Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Well that's exactly my point.

Anyway, I'm talking about people criticising fans for 'over' celebrating.  You shouldn't run on the pitch unless....You read it all the time on forums 'they celebrated like they had won the cup'...its bizarre,  Maybe someone should write a rule book.

If you win a regular game you can jump up and down 4 times and then politely applaud.

If you beat your rivals you can jump up and down 6 times and applaud loudly.

etc etc...

What actually IS your point?

Your point is that if your definition of celebrating is running on and goading people that should be fine because "people shouldnt judge how others celebrate"

The vast majority of people would judge pitch invaders as complete morons but you seem to think theres some sort of nuanced acceptability to it?

1 minute ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

What actually IS your point?

Your point is that if your definition of celebrating is running on and goading people that should be fine because "people shouldnt judge how others celebrate"

The vast majority of people would judge pitch invaders as complete morons but you seem to think theres some sort of nuanced acceptability to it?

I never said that fans assaulting players was ok.  My point was exactly what I wrote.  That I find it odd that fans mock other fans for celebrating.  I have no idea why you think that you have to be a complete moron because you celebrate peacefully on the pitch with thousands of your fellow fans after a momentous win, which happens perhaps once a generation .  I remember back in 1991 when we stayed up everyone went onto the pitch.  I ambled on minutes later as everyone was on the pitch anyway. Parents lifting their children onto the pitch, families walking around on the pitch.  Players came out in the main stand to celebrate with those fans on the pitch.  But Maybe we're all complete morons.

13 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I never said that fans assaulting players was ok.  My point was exactly what I wrote.  That I find it odd that fans mock other fans for celebrating.  I have no idea why you think that you have to be a complete moron because you celebrate peacefully on the pitch with thousands of your fellow fans after a momentous win, which happens perhaps once a generation .  I remember back in 1991 when we stayed up everyone went onto the pitch.  I ambled on minutes later as everyone was on the pitch anyway. Parents lifting their children onto the pitch, families walking around on the pitch.  Players came out in the main stand to celebrate with those fans on the pitch.  But Maybe we're all complete morons.

They aren't celebrations to me.

As I said in my post, they're so regular now they're boring. People do them just because they can and half the people aren't even celebrating.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They aren't celebrations to me.

As I said in my post, they're so regular now they're boring. People do them just because they can and half the people aren't even celebrating.

I'm not bothered by them either way really as long as they're peaceful.  We seem to celebrate more on the concourse and after the game on the pitch than during the game in the stands.  We're a weird lot.:D

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

That just sums up scousers.

Utter scum.

No, don't generalise people.

We've seen trouble at Bristol Rovers, Port Vale and Nottingham Forest all in the past week. Everton is just another one.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

This is getting out of hand, now. FA and EPL need to make a statement - instant 6 point deduction for any pitch invasion or forfeit a trophy won.

Mark my words - if it carries on, you can kiss safe standing goodbye

Yep, they are going to employ the hammer approach if this continues and matchday experiences are going to suuuccckkkkkk if that happens. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd back Tottenham's u18s to beat Norwich. 

They probably would to be fair. Seen a few more things saying not good poisoning but Kane is unwell so cancelled some media stuff today 

Ok I hadn't seen the Rudiger challenge people were talking about - now that I have, not even close to a red. Jump is not towards the player, though he is daft making that challenge so far away from his own goal.

Just one of those things isn't it, people see these pitch invasions happen and then decide I wanna be involved in one. Sure there's a term for that sort of sheep behavior lol I'm not one of these people that agrees with suggestions to dish out points deductions for clubs when something out of their control happens (ie an individual being found guilty of a racist chant/confrontation etc.) but thousands of people running onto the pitch? Sure why not. I know most are usually peaceful but the sort of shit seen over the last week will just set a trend for yet more people who still believe their ticket allows them to do whatever they want, and will then excuse their shitty behavior as "passion" 

• Like 1

I used to really like the pitch invasions if I'm being honest and it felt like we never got a chance for that moment even with all we've achieved: Championship was on the Saturday when QPR slipped up, confirming survival was away at Sunderland, league title was Spurs slipping up at Chelsea, FA Cup was Wembley. But you look at some of the scenes this week and there really does need to be tighter controls brought in now. Yes it is the small minority ruining it for the larger group who are not there to cause any issues, but there are some people entering the pitch with intent just to goad players/managers who are probably still raw from defeat. 

7 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

If people are going to continue behaving like deranged idiots, then drastic measures have to be taken. Easy solution, bring back the fences

Let the fans who cause trouble come to the matches but theyre only allowed in if dressed as clowns.

• Haha 1

They almost need to get a way to stop fans getting onto the pitch until the players have left it but not sure how that can be done.

Only so many police and security some clubs in the lower leagues can afford. 

BTW I see there is another food poisoning scare in the Spurs camp - just as well they are playing Norwich and only need a point. 

41 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

If people are going to continue behaving like deranged idiots, then drastic measures have to be taken. Easy solution, bring back the fences

Never ever happen.

Given we developed every stadium in the land I'm amazed more thought wasn't given into stopping fans getting on the pitch.

46 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Fences were partly responsible for the high death rate at Hillsborough as fans were crushed being unable to get on to the pitch to safety

• Like 3

1 minute ago, worth_the_wait said:

30 year honours list:

Leicester City FC

1996-97  League Cup winners

1999-00  League Cup winners

2015-16  Premier League winners

2020-21  FA Cup winners

Everton FC

1993-94  Narrowly avoided relegation

1994-95  FA Cup winners

1997-98  Narrowly avoided relegation

2021-22  Narrowly avoided relegation

Bless them!

Wasn't there a season when Moyes came in and saved Everton too and then they had a shocker of a season coming 4th bottom the one after they came 4th?