Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Claude has the easiest set up of all time doesnt he? Stick a mic and camera in a load of annoying Gooners and make a mint as a result. Probably has more opposition fans watching AFTV for comedy content  than Arsenal fans 

Got to hand it to him really.

Hes dead.

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

Still the same amount of games and I doubt they'll go ful pelt from the start of the Europa

It’s the travelling back which is the issue for the Thursday into Sunday as probably affects your only training session on the Saturday 

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Crazy to think results against Brighton at home, West Ham at Home, Spurs at home, Everton away, Newcastle away conceding late on have cost us 10 points which would put us 7th with two games to play. Let alone the disgraceful VAR calls away at Brighton, the limp performance at home to Villa, the 2-0 lead at half time away at Palace. Threw so many points away this season. 

Literally squandered another top 4?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Crazy to think results against Brighton at home, West Ham at Home, Spurs at home, Everton away, Newcastle away conceding late on have cost us 10 points which would put us 7th with two games to play. Let alone the disgraceful VAR calls away at Brighton, the limp performance at home to Villa, the 2-0 lead at half time away at Palace. Threw so many points away this season. 

Swings and roundabouts. We beat Wolves and Leeds at home without really deserving to, Brentford away as well. Despite the lateish goal, we got absolutely battered 2nd half at home by Brighton. 

Every team will lament missed opportunities.

11 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

You folks do realise that it's all set-up for the Spursiest result of all time on Sunday? Losing to Norwich, while Arsenal squeak the 1-0 win that sends Everton down while leapfrogging them into 4th. :fishing:

I think I'd prefer this but I just can't see it which is a shame

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Funny what dropping 100m can do. 

If we dropped £100m on the same crop I doubt our form would have changed in the same time period. Only Guimares and Trippier would have been given a look in by Brendan. 

Also BR wouldn’t have turned Joelinton into a top quality box to box midfielder, he’d have frozen him out. Same with turning Krafth into a capable premier league player, or rediscovering Frasers form. 

There’s still a chance they finish above us, they were dead and buried when he arrived.

You’ve got to give Howe some credit it’s as simple as that. He’s spent half the time during this winning run without his key signing and their best player in and out the team. 

I used to think he was useless, but he’s gone away, learned from other managers and learned how to set up a side defensively. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, AjcW said:

If we dropped £100m on the same crop I doubt our form would have changed in the same time period. Only Guimares and Trippier would have been given a look in by Brendan. 

Also BR wouldn’t have turned Joelinton into a top quality box to box midfielder, he’d have frozen him out. Same with turning Krafth into a capable premier league player, or rediscovering Frasers form. 

There’s still a chance they finish above us, they were dead and buried when he arrived.

You’ve got to give Howe some credit it’s as simple as that. He’s spent half the time during this winning run without his key signing and their best player in and out the team. 

I used to think he was useless, but he’s gone away, learned from other managers and learned how to set up a side defensively. 

Hes done nothing like what brendan has in his career.