Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Title race all but over now ?

Man C aren’t going to drop 4 more points than Liverpool are they ?

The only semi dangerous game for them is West Ham away. 

Pretty much over 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamesp26 said:

Klopp not happy with Spurs tactics, which were presumably not letting Liverpool win. Seems to have an issue with good defending, which is odd, because i didn't think Spurs were particularly negative. Personally thought everything caught up with Liverpool and they ran out of ideas. 

I really despise Jurgen Klopp. Just, everything that could be wrong in a man :

Arrogant, bitter, ego driven, vain, fake, pandering. 

Also a winner so I guess that goes to show there's no point in trying to have moral fibre. Much prefer Pep anyhow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Title race all but over now ?

Man C aren’t going to drop 4 more points than Liverpool are they ?

Not sure about this. They have Wolves and West Ham away. 

Hammers away dangerous for anyone, and Wolves style of play is kryponite for Man City 

It's not over yet, Liverpool have an easier last 3.

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not sure about this. They have Wolves and West Ham away. 

Hammers away dangerous for anyone, and Wolves style of play is kryponite for Man City 

It's not over yet, Liverpool have an easier last 3.

not to mention their final game is against gerrards villa! You can’t bet your life he’ll have them fired up for that one. 

10 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

So, we all agreed Leeds are going down? 

For me this was nailed on 2 weeks ago (after they drew to Palace). They had tough fixtures and have been playing poor and not getting results. They'll do well to win another game. I can see Burnley getting 3-4 points, so Leeds will need to win 2 of their 3 games (unlikely).

On 08/05/2022 at 18:26, KFS said:

Thank Christ Liverpool won’t win the quad. If they did that and Forest come up I think I’d just stop following the sport

Probably just win the carabou 😂

we can then reflect that only the c**tiest possible game management on our part allowed them to remain in that competition 

On 08/05/2022 at 19:27, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I really despise Jurgen Klopp. Just, everything that could be wrong in a man :

Arrogant, bitter, ego driven, vain, fake, pandering. 

Also a winner so I guess that goes to show there's no point in trying to have moral fibre. Much prefer Pep anyhow. 

I can't stand either. They both talk utter nonsense and moan about the tactics of any team who dares take points off them. Both of them would prefer every team to play like Bielsa did at Leeds so they can win 6-0 every week. 

13 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

For me this was nailed on 2 weeks ago (after they drew to Palace). They had tough fixtures and have been playing poor and not getting results. They'll do well to win another game. I can see Burnley getting 3-4 points, so Leeds will need to win 2 of their 3 games (unlikely).

The problem is I’ve had Everton, Burnley and Leeds all nailed on to go down in the last few weeks, it seems every time a team looks dead they throw together a run of results.

Looking at it, I’d also be a little nervous if I were a Southampton fan, 2 games left that they could easily lose, meaning if those 3 can pull 2 wins out of their arse Saints could go!

In all likelihood, right now Leeds look most likely, but who would have bet on Everton picking up 6 points against us and Chelsea.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

The problem is I’ve had Everton, Burnley and Leeds all nailed on to go down in the last few weeks, it seems every time a team looks dead they throw together a run of results.

Looking at it, I’d also be a little nervous if I were a Southampton fan, 2 games left that they could easily lose, meaning if those 3 can pull 2 wins out of their arse Saints could go!

In all likelihood, right now Leeds look most likely, but who would have bet on Everton picking up 6 points against us and Chelsea.

Southampton are safe, they still have to play us!

I actually backed Everton to do Chelsea and on the back of that feared for us too, which unfortunately came true. They seem to have got their act together for the run-in whereas Leeds have been on a downward trajectory.

Burnley have had a good run but that Villa turnover surprised me. With their fixtures, I can see them hold Leeds off.

Having said that, football can always spring a surprise. Nothing is as simple as it looks (bar us conceding off a set piece).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Leeds manager has spent his press conference explaining how he uses quotes from Ghandi, Muhammad Ali and the France 98 team to inspire his players.

Still, at least someone makes our Brendan look a little less daft. 

Ahh yes! The divine trinity of spiritual guides. 

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Leeds manager has spent his press conference explaining how he uses quotes from Ghandi, Muhammad Ali and the France 98 team to inspire his players.

Still, at least someone makes our Brendan look a little less daft. 

I wouldn't be suprised if he also has a 2h training session per day with episodes of Ted Lasso. 

Some weeks ago I posted that Leeds are in serious trouble and someone put a laughing emoji...

Also if they go down good luck to them coming to PL again. It will take them 10 years.