Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

23 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No wonder people who aren't in to football think the average football is a scum bag. 

A kid and grandma together telling someone to f**k off... 

Unfortunately you don't have to go far to find yobbish behaviour within our country 

• Like 1

I would love to see an Everton 6 point deduction for that, and just for kicks they should let Patrick Viera announce the deduction.

But if they must stay up, watching Ted Lasso take Leeds down will be a great consolation prize.

36 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Viera is in trouble. You can't have double standards. He responded to verbal and gestures abuse with violence. Cantona did the same and he was punished. Don't get me wrong, I understand his reaction but it doesn't matter if he's a manager/team member or whatever. Forest fan got a 6 months sentence and 10 years ban. Circumstances are a bit different surely but I can't see anything else than a 6 months to 1 year ban for Viera, a big fine and it depends on the Everton fan (who is not innocent also) if he's going to chase a criminal case. 

Difference was Cantona went into the crowd to attack him, here the guy Viera took out ran into the pitch and straight into his face. Same argument was made with Ian Walker which is why Walker wasn’t punished and Cantona was. Viera should have enough grounds to plead self-defence you’d have thought.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Difference was Cantona went into the crowd to attack him, here the guy Viera took out ran into the pitch and straight into his face. Same argument was made with Ian Walker which is why Walker wasn’t punished and Cantona was. Viera should have enough grounds to please self-defence you’d have thought.

Judging only by the video Viera is responding with violence to a middle finger gesture and probably some verbal abuse. While the stupid fan is down Viera is trying to continue beating him. I can't see where's the self defense in all this. 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Judging only by the video Viera is responding with violence to a middle finger gesture and probably some verbal abuse. While the stupid fan is down Viera is trying to continue beating him. I can't see where's the self defense in all this. 

He ran into the pitch, came up from behind him and started trying to intimidate him aggressively. The argument with Walker was he didn’t have time to tell whether he had a weapon or not so acted instinctively to get him to the floor before the stewards could apprehend him. Viera will argue similar I think.

One of these days one of these pitch invaders probably will have a knife sadly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

There was a tackle by Rudiger on Fofana last night that was 100% worse than the one Lowton was sent off for.

Rudiger, or should I say Fofana was lucky there was little of no contact, he dived in studs up, two feet off the ground ans could have broke both Fofanas legs if he was a fraction later. Lowton was one foot studs down, played the ball.

Unbelievable one is a red and the other isn’t looked at.

The one where Rudiger jumped about 5 yards in front of Fofana knowing he woulld block him?

It was weird to do the challenge like that, but he was absolutely nowhere near Fofana

Just now, filbertway said:

The one where Rudiger jumped about 5 yards in front of Fofana knowing he woulld block him?

It was weird to do the challenge like that, but he was absolutely nowhere near Fofana

Luckily, a turn of pace by Fofana and it could have been nasty though.

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

On VAR - get rid of that fuching stupid "let play continue before raising offside flag" nonsense. I cannot think of a single reason why that needed to change?

It's not being used right most of the time. That was originally in there for instances where a striker goes clean through and scores all within a matter of seconds. If the lino wasn't sure then keep their flag down. 

As the English do, we've taken it way too far to the point where someone can be clearly 4 yards offside but the flag doesn't go up until the player is challenged or the ball goes out of play haha.

Just now, Strokes said:

Luckily, a turn of pace by Fofana and it could have been nasty though.

I'd love to see a replay as I've only seen it the one time in real time, but other than trying to intimidate Fofana I don't think he's done anything wrong at all. This is coming from someone who really despises Rudiger (although would love him if he was on our team lol)

Just now, filbertway said:

I'd love to see a replay as I've only seen it the one time in real time, but other than trying to intimidate Fofana I don't think he's done anything wrong at all. This is coming from someone who really despises Rudiger (although would love him if he was on our team lol)

If Fofana puts even one leg in the way as if to shield the ball, his leg gets snapped in half. 

Rudiger probably knew what he was doing in lunging like that but far enough away from Fofana/the ball, but it's still odd to do. In real-time I was livid. Seen the replay a few times and it's just nonsensical as opposed to malicious or dangerous.

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He ran into the pitch, came up from behind him and started trying to intimidate him aggressively. The argument with Walker was he didn’t have time to tell whether he had a weapon or not so acted instinctively to get him to the floor before the stewards could apprehend him. Viera will argue similar I think.

