Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

22 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

no sympathy at all. Had the chance to move to a lot of good clubs in the summer but decided he was too good for that and chose to sit on the bench of the club that froze him out and expected everything to change.  

hope he’s not on our radar because i can’t help but think his form at west ham was simply a purple patch 

Do we actually know if that was his choice? Im sure I read that he wanted to move but United assured him they wanted him after his great loan spell last season, only to then not use him at all. Then come Jan his contact was about to be up anyway. 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Do we actually know if that was his choice? Im sure I read that he wanted to move but United assured him they wanted him after his great loan spell last season, only to then not use him at all. Then come Jan his contact was about to be up anyway. 

all about the $. Nobody could match the wages he was on. if he was promised more cameos that’s hardly what you need at 28.

He’s also probably been factored in the pay day for moving on a free.  

Zero chance it was because he expected to start playing again. They had just spent 70m on sancho. 

Hodgson is leaving the Hornets.... apparently 'he's earned the right to take a step back' so I assume he's after a Director of Football role.

To be fair with his knowledge and contact book he'd probably do a decent job for a few more years! 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Hodgson is leaving the Hornets.... apparently 'he's earned the right to take a step back' so I assume he's after a Director of Football role.

To be fair with his knowledge and contact book he'd probably do a decent job for a few more years! 

You know I think Roy at 75 y.o. should set about writing his memoirs . He has had a very long and interesting career , it should make a fascinating read.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You know I think Roy at 75 y.o. should set about writing his memoirs . He has had a very long and interesting career , it should make a fascinating read.

Oh I agree, i'm just not sure he knows how to retire. Sir Alex is lucky with the Man Utd ambassador role, he'd probably be dead without it (by his own admission).

Not sure there's a similar role at a club for Roy as he's been all over the world but without much longevity! 

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I am shocked to find out that Roy Hodgson, last seen wearing sunglasses and smiling in his chair at Watford's relegation 6-pointer with Burnley, then not attending the post-match interview, will be leaving the club.

He doesn't seem to understand how badly he's faring in his current role.

One could say that he's there for his last pay cheque.

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I am shocked to find out that Roy Hodgson, last seen wearing sunglasses and smiling in his chair at Watford's relegation 6-pointer with Burnley, then not attending the post-match interview, will be leaving the club.

Lesve him alone, he had a game of Warhammer to get to by 5

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Is that so the new manager can have 3 games to get to know the squad before being fired in September?  

Or is it so they can fire the new man in June and give the next-but-one new man a month or two to evaluate the squad before the transfer window?  (Before being fired in September, obviously.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

He was suffering with a eye infection tbf.

Surprised Roy is sticking around till the end of the season really .

Never really been well received by the fans compared to Ranieri.

16 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Is that so the new manager can have 3 games to get to know the squad before being fired in September?  

Or is it so they can fire the new man in June and give the next-but-one new man a month or two to evaluate the squad before the transfer window?  (Before being fired in September, obviously.)

Probably win get anyone in now but yes we’ll have someone in the summer who then gets sacked soon after if we don’t start well .

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Probably win get anyone in now but yes we’ll have someone in the summer who then gets sacked soon after if we don’t start well .

might be left field but i can see it being rooney… i can also see him failing 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

might be left field but i can see it being rooney… i can also see him failing 

just looked at the odds for the next manager. 

It looks the same as how ours would look, which is the big problem if we decided to move on from Brendan 😂

40CFB569-C9B0-45AE-88C7-16D51102F804.png

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

This is what will happen

Watford will win the league or come second with another flashy coach, the championship is well a bit shit, and watford murdered the divison last time'.

You will likley go straight back up with a leeds etc, then get relegated  after multiple coaching sackings, again within two years, and so the west brom like cycle shall roll on and on and on.

So many issues with the issues that causes this cycle but it goes to the top of english football, and the way moneys distributed.You see how it filters down when you look at how many times barnsley and ortherham have bounched between the championship and league 1. Its a bit depressing the predictability of it all really.

its why the top 6 will be the same again as most years, bar the odd change within it.

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Man City are a good example of being patient with players almost every signing seems to be rubbish in the first season. Mahrez, cancelo, bernardo silva , sterling just to name a few 

Rubbish is a bit harsh. 

Probably easier for them to be patient and embed players due to the quality and size of their squad 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Man City are a good example of being patient with players almost every signing seems to be rubbish in the first season. Mahrez, cancelo, bernardo silva , sterling just to name a few 

Good point....I remember when Man City supporters were saying we've sold them a duff in Mahrez and we were saying payback for Iheanacho ....and now look at them both 😂

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Rubbish is a bit harsh. 

Probably easier for them to be patient and embed players due to the quality and size of their squad 

yeah i was overstating but the point stands… even the top players on the planet need time to settle 

18 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Unbelievable that Ancelotti was managing Everton not so long ago.

Think this guy will go down as one of the great managers of all time....22 titles including 3 champions league trophies incredible 👏

But has he done it with a Leicester :ranieri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Unbelievable that Ancelotti was managing Everton not so long ago.

Think this guy will go down as one of the great managers of all time....22 titles including 3 champions league trophies incredible 👏

I do however find it insane that his AC Milan team only won one league title. 

• Like 1