Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Club and police need to take responsibility here. This is the 3rd or 4th one this week so didn't take a genius to see this coming. 

Surely after watching Billy Sharp get headbutted and need stitches they'd have put a plan in place to get the away team off?

Someone is going to get properly hurt at some point

Swindon players attacked last night as well.

It's a joke tbh and exactly what I meant when I posted people join in without being interesting in celebrating.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Letting Everton have 4 points off us is up there with the Forest debacle, the Spurs at home debacle, losing in the cup to Liverpools 3rd team and getting knocked out of two European competitions in one season with an absolute whimper, in terms of lows which makes this season an absolute disaster. That’s without mentioning the continual shit show of defending corners. 

So do you think three were any negatives to take from this Season?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely love Viera for this. 

Not only does he kick to the ground one an actual waste of oxygen. He then turns and faces the other cowards who do this jump/dance to pretend they’re hard but back off as soon as Viera faces them. Like the terminator. 

I really hope he doesn’t face any punishment for this. 

I’m very concerned about the fan brutally attacked by Vieira ;our thoughts and prayers are with him and maybe we should have a candlelit vigil to pray for his full and complete recovery .

Fair play to Viera. Really hope he doesn’t face sanctions.

Reminds me of that Ian Walker incident. 

The same argument that Mickey Adams used to defend Walker should apply here that if someone ran onto the pitch and up in a player/manager’s face then they can (and will do one of these days) have a knife and in the heat of the moment the player won’t have time to know, so it was considered self-defence. 

Also, what kind of idiot films themselves running onto the pitch, going up to Viera and abuses him? That fan is just asking for a lifetime ban.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I do find the criticism of the way fans should celebrate absolutely baffling.:D

But it isn't celebration, is it? A bloke has literally got his phone out with the sole purpose of trying to goad Vieira. Where is the unbridled celebration in that? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Fair play to Viera. Really hope he doesn’t face sanctions.

Reminds me of that Ian Walker incident. 

The same argument that Mickey Adams used to defend Walker should apply here that if someone ran onto the pitch and up in a player/manager’s face then they can (and will do one of these days) have a knife and in the heat of the moment the player won’t have time to know, so it was considered self-defence. 

Also, what kind of idiot films themselves running onto the pitch, going up to Viera and abuses him? That fan is just asking for a lifetime ban.

Viera is in trouble. You can't have double standards. He responded to verbal and gestures abuse with violence. Cantona did the same and he was punished. Don't get me wrong, I understand his reaction but it doesn't matter if he's a manager/team member or whatever. Forest fan got a 6 months sentence and 10 years ban. Circumstances are a bit different surely but I can't see anything else than a 6 months to 1 year ban for Viera, a big fine and it depends on the Everton fan (who is not innocent also) if he's going to chase a criminal case. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Viera is in trouble. You can't have double standards. He responded to verbal and gestures abuse with violence. Cantona did the same and he was punished. Don't get me wrong, I understand his reaction but it doesn't matter if he's a manager/team member or whatever. Forest fan got a 6 months sentence and 10 years ban. Circumstances are a bit different surely but I can't see anything else than a 6 months to 1 year ban for Viera, a big fine and it depends on the Everton fan (who is not innocent also) if he's going to chase a criminal case. 

lol

This is a genuinely mental take. I'll hold my hands up and come back and apologise if you're right, but this is pure red top fantasy land rubbish as far as I can see lol

Can't see anything but a 6-12 month ban lol

6 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

There's no way he'll get that. Whilst the argument will be that his response was disproportionate, he's not the instigator in this scenario. The Forest fan used excessive force, completely unprovoked as well as being in a place he shouldn't have been. Should be treated very differently.

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

lol

No wonder people who aren't in to football think the average football is a scum bag. 

A kid and grandma together telling someone to f**k off... 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

There's no way he'll get that. Whilst the argument will be that his response was disproportionate, he's not the instigator in this scenario. The Forest fan used excessive force, completely unprovoked as well as being in a place he shouldn't have been. Should be treated very differently.

I said already that it will be treated differently as the incidents are different. The use of violence from Viera, even been provoked, will be punished. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I do find the criticism of the way fans should celebrate absolutely baffling.:D

Well youll have to stay baffled then because running on and nutting players and getting in managers faces with gestures and a string of expletives isnt "celebrating" anything.

And if you also think its acceptable that a random mob can run towards people they have an implied hate of without knowing whether they are on drugs, drunk, carrying a weapon or just caught in the heat of thr moment then youre just as weird as they are.

Its irrelevant that 99% are good natured because the 1% will cause the problem and theyll be serious

Edited by Smashing-Pumpkin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Seems quite a harsh red in that clip, yet we see way worse let off in other games. 

I thought it was harsh watching the game last night unfortunately you have someone in the VAR booth who just won’t overrule his mate.

It’s a nice little club, protecting their own interests, where they don’t want to make each other look bad, the go and have a look at the monitor thing is their way of saying ‘You’ve got this one wrong mate but it will be better for me to let you reverse your decision than me overrule you’

As soon as any of them go to the monitor we all know what’s coming.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No wonder people who aren't in to football think the average football is a scum bag. 

A kid and grandma together telling someone to f**k off... 

Come on, we all know the cheeky scousers are a loveable bunch. 

VAR has improved since its initial implementation but it's still a bit of a mess isn't it? Laws weren't designed with this level of scrutiny and causes all sorts of odd decisions, not to mention to removal of immediate emotion and delaying the game. The red yesterday and the Villa foul throw again examples of how we've introduced all this faff and stuff will still be wrong - we just need to accept the imperfections. I think for offside and carding wrong players it is a no-brainer, but I'd like to see some sort of challenge system introduced instead to be honest.

• Like 3