Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has White been injured? If not, why is he in the bench and Holding starting? 

Yeah, he's been nursing an injury and was a big doubt to start tonight. 

Rumours are he faked it to work on his tan.

4 minutes ago, Anorak said:

I remember the abuse Savage got in the press after the 99 league Cup final, it was pretty nasty stuff. I often wonder if that was the point he decided to embrace the niggly panto villain role and made a career out of it. Don't remember him coming across that way during his earlier City days or being especially disliked by other fans before that cup final. 

I think he was always that type of player, opposition fans always hated him and the long hair made him a target too.

That game just bought it to a wider audience I reckon.

24 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Ben White has got a beautiful tan. He's positively glowing. 

He looks radiating.

I'd like to know how he maintains it.

There's surely a lucrative sponsorship deal there somewhere?

Repping in Ibiza from May-July and during international breaks.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

After we gifted them that win in extra time I absolutely cannot stand spuds. When have we last beaten those smug buggers? 

anyway arseTV will go into full meltdown mode tonite! It’s sure been a while lol

Dec 2020 I think. Vardy penalty and an own goal I think. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TK95 said:

This interview with Arteta lol

Waste of time asking managers about decisions - where do they ever think it's right if they go against their team?

Only difference is he didn't have a rant about them as he probably knew particularly with the red card people would just laugh at him. 

34 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

have we been awarded a pen this season? must've had about 11 or 12 last season 

We’ve barely been in the opponents box this season

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Is DeBruyne the best player we've seen in the PL?

There's been excellent players but KDB is really exceptional and great to watch. 

Hard to say, he's probably up there.

Also very difficult to compare eras, even in just 30 years since the Premier League started, the game has changed so much.

Cantona will always be one of the greatest for me, personally. 

If players from that period had the facilities and sports science we have today, they could've been even better.

Well never know.

Just try to enjoy some of the finest players in the world whilst they play in this country. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Is DeBruyne the best player we've seen in the PL?

There's been excellent players but KDB is really exceptional and great to watch. 

I am biased towards players from my youth but I think Bergkamp's the best I've seen. He came into a league that at the time was very physical and quite suspicious of foreign talent and he thrived. He was obviously gifted technically but also extremely tough.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
14 minutes ago, bovril said:

I am biased towards players from my youth but I think Bergkamp's the best I've seen. He came into a league that at the time was very physical and quite suspicious of foreign talent and he thrived. He was obviously gifted technically but also extremely tough.

Same for me..Bergkamp

Pretty much the perfect player for Wenger. He completely went along with eating all the right stuff, kept himself incredibly fit, didn’t drink much (different to many of the other Arsenal players of the time!). Effectively the model professional by all accounts. And as you say, this was kind of pioneering this type of approach at a very different time to now. 

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Hard to say, he's probably up there.

Also very difficult to compare eras, even in just 30 years since the Premier League started, the game has changed so much.

Cantona will always be one of the greatest for me, personally. 

If players from that period had the facilities and sports science we have today, they could've been even better.

Well never know.

Just try to enjoy some of the finest players in the world whilst they play in this country

Henry

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Newcastle’s supposed away kit for next season is hideous visually and morally. 

I want protests when we play Newcastle tbh. Sport shouldn’t be a cover of murder.

Newcastle going down the Saudi national team colours  next season for their away kit.

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1524861098737942529?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet