Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 hours ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Its a weird one with Leeds and Marsch because although I dont think hes doing that well, it must be quite hard for the Leeds players to go back to playing "normal" football, and how many games did they needlessly get pumped in under Bielsa by playing school playground football rather than having a decent tactical shape?

6 more points and theyd probably be ok this season but under Bielsa they took some absolute spankings.

Leeds even if they somehow stay up will struggle next season, under Bielsa he managed to build great brand formula which has worked for the last three years. However it's now warn off and as you say the players they have just can seem to play any other way. Marsch for me is looking out of his depth, I'm just not convinced he's really inspiring this squad. Don't expect him to be in the Leeds dugout long, summer exit not impossible even if Leeds stay up.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Can see Leeds winning either of their last two games, and it’s very feasible that Burnley won’t win any of their last three 

I think Burnley will get one more win. Due to the goal difference, Leeds then need at least 4 points. Can't see them stay up, they've been horrendous lately.

The extra game Burnley have will save them I reckon. Leeds have to beat Brighton at home this weekend to put pressure on Burnley, assuming they lose at Spurs. Then Burnley will have to win at Villa. 

You'd think Everton will beat at least one of Brentford or Palace at home and that should be enough. They don't want to be going into the final game needing something at Arsenal though, because they will need to win for 4th if they haven't guaranteed it already by then. 

Bored of this ManC/Liverpool thing. Really don't care which of one of these billion pound clubs win the Premier League (as long as it's not the red team). It's only going to get worse with the demise of Chelsea and others being nowhere near good enough to challenge. Interest in the league is going to wain despite how much the media big it up. Don't care anymore and I suspect many others are the same. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think Burnley will get one more win. Due to the goal difference, Leeds then need at least 4 points. Can't see them stay up, they've been horrendous lately.

I can’t see them beating Spurs or Villa away. Then it’s just a home game to a semi revitalised Newcastle, all of who’s players will be playing for their future 

On 11/05/2022 at 16:06, ARTY_FOX said:

Anything but Liverpool. They're probably gonna win the FA cup and champions league which will be unbearable enough but if they won all 4 their fans would be even more insufferable. 

Also they've got 2 world record signings playing for them. They're hardly penny pinchers themselves! 

Absolutely.  They're obscenely wealthy. But I don't think they spend as much as Man City.

Honestly most of the big clubs are trash but at least Liverpool isn't owned by some super human rights abusing petro state. 

41 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Absolutely.  They're obscenely wealthy. But I don't think they spend as much as Man City.

Honestly most of the big clubs are trash but at least Liverpool isn't owned by some super human rights abusing petro state. 

No. Americans and thats arguably worse :ph34r:

They still spend ridiculously and their fans are awful to be around when they don't win anything let alone after they get a trophy. 

11 hours ago, don_danbury said:

keown just said he likes players like vardy that look after themselves lol 

Just wait until the Vardy cookbook comes out! Followed up by Jamie's Health and Fitness Routines.  

I'd buy one!

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If Leeds go, can we have Raphina please? 

Basically signed for Barca already according to Leeds fans. Just depends if they get relegated the fee drops significantly. It's something like 60m if they stay up and 20m if they go down. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Basically signed for Barca already according to Leeds fans. Just depends if they get relegated the fee drops significantly. It's something like 60m if they stay up and 20m if they go down. 

So if we put a sneaky £35million bid in, he's ours? (if/when Leeds go down)

I know people want Leeds to drop because of their fans but I'd much rather they stay up than Burnley. Always a chore of a fixture and have clogged up the league for too many years (albeit with 1 drop to the champ).

Don't think it is a gimmie that Leeds drop though either. Think yesterday's result was one they probably expected but their last 2 are both winnable. Burnley probably have the toughest remaining games now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I really hope this isnt fake lol

Also, I completely forgot he played for Southampton

It doesn't sound fake unless someone has some bizarre editing skills and the same voice as the commentator. 

Oh well, another reason to have on mute Sky and BT commentators. 

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I know people want Leeds to drop because of their fans but I'd much rather they stay up than Burnley. Always a chore of a fixture and have clogged up the league for too many years (albeit with 1 drop to the champ).

Don't think it is a gimmie that Leeds drop though either. Think yesterday's result was one they probably expected but their last 2 are both winnable. Burnley probably have the toughest remaining games now.

Probably not so much winnable given their injuries and suspensions. Looks like they have lost their heads. 

Agree about Burnley but I think I could put up with a drab fixture rather than Leeds (or Everton) next season. The Leeds/Yorkshire thing is so grating.