Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

So Salah is rubbish now?

He’s been well below par for a while now. Not sure what’s going on with him? Has he signed his contract or is he itching for a move to Real Madrid?

I also want Liverpool to win the title.

Man City has won, I think, four of the last five? Or something ridiculous.  And now they've signed Haaland. The league is at risk of becoming  a one champions league. It's disgusting. They can waste 100m on Grealish and shrug it off like it's nothing.

Liverpool's recruitment has to be a little cleverer cause they don't have quite the same resources. 

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Villa were up for that.

Were they? 

I wasn't impressed at all. Didn't look bothered at attacking Liverpool for extended periods of play. Then were just casually knocking it about at the back in stoppage time. 

I don't actually think they were that good today barring the first 5 mins. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Found this very articulate and interesting with Demba Ba 

Thought this was going to be another ‘you know what is syrup?’ Meme but I really enjoyed that. Can’t be a bad person to have about our camp if he wants a job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I don’t want villa to win as I want us to finish higher then them but also if I had to choose rather Liverpool win the title than city but that’s just me.

That's alright. I also want the title race to be decided by GD on 22nd May. Bring on the corruption blame game on the last fixture. 

22 minutes ago, sishades said:

This story originated on Twitter....no reliable source and no evidence.

http://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

I believe this is the story which started the rumour a couple years back.

It delves more into our Jamie's Red Bull routine than it does anything else. Towards the end the asthma part is revealed - 'According to a source close to the club, of 35 players 22 are asthmatic – 63% of the squad'

Tenuous at best

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Were they? 

I wasn't impressed at all. Didn't look bothered at attacking Liverpool for extended periods of play. Then were just casually knocking it about at the back in stoppage time. 

I don't actually think they were that good today barring the first 5 mins. 

I'm just used to watching Leicester perhaps. But they had a few chances.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I'm just used to watching Leicester perhaps. But they had a few chances.

Yeah I was impressed with how quickly they shifted forwards. They were a final pass/touch from getting a couple of goals. 

The intention was there even if the execution waant spot on

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

A lot of the rumours stated the agreement was for haaland to come to Man City for a few years then go to Madrid. I’m not sure what the pull of Real Madrid still is. Earn similar big money at Man City, more chance of winning things, less intense pressure etc. likewise with mbappe. Why go there 

Have you been to Madrid and Manchester ??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Anything but Liverpool. They're probably gonna win the FA cup and champions league which will be umbearable enough but if they won all 4 their fans would be even more insufferable. 

Also they've got 2 world record signings laying for them. They're hardly penny pinchers themselves! 

Completely agree. Their fans are bad enough as it is. If they won all four, we would never hear the last of it. To be honest I'm hoping that they lose the cup final, champions league final, and don't win the league. I would find the thought of them thinking they were going to win the quadruple and then only ending up with the league Cup highly amusing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Anything but Liverpool. They're probably gonna win the FA cup and champions league which will be umbearable enough but if they won all 4 their fans would be even more insufferable. 

Also they've got 2 world record signings playing for them. They're hardly penny pinchers themselves! 

54 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Completely agree. Their fans are bad enough as it is. If they won all four, we would never hear the last of it. To be honest I'm hoping that they lose the cup final, champions league final, and don't win the league. I would find the thought of them thinking they were going to win the quadruple and then only ending up with the league Cup highly amusing. 

Their league cup win is apparently the best league cup win ever

their CL win would be the most impressive CL win ever (despite the easiest route to the final)

their FA cup win would be the most brilliant fa cup win in the history of cup wins 

and winning the league would ……. Well you get the drift don’t you 

I mean they are insufferable when they are winning nothing ………… 

• Like 4

I'm quite looking forward to the 5 subs next year. 

Massive potential for managers to completely change a game, utilise more players and even give younger players more of a chance. 

Ofcourse it benefits the richer teams more but if we build a good enough squad, there is no reason why it couldn't benefit us too. 

Didn’t know really where to put this.

Weve never really dabbled in the pre season tours abroad have we?

We had the Asia Cup and the post Champions games but can’t think of many trips other than that (Thailand twice for one off games). Been reading that both Wolves and Everton are likely to play in the US this summer. Villa, Palace and Leeds are in Australia. 

Understand the club may prioritise fitness but seems a missed chance 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I’d rather Liverpool win in it. If you’re concerning yourselves with the ‘fans’, then I would assume you are getting wound up by those who are not from Liverpool and perhaps local to our fine city.

Man City, are a vile creation. Artificially built on dodgy money. You’d have thought yesterday’s antics would be enough to demonstrate their desire to create such a monolithic power, to take the sport out of football. 
I know we are partly to blame for missing out on champions league, but we would have had a place in this competition, if it wasn’t for their ability to buy back their place.

Also this city bollocks, when I was younger any team with city in the name, were city. 

Yes Liverpool spend money, but it seems far more calculated and less artificial, a result of their past prowess. 

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Didn’t know really where to put this.

Weve never really dabbled in the pre season tours abroad have we?

We had the Asia Cup and the post Champions games but can’t think of many trips other than that (Thailand twice for one off games). Been reading that both Wolves and Everton are likely to play in the US this summer. Villa, Palace and Leeds are in Australia. 

Understand the club may prioritise fitness but seems a missed chance 

You might be on to something. Last time we went to Thailand, it resulted in our manager being sacked and his replacement won the league...

Edited by Scotch
  • Haha 3