Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest StevieLynex

Apart from Man Utd, I reckon that we are the worst performing team in the Premier League in terms of the expectations that everyone had going into the season. The likes of Palace, Brentford, Wolves, Brighton and Arsenal have exceeded expectations

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Apart from Man Utd, I reckon that we are the worst performing team in the Premier League in terms of the expectations that everyone had going into the season

Nah. Everton by a mile win that one.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If we lose tomorrow then it will get really toxic in the stadium. Before people jump in, I'm not saying I agree that is what should happen, but it is what I expect to see. Big pressure on BR to get a result now, I think. So hopefully he'll select our strongest available XI.

...what, like the team that threatened Roma so fiercely you mean?

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Koke said:

We are currently 14th, with a few games in hand. This could be our lowest league finish in 8 years. Pathetic season. 

Screenshot_20220507_181601.thumb.jpg.39381a3218f56f51f341db0c06b256fa.jpg

We won't finish there though, lets be honest. 

Palace have got Villa next week so that's points taken from each other. Villa have got Liverpool and Man City both to play. Newcastle have got Man City tomorrow then Arsenal next week.

I am fully expecting us to beat Norwich, a game in hand, which would put us above those sides I've mentioned. We should be getting 3 points from Watford too. I feel indifferent about tomorrow as Everton will be up for it and I can see the game being a draw.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We won't finish there though, lets be honest. 

Palace have got Villa next week so that's points taken from each other. Villa have got Liverpool and Man City both to play. Newcastle have got Man City tomorrow then Arsenal next week.

I am fully expecting us to beat Norwich, a game in hand, which would put us above those sides I've mentioned. We should be getting 3 points from Watford too. I feel indifferent about tomorrow as Everton will be up for it and I can see the game being a draw.

So obviously you expect us to turn up tomorrow then?....

I'll be surprised if we come away with a draw.

Those games we threw away to focus on the Conference League have bitten us. Looking at that table we’d be in with a shout of challenging for Europe if we had just 2 more wins on the books. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Those games we threw away to focus on the Conference League have bitten us. Looking at that table we’d be in with a shout of challenging for Europe if we had just 2 more wins on the books. 

Yes - but even though it didn't work out it was still the right thing to do. 

But - i still think there is a lot to play for. A win tomorrow is key, so we need to be fired up. Then win against Norwich puts us in reaching distance of Wolves who play Man City and Liverpool. All things considered, 8th would be a good end to the season.

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

So obviously you expect us to turn up tomorrow then?....

I'll be surprised if we come away with a draw.

Yes. I think draw but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 1-0 either way.

Guest ttfn

No excuses for not picking up at least 10-12 points from the last 5 games:

Home games against Everton (won none of their last 15 away from home and only 1 point in last 13 away), Norwich (already relegated, 9 points on the road this season) and Southampton (4 points from last 10 games).

Away at Watford (lost 11 straight games at home). The only one we’d have any excuse for losing is Chelsea and even they have gone off the boil.

Could still salvage a 55 point season from here which is incredible given the systemic issues we’ve had at set pieces and closing games out.

6 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Yes - but even though it didn't work out it was still the right thing to do. 

But - i still think there is a lot to play for. A win tomorrow is key, so we need to be fired up. Then win against Norwich puts us in reaching distance of Wolves who play Man City and Liverpool. All things considered, 8th would be a good end to the season.

No I agree it was the right thing to do which makes Thursday nights performance even more frustrating.

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Oh god the Potter discussion starting again. :D

Utter dross relegation fodder for months, now a couple of good performances and he's the messiah again.

I'd still dread to see him here.

Some poor form, but when Brighton look back at their league finishes they won't look back and think "that top half finish was good but remember that poor form we had" 

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve never known a Premier League season with so many poor sides in it. Bar Liverpool and Man City, everyone is no better than bang average. 

Disagree. 

Arsenal under Wenger regularly made top 3 or 4 with some incredibly mediocre sides in the late 00s-early 10s. Ones which were far inferior to the current Arsenal side.

I think in general the mid-table teams have gotten much better compared to 5-10 years ago, while Chelsea, Spurs and ManUtd have stagnated and it's caused  a much bigger clump of sides.

Liverpool and ManCity are as good a sides as there's ever been in English football. The relegation sides also feel like they can't compete and seem to get much more cut adrift these days.