Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Got to feel for West Ham and Man City fans who have made arrangements to see the game suddenly moved at short notice .

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lew_Fountain/status/1521415281872093186

Absolute disgrace this league. These kinds of things have 100% gotten worse in the last few years I'm convinced of it.

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Can't believe I thought Lukaku would fire them to a title this season lol

Think losing Chilly and James (for a fair portion of time) really affected them as most of their attacking work came from those two. You'd expect a top class manager to get that squad on 80+ points though. Very poor from Tuchel for me,

I did as well, look very silly in hindsight. I thought he'd be the finishing touch but really he just hinders a lot of the good they do. He's a terrible fit.

He'd be fantastic at another side but can't quite pin who.

Anyone seen the post from Jesse Lingard’s brother about his treatment at Man U? Reads the same as when his Mum was giving it out about Leicester when he was here. 

Not my poor baby Jesse

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I didn't realise how small Chelsea's gap ahead of 5th was. No lover of the north London duo but it would be very funny if Chelsea ended up finishing 5th.

I think they'll be safe purely because Spurs and Arsenal play each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, KFS said:

Anyone seen the post from Jesse Lingard’s brother about his treatment at Man U? Reads the same as when his Mum was giving it out about Leicester when he was here. 

Not my poor baby Jesse

no sympathy at all. Had the chance to move to a lot of good clubs in the summer but decided he was too good for that and chose to sit on the bench of the club that froze him out and expected everything to change.  

hope he’s not on our radar because i can’t help but think his form at west ham was simply a purple patch 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

hope he’s not on our radar because i can’t help but think his form at west ham was simply a purple patch 

Similar to Willocks loan to Newcastle at the same time.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

no sympathy at all. Had the chance to move to a lot of good clubs in the summer but decided he was too good for that and chose to sit on the bench of the club that froze him out and expected everything to change.  

He’s had a few good seasons in his career that would suggest he’s a confidence player. Perhaps another reason to not sign him though.

52 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If that is the case, makes Chelsea a more unattractive purchase

They're part of the Sky 6.

There is no way that they'll let anything bad happen in the PL boardroom. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Think he's got a point tbf. I dunno about what happened with him Mum and Leicester though. Must have missed that.

Wouldn't have hurt to put him on for 10 minutes and it probably sums up how shit the mood is up there. Think most clubs give a player like that the chance to say farewell.

It’s not like he is leaving on favourable terms, he rejected multiple contracts.

The club have lost 20m plus on fees, live by the sword die by the sword.

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

They're part of the Sky 6.

There is no way that they'll let anything bad happen in the PL boardroom. 

They’re gonna make the rest of the league chip in and help pay it

Edited by marbles

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Think he's got a point tbf. I dunno about what happened with him Mum and Leicester though. Must have missed that.

Wouldn't have hurt to put him on for 10 minutes and it probably sums up how shit the mood is up there. Think most clubs give a player like that the chance to say farewell.

At least the fans will still have the memories 

42 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Erik ten Hag at Manchester United: Can you name every foreign manager in Premier League history? - BBC Sport

Fun quiz - can you name every foreign (non-British or Irish) manager in the history of the PL?

Its funny how my brain works sometimes. My first guess wasnt Wenger, Mourinho or Ancellotti but that great manager Christian Gross!

Velimir Zajec 2004-05 at Portsmouth. Had a 5 months spell as manager after Redknapp got fired. I respect your football encyclopaedia if you got him. 

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

Velimir Zajec 2004-05 at Portsmouth. Had a 5 months spell as manager after Redknapp got fired. I respect your football encyclopaedia if you got him. 

Inexplicably I got zajec, yet missed a couple of easy ones (West Ham 08-10, Italian where his name obviously started with a "G" and Chelsea 18-19, Italian whose name could only start with an "M")

Got 65/73.

Edited by martyn