Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

hahahahahahaha

0CF63686-8764-4DAE-959A-D60E0D1F27C4.jpeg

"That loser is football" might be over the top but it's not wrong though really. Like we've seen with Mahrez, they can just chuck as much money as they want knowing they can get a player they don't even need. How many good wingers do they want? Mahrez, Foden, Silva, Grealish.

It's no surprise they win the league, in fact anything less than that is a bad job.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Man city are the scum of the league. Hate them more than anyone. Any Qatari emirati saudi or Chinese backed club is vile. All funded by regimes that destroy other nations and exploit the world to thr fullest. The worst of the worst. And man city are up there. 

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Villa fans are massive hypocrites if they are going to talk about sides over spending. 

And this right here is the real quiz.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

And they still won't win the champions league.

But they'll win everything domestically apart from the Community Shield :fc:

Just glad that we now have the FA Cup on our honours board and we're in a Euro competition that doesn't include them. 

Mahrez kicking up a fuss lost us at least £10-15 million I reckon. I think we just wanted him out in the end. When he went to Man City he was about 15 months older than Grealish at the same time- there's no way Grealish is worth £40 million more. Not like we're talking about a significantly different time either.

• Like 1

And goes without saying but if they get Kane too, every club should boo them off the park next season. How are we and the media putting up with this shit? It’s ruining the game. They had the cheek to want to be part of the ESL too.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Mahrez kicking up a fuss lost us at least £10-15 million I reckon. I think we just wanted him out in the end. When he went to Man City he was about 15 months older than Grealish at the same time- there's no way Grealish is worth £40 million more. Not like we're talking about a significantly different time either.

English players always command an inflated fee and he's the most over hyped player of a generation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Talksport is awash with very upset Villa fans right now hahahaa.

I know we are the masters at selling players we can afford to lose for huge fees but I can't understand how fans of clubs our size think they can challenge the top 6, retain all their best players and have enough money each year to buy loads of new players. 

These thick brummies chirpsing on about their owners being the 3rd richest in the league and they don't need the money are in for a huge shock when they have to explain their losses away in the coming years. 

Boyhood fan stuff though, isn't it? I really hope it doesn't happen but I reckon the fans would be livid and upset if Harvey Barnes left.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

English players always command an inflated fee and he's the most over hyped player of a generation.

Oh yeah, not doubting that but Mahrez went too cheaply in my view when you look at his career with us and since.

We probably made it up with the Maguire sale but you have to judge it on that player and £60 million was a great deal for Man City.

• Like 2

Just thinking what's on Harry Kane mind this morning, he obviously thought he was Man City no.1 priority. Think he might of got tapped up by Pep and Man City. Really dumb of Kane to give that Sky Sports interview with Gary Neville playing golf together, Neville really stitched him up by saying that Man City is his preferred destination.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Boyhood fan stuff though, isn't it? I really hope it doesn't happen but I reckon the fans would be livid and upset if Harvey Barnes left.

We wouldn't because Barnes has never bigged himself up as some sort of Leicester City Incarnate like Grealish has with Villa. Villa fans have made themselves upset by believing Grealish's "My club, my city" guff.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Talksport is awash with very upset Villa fans right now hahahaa.

I know we are the masters at selling players we can afford to lose for huge fees but I can't understand how fans of clubs our size think they can challenge the top 6, retain all their best players and have enough money each year to buy loads of new players. 

These thick brummies chirpsing on about their owners being the 3rd richest in the league and they don't need the money are in for a huge shock when they have to explain their losses away in the coming years. 

Think the penny is finally dropping for them. They don't seem to get the irony either of boasting about having billionaire owners whilst moaning about city buying the league and being plastic.

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just thinking what's on Harry Kane mind this morning, he obviously thought he was Man City no.1 priority. Think he might of got tapped up by Pep and Man City. Really dumb of Kane to give that Sky Sports interview with Gary Neville playing golf together, Neville really stitched him up by saying that Man City is his preferred destination.

If City want him he will go. They have the money. Worrying thing is 150m isnt really anything for their owners. 

They will offload a couple and probably make 50m back. 

The only way to beat City this year if just go balls out attack and press. No team can afford to sit back against them. 

• Like 1

Sucks for them, Grealish for sure is a top player and it will be a huge gap to fill. Perhaps it will give insight into how things are for us! Every club is a selling club, they can't get "high and mighty" about billionaire owners when they aren't delivering trophies every season.

Thing is though, Man City are being allowed to monopolise the league. Any player of worth is just snapped up by them, irrespective of how they fit in to the team. Surely these players have to look at Man City and see that they could quite easily damage their career.... whatever happened to Ake? Is he like 4th choice centre back now behind Dias, Laporte, Stones?

Either way, I'm sure Villa will do fine, they've spent big to try to replace him and I think they've bought some interesting talent... their season will go one of 2 ways, highly impress or bomb.. no middle ground.

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

See Villa. there is no loyalty, you aren’t a big club anymore. :surrender:

Also, wtf did you think all these signings were coming from?  Santa Claus?  lol

This. Most can’t seem to fathom that Grealish leaving has allowed them to strengthen massively.

They think he’s leaving a side that can challenge next season, but it’s one or the other (Grealish or spend big) IMO. 

• Like 1