Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

How come Manure have played 37 games, more than anyone else in the League?

Why should they have the benefit of more "rest" days than other Clubs. Needs a League probe.

Because their game against Chelsea was moved forward to the evening we played Roma in the first leg. They were due to play Chelsea this weekend (but Chelsea in the Cup Final) and Chelsea v ourselves was arranged for next week because of our Conference League progression. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Didn’t know really where to put this.

Weve never really dabbled in the pre season tours abroad have we?

We had the Asia Cup and the post Champions games but can’t think of many trips other than that (Thailand twice for one off games). Been reading that both Wolves and Everton are likely to play in the US this summer. Villa, Palace and Leeds are in Australia. 

Understand the club may prioritise fitness but seems a missed chance 

Forest go to Portugal most years

Though you would do when it’s your only chance of playing in Europe the last 4 decades 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm quite looking forward to the 5 subs next year. 

Massive potential for managers to completely change a game, utilise more players and even give younger players more of a chance. 

Ofcourse it benefits the richer teams more but if we build a good enough squad, there is no reason why it couldn't benefit us too. 

thinking about this, it perhaps does help us attract players given that we don’t have European football. 

it should enable us to go back to a proper high press approach rather than the half arsed one which has led to our demise …..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Because their game against Chelsea was moved forward to the evening we played Roma in the first leg. They were due to play Chelsea this weekend (but Chelsea in the Cup Final) and Chelsea v ourselves was arranged for next week because of our Conference League progression. 

And they played Brighton in a COVID affected game earlier in the season when they went out of Europe so had a spare week I think.

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

I'm quite looking forward to the 5 subs next year. 

Massive potential for managers to completely change a game, utilise more players and even give younger players more of a chance. 

Ofcourse it benefits the richer teams more but if we build a good enough squad, there is no reason why it couldn't benefit us too. 

Does it help that much? 3 subs seems enough for me... it's just to help bigger teams like anything that is brought in these days. (VAR)

Haaland signing is a bit ominous isn't it? A side that has gone 100,98,81,86,83+ points in recent seasons has signed one of the world's best strikers - a position they lack. If you look at his shot map from this season he basically lives in the box and can see this Man City side creating tons of opportunities for him. The media talk about them trying to find the signing that will win the CL - but there are multiple factors which can affect that and a single knockout game can sometimes just go against you. I can't see them slipping up over a 38 game season now though - feels like the missing piece.

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Does it help that much? 3 subs seems enough for me... it's just to help bigger teams like anything that is brought in these days. (VAR)

I think it could give you the ability to completely change a formation mid game with players suited to the new roles as opposed to wingers playing wing back etc. Should allow for faster paced matches too because players don't need to leave as much in the tank. 

I suppose we will see how it goes but I reckon alot of folk have overlooked the benefit it could give their club because of the obvious ones it gives the big 6. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Didn’t know really where to put this.

Weve never really dabbled in the pre season tours abroad have we?

We had the Asia Cup and the post Champions games but can’t think of many trips other than that (Thailand twice for one off games). Been reading that both Wolves and Everton are likely to play in the US this summer. Villa, Palace and Leeds are in Australia. 

Understand the club may prioritise fitness but seems a missed chance 

I've heard La Manga is a nice spot. :ph34r:

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely this is a joke? Would be a very bad decision for that period of time for the player and the club

Hed get at least 250 at man utd or Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely this is a joke? Would be a very bad decision for that period of time for the player and the club

The lovely thing about their cute little blip is they’re decisions like these away from having their owners box surrounded by angry cockneys again…

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

An 8 year deal is pretty much unheard of for a player? 

Can't say I have ever heard of a deal for a player for that long in the prem. 

4 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

An 8 year deal is pretty much unheard of for a player? 

Can't say I have ever heard of a deal for a player for that long in the prem. 

Only thing I can think of is Pardews Newcastle contract and that was a manager  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Contracts don't mean anything though.  If he wanted to move he'll move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Haaland signing is a bit ominous isn't it? A side that has gone 100,98,81,86,83+ points in recent seasons has signed one of the world's best strikers - a position they lack. If you look at his shot map from this season he basically lives in the box and can see this Man City side creating tons of opportunities for him. The media talk about them trying to find the signing that will win the CL - but there are multiple factors which can affect that and a single knockout game can sometimes just go against you. I can't see them slipping up over a 38 game season now though - feels like the missing piece.

I imagine the signing of Haaland will give wiggle room for rotation. Play Jesus against the dross and save Haaland for the big games.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Contracts don't mean anything though.  If he wanted to move he'll move.

Guess its more that they'll get a big fee when he does move, bit like us with Fofana.

The supposed Rudiger deal is just crazy, Madrid are on their arse with funds but they want to give a 29yr old €400k per week for 4yrs its madness.
I also must be missing something because i don't rate him up their in the highest echelons of defenders.
& what is it with European teams & these absurd buy-out clauses, apparently they have written in a £342m clause into his contract, he's 29 ffs.
They will never get that & could end up lumbered themselves but why would his team accept the clause also, he goes there & they suddenly see he's not as good as made out to be & they drop him that's him done, all be it sat there on a wedge but then he is 29 & probably wants to play out his last years not wait till he's 33+ before he starts again.