Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

22 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

51m for arguably the best and certainly the most sort after commodity in modern football? Surely that stinks. Yeah he signed the contract and Bayer offered it to him but to me it absolutely stinks. How can he be worth 30m less than Harry maguire it absolutely stinks in the days of the fair play rules imo

That’s his release clause 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

what now for harry kane then? Shuts up and pretends he always wanted to be a one club man? Pushes for a move to real next year when benzema is winding down? 

Not sure who would pay what it takes to get him now that he’s approaching 30

Never winning the EPL with spurs that's for sure.

Think his best bet is liverpool (if he stays in EPL) or like you mentioned moving to real or juve etc.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

what now for harry kane then? Shuts up and pretends he always wanted to be a one club man? Pushes for a move to real next year when benzema is winding down? 

Not sure who would pay what it takes to get him now that he’s approaching 30

I could see Kane at Real Madrid in a year or two.

Haaland will probably have 4 or 5 years at Man City before going to Real Madrid as he seems to want. Could be a nice 3 year period for Kane at Madrid replacing Benzema.

31 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What about the signing on fee trev?

I think that’s in the 300m 

51 m fee

800k/week for five years   -  200m  (the s/o fee inc in that so apportion how you wish)

Agent takes 49m (his old man probably gets a  bit of that aswell) 

the headline may be 51m but you always have to look at the outlay over the contract to judge what a player actually costs the club …

it’s outrageous…….. however, I reckon little wes is relishing playing against him next season …..

56 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

51m for arguably the best and certainly the most sort after commodity in modern football? Surely that stinks. Yeah he signed the contract and Bayer offered it to him but to me it absolutely stinks. How can he be worth 30m less than Harry maguire it absolutely stinks in the days of the fair play rules imo

Maguire is the better all round player.

• Haha 1

I know it was his release clause all I'm saying is are such clauses okay? He's worth what? In the modern market, 200m? More? Lots more? He's certainly not worth 51m. It just doesn't seem right to me arguably the best team in the world should be able to come that much better for such a minimal initial outlay, finding a way round fair play laws. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I know it was his release clause all I'm saying is are such clauses okay? He's worth what? In the modern market, 200m? More? Lots more? He's certainly not worth 51m. It just doesn't seem right to me arguably the best team in the world should be able to come that much better for such a minimal initial outlay, finding a way round fair play laws. 

But the argument is he demanded the clause in order to sign for Dortmund. Not like Man City had anything to do with that unless they had this plan all along. Also in putting the clause in him and his agents are guaranteed a bigger financial package from the club that signed him (Man City).

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

But the argument is he demanded the clause in order to sign for Dortmund. Not like Man City had anything to do with that unless they had this plan all along. 

Like us with Kante I imagine

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

But the argument is he demanded the clause in order to sign for Dortmund. Not like Man City had anything to do with that unless they had this plan all along. Also in putting the clause in him and his agents are guaranteed a bigger financial package from the club that signed him (Man City).

You're obviously right I just don't like that such a huge club with the spending power that they have such as man City can strengthen themselves such a huge amount for such a small outlay. It doesn't sit well with me. 

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

You're obviously right I just don't like that such a huge club with the spending power that they have such as man City can strengthen themselves such a huge amount for such a small outlay. It doesn't sit well with me. 

I agree it’s crap, but top players are always going to move to top clubs, its not like Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham could have tempted him.  :(

Will be good to see him in the league, but yes it sucks to an oil club

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Cheers. Whilst it is a bit of a joke how unfair it is I am looking forward to seeing how he does. Think he will absolutely smash it.

Kane must be gutted and really annoyed he didn’t get his move to Man City. Man Utd prob the only team in England that will pay for him now but will he be any better off football other than money not sure why he would go there. Maybe PSG if poch stays and mbappe goes 

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Kane must be gutted and really annoyed he didn’t get his move to Man City. Man Utd prob the only team in England that will pay for him now but will he be any better off football other than money not sure why he would go there. Maybe PSG if poch stays and mbappe goes 

Newcastle?

Just now, trabuch said:

Newcastle?

I don’t see him going there unless he is only after money no Europe this season at all and not guaranteed the season after even if the splash out loads of money.  

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Will Stevie G tell his villa boys to drop their pants today? I think so...

unlikely he never won the league with them so why we would he want to give someone else the op even if it's his boy hood team.

Edited by whoareyaaa

31 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I don’t see him going there unless he is only after money no Europe this season at all and not guaranteed the season after even if the splash out loads of money.  

He may have to decide between moving for money and not winning anything, and staying at Spurs (and not winning anything). Interesting choice. He's not getting any younger.

Edited by trabuch

29 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It increases the number of clubs that can afford him so gives more options as to where he wants to live and play.

I think the most likely next move for Kane will be move abroad, man city dont need him, dont think hed wanna go Man u or Newcastle. Kand to PSG? Not impossible with Mbappe likely to leave. Though only if Poch gets another season.

16 minutes ago, trabuch said:

He may have to decide between moving for money and not winning anything, and staying at Spurs (and not winning anything. Interesting choice. He's not getting any younger.

True and at least at either Newcastle or Man Utd he could prob double / triple his wages. Spurs won’t change the way they operate especially if they don’t get champions league. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think the most likely next move for Kane will be move abroad, man city dont need him, dont think hed wanna go Man u or Newcastle. Kand to PSG? Not impossible with Mbappe likely to leave. Though only if Poch gets another season.

I thought Kane might replace Benzema at Real but now the old b*****d has a new lease of life , that probably won't happen. Looks like Harry is going to be a one club man , he has been there getting on for 20 years already. No medals maybe but then they usually turn up on EBay down the line anyway.

• Haha 1