Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Oh I get that totally. Individually and collectively we could have been so much better. 

But to finish 8th or 9th in this kind of season 

Yes I agree. It’s easy to be critical but there is so much promise still. We do need to address certain issues as I have said with a clear strategy overseen and driven by the board/owner. If we have a good summer in terms of ins and outs and improvements in the off pitch matters then we can get back on track. After the heady heights of recent seasons this has been a sobering season but we can learn from it and go again. 

After all the jubilant shrieking from the Everton fans at our place last weekend, my heart bleeds to see them all suffering like this seven days later…

Edited by Hammo
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Yes I agree. It’s easy to be critical but there is so much promise still. We do need to address certain issues as I have said with a clear strategy overseen and driven by the board/owner. If we have a good summer in terms of ins and outs and improvements in the off pitch matters then we can get back on track. After the heady heights of recent seasons this has been a sobering season but we can learn from it and go again. 

It does feel like this season was a reset after the previous two. The best managers reinvent their teams. Big season coming up for Rodgers, Rudders and the new head of recruitment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I dont think Everton will get another point this season, but I'm not sure Leeds will either, I'm more confident burnley will pull something out of the bag

Palace will be in their flip-flops come Thursday. Everton will survive, probably, which is a shame after that shit housing last week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I dont think Everton will get another point this season, but I'm not sure Leeds will either, I'm more confident burnley will pull something out of the bag

All about Leeds and Burnley. Even if Everton fail to pick up another point, can't see Leeds getting a win last game.

Would love Everton to draw/lose in the week to at least make them sweat on matchday 38. However, Palace will be brushed aside comfortably.

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Palace will be in their flip-flops come Thursday. Everton will survive, probably, which is a shame after that shit housing last week. 

With palace you just don’t know whether they will turn up or not. The result today has tempered the mood at Goodison a bit though I bet and added to their issues in defence. 

Edited by Supergray22

This is what makes football quite intriguing (especially when your own club is not part of a relegation battle themselves).

Think Burnley will go down.

Edited by Wymsey

Just now, Wymsey said:

This is what makes football quite intriguing (especially when your own club is not part of a relegation battle themselves).

Think Burnley and Leeds will go down.

Literally impossible!  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pretty disappointing to think the 4 points they got against us will keep Everton up.

Our of them Leeds and Burnley, they're the most likely to be competition with us in the near future....So poor for us and from us to not send them down.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Definitely sticking a tenner on Rudiger to score anytime against us.

We played Chelsea away last season off the back of their Cup Final defeat. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself this season.