Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Amazing seeing Citeh doing a Leicester.  Poor game management or brilliant play from RM. probably the latter. 

after doing it to psg and chelsea before, it says more about Reals character than man city’s 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I am shocked to find out that Roy Hodgson, last seen wearing sunglasses and smiling in his chair at Watford's relegation 6-pointer with Burnley, then not attending the post-match interview, will be leaving the club.

Maybe I’m reading to much into it, but he looks unwell to me.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

just looked at the odds for the next manager. 

It looks the same as how ours would look, which is the big problem if we decided to move on from Brendan 😂

40CFB569-C9B0-45AE-88C7-16D51102F804.png

New managers aren't picked off sky bet thankfully. 

7 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Maybe I’m reading to much into it, but he looks unwell to me.

He had an eye infection so didn't do any interviews or take the team as such but was sat on the bench.

Maybe thought he ought to be there in person?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

New managers aren't picked off sky bet thankfully. 

true but it does give you a good idea of who would be feasible. 

Not a knock at the club but we still haven’t reached a level where we pull in elite managers. 

Despite how we’ve grown we still have to pick the diamond from the rough 

Edited by Lambert09

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Not a knock at the club but we still haven’t reached a level where we pull in elite managers. 

Not particularly, they just chuck out names that those looking to place a bet will see as feasible and will lump money on. 

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

How many elite managers are there compared to elite clubs… I’d say less managers than clubs. Rodgers was an outstanding appointment at the time and he’ll almost certainly move up the food chain after he leaves Leicester. 

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is pep for the chop this year, dont win the league theyll be trophyless season dont help he spent 100m on Grealish. 

But who do they get? They spent so long preparing for him. Pellegrini was a placeholder. Pep is now more synonymous with Man City than Barcelona. 

I think majority of their fans are very happy with him but if he gets sacked, it tells everyone that all they really want is UCL. At least with Pep, there's the attraction for players of being led by the most successful manager in the last 10 years. Get rid and the only realistic successor is Ancellotti. Everyone else is a "step down". 

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Down to 14th place as it stands. Wow, that is seriously poor.

Any other manager at most clubs gets sacked/ is on his last legs after the season we’ve had, surely?  I’m not calling personally for the managers head- but this season has been disappointing to say the least. Injuries don’t come into this anymore- fear we put all our eggs in the conference league basket :(

• Sad 1

No point looking at the table now, means nothing lol I want to finish top 10 at least and I think we will but I'm not going to cry about it. 

Watching the Burnley game, really despise this Villa team. I don't think they have any likeable features, full of pricks. Burnley are rubbish and they'll be gone if their new manager bounce dies. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Unless i am mistaken, we aren't playing right now. Have you looked at the number of games played? 

What should be more important (if people could drag themselves out of their depressive holes right now) is that Wolves are currently losing. If it stays like that and we win tomorrow, we go back to 9th and we are a game in hand (Norwich) away from being 1 point behind them. There is something to play for surely.

Edit - Looks like VAR cancelled out Chelsea advantage :P

On 05/05/2022 at 06:36, Lambert09 said:

We’re paying Rodgers over 10 million a year. We can hire a better manager than those listed.

35 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Probably best to wait until all games in hand have actually been played with how tight the league is.

Currently we can jump them all and go 9th if we win tomorrow.

• Like 3