Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot

There is a bloke on his holiday at the Ledbury live tweeting about aston villa players in a hotel. We live in an odd world.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How long do we think until a written transfer request then?

He doesn't need to do that anyway. Made it pretty clear he wants out.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mahrez did the same act with us and still put in a transfer request. Also means Spurs won’t have to pay him his loyalty bonus if he leaves which I am sure Levy would be happy about.

Have Chelsea asked Lakaku if he wants to come back to Chelsea, if he doesn't want to come back to England then why have they made a offer, read that he is quite happy in Italy. Chelsea sold him to Everton for £28m and 7years later want to buy him for £87m which has been rejected, should not have been quick to sell him! Really dumb club

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Have Chelsea asked Lakaku if he wants to come back to Chelsea, if he doesn't want to come back to England then why have they made a offer, read that he is quite happy in Italy. Chelsea sold him to Everton for £28m and 7years later want to buy him for £87m which has been rejected, should not have been quick to sell him! Really dumb club

and they've won every trophy available to them in the time since selling him. Can't argue with results.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Supposedly Kane is back in training this weekend. Just wanted to 'vent his frustration'. Pathetic all round really lol Spurs - the gift that keeps on giving.

It's an appallingly bad business move. His agent should hang. 

On the other side of the coin, Maguire was.advised brilliantly. Presumably told to knuckle down, get fit and concentrate only at what he's an expert at...and leave the contractual and transfer stuff to an expert.in that field. 

I see Kane's agent is Marlon Fleischman.....Levy v Fleischman! A good old fashioned, mouth watering Jewish business battle there!

Edited by Paninistickers

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I see this get mentioned a lot, but every club has them, and a transfer can never always be predicted how it’s going to work out.

Remember Alex Ferguson the greatest ever signed Veron for 30 odd million 20 years ago, Bebe, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Taibi and Wilfred Zaha - I’m sure there were others too.

Overall though, we do great business! And have many more wow moments than crap

He also gave Jeff schlupp a trial which I am lead to believe resulted in him going into a nursing home for a few years.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It isn’t about making his intentions clear. 

Handing in a formal transfer request usually forfeits any commitment bonus the player has written into their contract.

Levy will no doubt be trying to force Kane to forgo his bonus. 

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

On the other side of the coin, Maguire was.advised brilliantly. Presumably told to knuckle down, get fit and concentrate only at what he's an expert at...and leave the contractual and transfer stuff to an expert.in that field. 

I see Kane's agent is Marlon Fleischman.....Levy v Fleischman! A good old fashioned, mouth watering Jewish business battle there!

It was a huge mistake and was only going backfire on him, if Kane was too stupid to realize this or can't form an opinion for himself and has to bow down to his agent then either way he's ultimately to blame.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

It isn’t about making his intentions clear. 

Handing in a formal transfer request usually forfeits any commitment bonus the player has written into their contract.

Levy will no doubt be trying to force Kane to forgo his bonus. 

Yeah I wouldn't put that past levy tbh.

I was quite happy at the prospect of kane leaving spurs and them deteriorating further without him but given his Mahrez style tantrum it sits uncomfortably with me that will result in him getting a move. It's unprofessional and sets a precedent for players to just throw a strop to get their own way when under contract. 

9 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I was quite happy at the prospect of kane leaving spurs and them deteriorating further without him but given his Mahrez style tantrum it sits uncomfortably with me that will result in him getting a move. It's unprofessional and sets a precedent for players to just throw a strop to get their own way when under contract. 

That precedent was set years ago Raheem Steering, demitri payet, carlos tevez and William gallas have all been successful in getting there move in recent years plus loads you won't even hear about. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Mirror and The Athletic both reporting that his agent is his brother, who negotiated the current contract. His brother's 'one player only' agency, CK66, is also listed as Kane's agent on https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ck66-limited/beraterfirma/berater/6432

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

That precedent was set years ago Raheem Steering, demitri payet, carlos tevez and William gallas have all been successful in getting there move in recent years plus loads you won't even hear about. 

Yep. It will have always happened anyway.

Sad day for pundits and fans alike that believe contact means penalty. Assuming they stick to their word, it sounds like you'll actually have to be fouled to win a penalty rather than be touched and throw yourself to the floor. My next dream is that the people cheating get punished for it.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Sad day for pundits and fans alike that believe contact means penalty. Assuming they stick to their word, it sounds like you'll actually have to be fouled to win a penalty rather than be touched and throw yourself to the floor. My next dream is that the people cheating get punished for it.

That's all well and good if refs give penalties for fouls were the player doesn't hit the deck. 

33 minutes ago, boots60 said:

The reason Kane did not turn up for training is nothing to do with the proposed transfer.

He's had a couple of days off to polish all his medals.

Taking pyjamas off in a swimming pool is no easy task, let me tell you - that Bronze Survival is a coveted honour.

• Haha 2