Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

30 year honours list:

Leicester City FC

1996-97  League Cup winners

1999-00  League Cup winners

2015-16  Premier League winners

2020-21  FA Cup winners

Everton FC

1993-94  Narrowly avoided relegation

1994-95  FA Cup winners

1997-98  Narrowly avoided relegation

2021-22  Narrowly avoided relegation

Bless them!

There's a recent trophy of ours missing from your list. And it's not the Audi Cup. 

8 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

30 year honours list:

Leicester City FC

2020-21  FA Cup winners

Everton FC

1994-95  FA Cup winners

Bless them!

Aint you missing League 2 title and Championship  title for us!

Mind you Everton will say theyve never been outside the top tier so they can win them. Although theyve done fvck all in this top tier since it began!

37 minutes ago, Raj said:

Aint you missing League 2 title and Championship  title for us!

Mind you Everton will say theyve never been outside the top tier so they can win them. Although theyve done fvck all in this top tier since it began!

Did I miss something in our history?

https://www.skysports.com/share/12617672

Everton 'confident' they have complied by FFP rules after Burnley and Leeds threaten legal action

Premier League rules allow clubs to lose a maximum of £105m over three years; clubs have been allowed to write off losses caused by the pandemic; in their latest accounts Everton said £170m of their losses were caused by the pandemic

Everton insist they are "confident" they have complied with Premier League Financial Fair Play rules amid threats of legal action from Burnley and Leeds.

Leeds and Burnley wrote to the Premier League last week to question whether they had broken Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules after they recorded losses of £371.8m over the last three years.

In an exclusive in The Times newspaper on Friday afternoon, it was reported that both clubs also indicated their right to make legal claims against the league and Everton.

Premier League rules allow clubs to lose a maximum of £105m over three years.

Clubs have been allowed to write off losses caused by the pandemic; in their latest accounts Everton said £170m of their losses were caused by the pandemic.

The letter was sent before last weekend's matches. Burnley or Leeds will be relegated on Sunday, while Everton avoided relegation by beating Crystal Palace on Thursday night.

An Everton spokesman said: "We have worked closely with the Premier League to make sure we are compliant. We are comfortable we have complied with the rules.

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

There's a recent trophy of ours missing from your list. And it's not the Audi Cup. 

Well I left off the Charity Shield, as that's technically a "friendly" (and Everton won it in 1996 also).

And I was't counting the 2nd and 3rd Division Championships, as I was only thinking about "major" domestic honours.

2 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

If people are going to continue behaving like deranged idiots, then drastic measures have to be taken. Easy solution, bring back the fences

After Hillsborough, fences aren't coming back.  If -- at this point, when -- a player or coach is seriously injured by a fan, we'll more likely see forced reductions in capacity.  No fans first xx rows, etc.

IMO, a few matches behind closed doors at the club where it happens will probably be the most effective response.

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

30 year honours list:

Leicester City FC

2020-21  FA Cup winners

2021-22 Community Shield winners

Everton FC

1994-95  FA Cup winners

Bless them!

corrected it for you. It matters to me and it is no longer classed as a friendly by the FA.

Edited by sishades
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Well I left off the Charity Shield, as that's technically a "friendly" (and Everton won it in 1996 also).

And I was't counting the 2nd and 3rd Division Championships, as I was only thinking about "major" domestic honours.

I get very upset when people say that The Charity Shield is a friendly.  :mad:

It's not a friendly, it counts!  It's a Wembley final!  You have to earn the right to play in it and you get a big shiny silver shield and everything!

Massive trophy!

Huge!

And don't get me started on people that say The FA Cup is devalued....

Edited by murphy

Pitch invasions & violence: Klopp, Arteta, Howe 'worried' about safety

Jurgen Klopp says they are "dangerous", Eddie Howe says they could cause a "tragedy" - pitch invasions and fan violence have dogged English football in recent days as the season reaches its climax.

Since Monday, there have been five pitch invasions, players assaulted, Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira clashing with a fan, arrests made and investigations launched.

According to the Football Offences Act 1991, it is an offence for fans to enter the pitch "without lawful authority or lawful excuse".

So why has this happened, what is being said and what will happen next?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61518907

3 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

If people are going to continue behaving like deranged idiots, then drastic measures have to be taken. Easy solution, bring back the fences

The solution is Alton Towers style seats that have those bar things that come own over your heads.  I have definitely thought this through and I can confirm that there is definitely no downside whatsoever.

Not just a hat rack....

download.png.0675ce9af215c5cfaddefe6ab2821b64.png

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Did I miss something in our history?

Sorry I meant the old league 2 which is now the league 1 with the old league 1 now being called the Championship and all that!!

Sorry bud showing my age!!🤭🤭

• Haha 1