Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Liverpool are no more out of the title race than Leeds certain to go down. There may be more twists yet both at the top and the bottom. Man City have the tougher fixtures with a defensive injury issue. 

Exactly. I expect a 4 or 5 nil to Liverpool tonight. I have a feeling that this title race will go down to GD. Let's see which teams will field players from a Wacky Warehouse like Scunthorpe. 

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Liverpool aren't out the race but I'm fairly comfortable they won't win it now. My worry is Man City have had problems with Wolves in the past.

It's not only Wolves. They have to play West Ham also. I don't think West Ham will be on the beach. 

• Like 1

As I have said before it is Man City's title to lose. They have shown, not only consistency, but the ability to rattle in the goals. Although L'pool have had a great run this time will be; great effort but no cigar!!

Reading about Brandon Williams being followed by a bunch of irate Narch fans and then there is an image of four grown men holding a flag which states “don’t go Brandon” my god the absolute state of some people

• Like 1

Can't wait to see us try and mark him at set pieces lol 

Annoying, but still great to see the best players in this country. Obscene wages though that will knock down through the leagues and will eventually kill football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember the story that Steve Walsh recommended Everton sign Erling Haaland and bought his father and him over a weekend, showed the two of them the stadium and training ground.

But apparently the Everton board were unconvinced and rejected him, they could have got him for acouple of million and now he's one of the most talked about propects in the world.

what now for harry kane then? Shuts up and pretends he always wanted to be a one club man? Pushes for a move to real next year when benzema is winding down? 

Not sure who would pay what it takes to get him now that he’s approaching 30

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

51m for arguably the best and certainly the most sort after commodity in modern football? Surely that stinks. Yeah he signed the contract and Bayer offered it to him but to me it absolutely stinks. How can he be worth 30m less than Harry maguire it absolutely stinks in the days of the fair play rules imo

Part of the Dortmund model maybe? The way they sign players to use them as a stepping stone and make profit on all of these kind of players whilst getting a few decent years from them. It’ll be the same when Bellingham leaves them next summer. 

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

51m for arguably the best and certainly the most sort after commodity in modern football? Surely that stinks. Yeah he signed the contract and Bayer offered it to him but to me it absolutely stinks. How can he be worth 30m less than Harry maguire it absolutely stinks in the days of the fair play rules imo

Same reason we got Kante, only way to sign a significant talent, build in a release/exit clause

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The 300m payable over five years to the player and his reps seems to have escaped his notice …….

What about the signing on fee trev?