to get relegated more than I want Everton to be relegated.

Just now, Raj said:

Everton w@nkfest on MOTD.

Love it if it all backfires on them and they go down.

No doubt we will oblige them with 3 easy points though...

Same thoughts!!!

😁😁😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Their fans are beginning to turn on Tuchel. Some of his man management has been shoddy and some of his interviews haven’t been the most ambitious 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Their fans are beginning to turn on Tuchel. Some of his man management has been shoddy and some of his interviews haven’t been the most ambitious 

they are the only big club in the world that play 5 at the back… they also haven’t kept a clean sheet in yonks.  He’s very rigid as a manager. I think most would have found a way to build rom into the team, but even after good performances he found his time limited. 

They’ve been playing for nothing recently and he still hasn’t had a crack. barmy really 

Edited by Lambert09

23 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Controversial opinion, but the Arsenal invincibles team is one of the most over rated teams in the history of English football. It was a decent team no question, but they didn’t win anything else that season and were crap in Europe - not sure they even got passed the first knockout stage.

In the league they were deserving champions but drew somewhere between 10-15 games, can’t remember exactly, including at the KP against a crap Leicester side, we were also ahead in the away game at half time, Van Nistlerooy missed a penalty in the last minute or they would have lost to Man Utd and had a couple of other late equalisers. 
A good team yes, deserved champions that season, yes, one of the best team the PL has seen - no not even close.

Completely agree and think Man City under Guardiola and Liverpool under Klopp are both substantially better - albeit they're in a different era now, but I think even relative to the time these two are better.

---

Anyhow - **** Chelsea. I hope they finish 5th for that disgusting result earlier. Absolute toss.

We won't finish 14th. I've got a decent sized bet on us finishing bottom half but think it'll probably lose actually because of the fact we play two sides who'll already be down. We've got the nicest run in in the league.

Even so it's been piss poor. I can't believe there are people who think it hasn't.

17 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

Looking forward to Richarlison rolling around the floor most of the game next Sunday like he’s been shot along with Pickford diving on the ball for a minimum of 30 seconds 

If the FA is fair, consistent, and has any moral courage, Richarlison will get a ban for throwing a lighted flare into the crowd.

So I think you can expect to see him on Sunday.

And if the FA had any interest at all in stopping Everton's time wasting and improving the game in general, they would send a note to the ref reminding him of the six-second rule for goalkeepers and how they ought to give an indirect free kick.

So expect Pickford to beat Saturday's record of 27 seconds from picking up the ball (not under pressure) to releasing it.  (He was probably going to beat that record at the end of the match, but he had reached 19 seconds when the ref blew for full time.  If the ref is going to give him unlimited time, you wonder why he doesn't catch it at 85 miutes or so and just keep hold.  Nothing to stop him.)

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We won't finish 14th. I've got a decent sized bet on us finishing bottom half but think it'll probably lose actually because of the fact we play two sides who'll already be down. We've got the nicest run in in the league.

Even so it's been piss poor. I can't believe there are people who think it hasn't.

We should be looking at 12 points from this run-in.

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Seem to remember a particularly good season to follow our 14th finish in 2014...start preparing The Don....

I can see Chelsea dropping out of top 4. They just look like a bunch of mercenaries who are only in it for the money, except they now don't know where the money is coming from. 

The FA and Sky want Everton to stay up. It's only fans of other clubs (aka - normal people) who want them to go down and we don't matter. 

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I can see Chelsea dropping out of top 4. They just look like a bunch of mercenaries who are only in it for the money, except they now don't know where the money is coming from. 

The FA and Sky want Everton to stay up. It's only fans of other clubs (aka - normal people) who want them to go down and we don't matter. 

Funny - there is a reason why they look like that. :) Chelsea have represented the pits of football for the last 19 years or  so. Would love to see a huge fall from grace. All this talk of them signing Forfana makes me sick.

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

We should be looking at 12 points from this run-in.

9 at a minimum. Never like going away to Chelsea even if we have picked up a point or 3 there in recent seasons. I know they're in a bit of rough form at the moment but we're the kind of team others see as a chance to get back on track.

We should be winning the others. Although if we do get to the ECL Final, I won't begrudge Rodgers playing a weakened side against Southampton on final day.