Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Hard to compare different positions and eras etc.

But as an individual season that Yaya Toure maybe 13/14 season was the best individual season by a PL player for me.

Bergkamp would be up there, I think it helps that 3-3 game seeing him live at the ground blew my mind, it was breathtaking. Although I saw a lot of the greats play live Henry, Cantona, Zola even Messi and Ronaldo I’ve never seen an individual performance like that live.

KDB is quality, best right now and in the conversation but not quite there in terms of best ever for me.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Newcastle going down the Saudi national team colours  next season for their away kit.

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1524861098737942529?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Newcastle really have sold their soul haven’t they. I wonder if any true Geordies feel a bit wrong about the whole thing

31 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Newcastle going down the Saudi national team colours  next season for their away kit.

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1524861098737942529?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Newcastle really have sold their soul haven’t they. I wonder if any true Geordies feel a bit wrong about the whole thing

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I really like the kit tbf

how can a team that play in black and white have an alternative kit which is white ?  It’s nothing to do with what needed and everything to do with ‘sports washing ‘

41 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

A Newcastle fan on that thread thinking they're going to sell 20 million Newcastle shirts to the Saudis

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

They won't, theyve won the lottery. They'll fill wrong when they've won the titles and realised the club they supported has lost his identify and the titles are financial doping 

Been to every home game except for Newcastle this season, for the reasons suggested above. Get used to it and realise that we have a choice. Eddie Howe should never be seen in a favourable light again, in addition to those who sign for the club. They are literally employees of those who advocate and decide to use capital punishment and the various other things, that equal human rights abuses. Jamal Khashoggi, remember him.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Been to every home game except for Newcastle this season, for the reasons suggested above. Get used to it and realise that we have a choice. Eddie Howe should never be seen in a favourable light again, in addition to those who sign for the club. They are literally employees of those who advocate and decide to use capital punishment and the various other things, that equal human rights abuses. Jamal Khashoggi, remember him.

Can’t say it enough. Couldn’t believe the amount of ‘Newcastle fans deserve this’ comments made when it happened and their deluded fans lapping it up. Sold themselves out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KFS said:

Can’t say it enough. Couldn’t believe the amount of ‘Newcastle fans deserve this’ comments made when it happened and their deluded fans lapping it up. Sold themselves out.

This, basically. They’re absolute muppets and the Saudis couldn’t have bought a more fitting club. Idiots. 

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

As pointed out by one of their fans, green and white isn't new for their away kit

There are lots of different greens 

the Saudi green is not the newcastle brown shirt green unless you’re very very very colour blind …..

I’m more shocked that they ever had a white second kit ……it’s like us having a blue and white stripe second kit ……..

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

how can a team that play in black and white have an alternative kit which is white ?  It’s nothing to do with what needed and everything to do with ‘sports washing ‘

Alternative kit has absolutely nothing to do with avoiding colour clashes with the home team anymore - how many times have we seen a team who play in red change to alternative kit when playing a team who play in say all blue, its just about money - kit sales and sponsorship deals, oh and sportwashing in this case.

Maybe this shirt would be more apt for the butchers

Project Capture (75).jpg

Edited by J. James
Typo

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

Is DeBruyne the best player we've seen in the PL?

There's been excellent players but KDB is really exceptional and great to watch. 

I think he’s definitely the best midfielder and hopefully will end the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debates as de Bruyne has clearly overtaken them all for me now. Certainly a good call.

Salah has got to be up there too from the current crop.

Think Shearer, Henry, Salah and de Bruyne (in no particular order) are probably the most obvious standouts for me.

Ronaldo, Suarez and Bale all had individual seasons as good as anyone too, but probably weren’t at their peak in the PL for long enough. 

Edited by Sampson

I'd argue Gerrard. If a player can do that well for a team at their lowest ebb in decades and still be considered a great, then that edges him.

If KDB was in the current Man United squad and dragging them to cups, then I'd be more tempted to put him in the same league but he's got Silva, Fernandinho, Foden and others around him - all of whom would walk into any first team.

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There are lots of different greens 

the Saudi green is not the newcastle brown shirt green unless you’re very very very colour blind …..

Top is taken from NUFC shirt, bottom is from KSA shirt...... TOTALLY different... yeah right

Polish_20220513_083708242.jpg

Edited by J. James

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think he’s definitely the best midfielder and hopefully will end the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debates as de Bruyne has clearly overtaken them all for me now. Certainly a good call.

Salah has got to be up there too from the current crop.

Think Shearer, Henry, Salah and de Bruyne (in no particular order) are probably the most obvious standouts for me.

Ronaldo, Suarez and Bale all had individual seasons as good as anyone too, but probably weren’t at their peak in the PL for long enough. 

The Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debate will always go on because they are English.

For me, Patrick Vieira remains the best central midfielder I've seen play in the Premier League. He could do everything I'd want in a top midfielder. 

But I've never seen any of them do what Gerrard did in terms of single handedly winning cup finals. Gerrard's first cup final goal against West Ham, I don't think any of the others come up with that.

On 09/05/2022 at 22:31, Aus Fox said:

The problem is I’ve had Everton, Burnley and Leeds all nailed on to go down in the last few weeks, it seems every time a team looks dead they throw together a run of results.

Looking at it, I’d also be a little nervous if I were a Southampton fan, 2 games left that they could easily lose, meaning if those 3 can pull 2 wins out of their arse Saints could go!

In all likelihood, right now Leeds look most likely, but who would have bet on Everton picking up 6 points against us and Chelsea.

Thats relegation battles for you, every season now we get people saying 25-30 will be enough to stay up because the PPG sucks for 3/4 of the season, but then end of every season good runs happen and the points to stay up skyrockets to high 30s.