Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The supposed Rudiger deal is just crazy, Madrid are on their arse with funds but they want to give a 29yr old €400k per week for 4yrs its madness.
I also must be missing something because i don't rate him up their in the highest echelons of defenders.
& what is it with European teams & these absurd buy-out clauses, apparently they have written in a £342m clause into his contract, he's 29 ffs.
They will never get that & could end up lumbered themselves but why would his team accept the clause also, he goes there & they suddenly see he's not as good as made out to be & they drop him that's him done, all be it sat there on a wedge but then he is 29 & probably wants to play out his last years not wait till he's 33+ before he starts again.

Clauses can be changed if both parties agree 

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The supposed Rudiger deal is just crazy, Madrid are on their arse with funds but they want to give a 29yr old €400k per week for 4yrs its madness.
I also must be missing something because i don't rate him up their in the highest echelons of defenders.
& what is it with European teams & these absurd buy-out clauses, apparently they have written in a £342m clause into his contract, he's 29 ffs.
They will never get that & could end up lumbered themselves but why would his team accept the clause also, he goes there & they suddenly see he's not as good as made out to be & they drop him that's him done, all be it sat there on a wedge but then he is 29 & probably wants to play out his last years not wait till he's 33+ before he starts again.

he is easily worth €50m as a player (prob more). He is worth €200k/week - over four years that amounts to €90m 

four years at 400k/week is €80m 

Players on a free get a huge contract over the period ……… I expect he will be raking in a €10m s/o fee too 

• Like 1

As I just said in the league 1/2 thread, after what Edwards has achieved at Forest Green I'd stay. Watford will only end up sacking him when they're not top by October.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

In Spain every player has to have a release fee. The big clubs put crazy ones on players so avoid other clubs buying them on the cheap.

Just now, Fox92 said:

As I just said in the league 1/2 thread, after what Edwards has achieved at Forest Green I'd stay. Watford will only end up sacking him when they're not top by October.

Exactly. Watford isn't the place you'd go to try and imprint yourself on a club considering they're plotting your successor before you've started

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Laliga rules state all players must have a release clause.

You can actually just go the the Spanish FA / laliga headquarters and pay it. Believe man city did they with either Rodri or fernan torres and the clubs can't refuse. Obviously in most instances they know they aren't gonna get that much for a player but as mentioned below it's a way of protecting their asset.

As for the wages. We all know that's based on the fact they have picked him up for free. It being obscene is a boat that sailed about 30 years ago when $ky changed the face of the game.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Because their game against Chelsea was moved forward to the evening we played Roma in the first leg. They were due to play Chelsea this weekend (but Chelsea in the Cup Final) and Chelsea v ourselves was arranged for next week because of our Conference League progression. 

Thanks for that but it's still smells fishy to me. Strange, manure smelling like fish.lol

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Is the new manager bounce still a thing? 

Just looked up Watford's Next Manager odds and it wasn't "who", it was "how many".

Tbh we're getting to a weird point with Watford where it's almost risk free as a manager. He's got nothing to lose because even if he gets sacked, it'll be viewed sympathetically by the rest of football. 

• Like 3

Unpopular opinion but Watford's model has worked for them, broadly speaking. They're not backed by a billionaire owner and they have been in the premier league for six of the past seven seasons. Who's to say that they would have done better in that time if they had fewer managers. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

I can't decide if Everton fans are showing great support with all this 'seeing the coaches off with flags and flares' shit or they've just gone a bit weird, acting like they're off to the cup final or something. 

Attention seeking "look what great fans we are" more than likely. Scousers ay. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I can't decide if Everton fans are showing great support with all this 'seeing the coaches off with flags and flares' shit or they've just gone a bit weird, acting like they're off to the cup final or something. 

To be fair to them its the only thing they have to Celebrate for 27 years

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I would say a bit weird but I can understand the passion and trying to show the staff and players what it means.

Everton are well supported, and always take numbers, but I thought they were the loudest I'd heard them on Sunday. Each of them seems to be right behind the team despite the fact they are not good.

17 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's not done them any harm over the last couple of games to be fair. Why wouldn't they keep doing it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I would say a bit weird but I can understand the passion and trying to show the staff and players what it means.

Everton are well supported, and always take numbers, but I thought they were the loudest I'd heard them on Sunday. Each of them seems to be right behind the team despite the fact they are not good.

Its funny isn't it, because for the most part of the season they have just got on their backs and shouted abuse lol There is always a turning point in a shite season where the support goes the other way, usually when its gets desperate. Lampard will be praised for keeping them up. 

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Its funny isn't it, because for the most part of the season they have just got on their backs and shouted abuse lol There is always a turning point in a shite season where the support goes the other way, usually when its gets desperate. Lampard will be praised for keeping them up. 

He should be to be fair. It's what he was brought in to do, first and foremost.