One of these days one of these pitch invaders probably will have a knife sadly.

I agree that it might get dangerous and we don't know if some of these fans are carrying knives but Viera can't argue that because it's obvious in the video that he wanted to continue kicking the idiot while he was on the floor and begging Viera to stop. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If Fofana puts even one leg in the way as if to shield the ball, his leg gets snapped in half. 

Rudiger probably knew what he was doing in lunging like that but far enough away from Fofana/the ball, but it's still odd to do. In real-time I was livid. Seen the replay a few times and it's just nonsensical as opposed to malicious or dangerous.

Incredibly odd I totally agree with that, he could have achieved exactly the same from sliding in. Which is why I'm leaning towards a yellow is fair, because the action was purely to intimidate and totally unnecessary.

You got a link to the replay mate? I think Rudiger gets further away every time I replay it in my mind lol

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Incredibly odd I totally agree with that, he could have achieved exactly the same from sliding in. Which is why I'm leaning towards a yellow is fair, because the action was purely to intimidate and totally unnecessary.

You got a link to the replay mate? I think Rudiger gets further away every time I replay it in my mind lol

image.png.e2166f952bbe1fb0a8d3be294336877e.png

image.png.fccf3997dcb8452dec41ea38b7904757.png

image.png.0ddd03d02e4cc665ff0930dd387198fe.png

Looks far away but given Fofana runs forward, by the time Rudiger lands there could have been some injury.

Just no need to jump in like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I said already that it will be treated differently as the incidents are different. The use of violence from Viera, even been provoked, will be punished. 

About 20-years-ago now I know, but Ian Walker (rightly) didn’t get punished for punching that melt who ran on the pitch against Villa.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

image.png.e2166f952bbe1fb0a8d3be294336877e.png

image.png.fccf3997dcb8452dec41ea38b7904757.png

image.png.0ddd03d02e4cc665ff0930dd387198fe.png

Looks far away but given Fofana runs forward, by the time Rudiger lands there could have been some injury.

Just no need to jump in like that.

Just found that as you replied, cheers :D 

Yeah it's pretty much how I remember it, unneccesary and deserved the yellow, I can't get on board with calls for a red though. It actually reminds me a lot of the Fer Nino tackle. The difference was that Fofana stepped across the ball expecting Fer Nino to try and shoulder barge him. Ends up planting his foot just as Fer Nino's challenge comes in. 

There is absolutely no self defence claim in that Viera incident. If you watch it, the fan was starting to turn and walk away before Viera decides to go for him. A big part of it also is that Viera walks TOWARDS him to kick him, that takes away the self defence claim too. 

It's unfortunate because the fan deserved to be kicked far harder than that. Utterly loathsome. 

1 hour ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Well youll have to stay baffled then because running on and nutting players and getting in managers faces with gestures and a string of expletives isnt "celebrating" anything.

And if you also think its acceptable that a random mob can run towards people they have an implied hate of without knowing whether they are on drugs, drunk, carrying a weapon or just caught in the heat of thr moment then youre just as weird as they are.

Its irrelevant that 99% are good natured because the 1% will cause the problem and theyll be serious

Well that's exactly my point.

Anyway, I'm talking about people criticising fans for 'over' celebrating.  You shouldn't run on the pitch unless....You read it all the time on forums 'they celebrated like they had won the cup'...its bizarre,  Maybe someone should write a rule book.

If you win a regular game you can jump up and down 4 times and then politely applaud.

If you beat your rivals you can jump up and down 6 times and applaud loudly.

etc etc...

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

No wonder people who aren't in to football think the average football is a scum bag. 

A kid and grandma together telling someone to f**k off... 

That just sums up scousers.

Utter scum.

47 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Well that's exactly my point.

Anyway, I'm talking about people criticising fans for 'over' celebrating.  You shouldn't run on the pitch unless....You read it all the time on forums 'they celebrated like they had won the cup'...its bizarre,  Maybe someone should write a rule book.

If you win a regular game you can jump up and down 4 times and then politely applaud.

If you beat your rivals you can jump up and down 6 times and applaud loudly.

etc etc...

I agree on the sentiment, but I think these points are about people that are clearly pre-meditating. If you're on the pitch with your phone out, it's pre-meditated. If it's sheer elation you're just running around like a nutter hugging players and fans and anyone you can grab

The majority seem to be more interested in looking like they're celebrating than actually enjoying the moment